Windows 10: Laptop completely freezes randomly

Discus and support Laptop completely freezes randomly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; random freezing while im doing things, it started happening about a month ago. i noticed the HDD/SSD light stops blinking when it freezes, i thought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VintagePlaylist, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Laptop completely freezes randomly

random freezing while im doing things, it started happening about a month ago.

i noticed the HDD/SSD light stops blinking when it freezes, i thought it was a problem related to

the SSD but i did a S.M.A.R.T test and everything seems fine, i also tested the ram and it came out fine

(samsung evo 500gb, and i have a 500gb HDD in the CD/DVD caddy area)

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2330M CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz

Installed RAM 4.00 GB (3.89 GB usable)

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 10 Pro

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎10/‎31/‎2020

OS build 19042.746

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

submitted by /u/VintagePlaylist
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VintagePlaylist, Jan 27, 2021

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Jan 28, 2021
  3. My laptop randomly freezes and becomes completely unresponsive

Hi Mia,

You laptop freezing and hanging could be caused by different possible scenarios. For us to address your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any recent changes made on your computer? Like an update or a new programs was installed.
    • Was there a specific activity you were on when the computer freezes.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Laptop completely freezes randomly

My laptop randomly freezes and becomes completely unresponsive

Hi, thanks for the reply.

• I recently installed Windows 10 creators update, but the problem was present before that, and persisted after the update. I don't really remember installing anything else.
    • No, the freezes happen randomly no matter what I'm doing, sometimes my laptop is idle and I'm not doing anything at all and it still freezes.
    • i'm not very tech savvy so I haven't tried anything, I did run sfc /scannow from an admin command prompt, but no issues were found.

Mia Martinez, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

Laptop completely freezes randomly

1. Laptop completely freezes randomly - Similar Threads - Laptop completely freezes

2. Completely random crashes, freezes and bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely random crashes, freezes and bsod: Hi, I have issues with my pc freezing, crashing and showing bsod. It doesnt matter what im doing playing video games, web browsing or doing something in adobe programs, etc.I tried reinstalling windows, deleting drivers, changing bios setting. Nothing helped.My system is:...
  3. Completely random crashes, freezes and bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Completely random crashes, freezes and bsod: Hi, I have issues with my pc freezing, crashing and showing bsod. It doesnt matter what im doing playing video games, web browsing or doing something in adobe programs, etc.I tried reinstalling windows, deleting drivers, changing bios setting. Nothing helped.My system is:...
  4. Laptop randomly freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop randomly freezing: Hello recently my dell laptop started freaking out. I have dropped my laptop many times because i travel a lot.Yesterday i was just playing games and i hit my table and my pc got frozen while the audio was looping a terrible sound when i restarted it i was recommended by...
  5. Laptop freezing randomly

Laptop freezing randomly: I've had an issue with my MSI GL63 8SE laptop for the past month where it would, at random times, freeze and make buzzing sounds. I would then need to force restart it.Looking into the Event Viewer, I noticed that around the time it freezes, there is an error log though I'm...
  6. Laptop randomly freezes

Laptop randomly freezes: A while ago my laptop started to completely freeze and stop for no reason, and I have to just turn it off by holding the button. This happens often now, every day almost. This happens no matter what I'm doing on it, occasionally it freezes even if it is idle....
  7. Laptop freezes completely seemingly randomly,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezes completely seemingly randomly,: I've had this asus laptop for a while but recently it's started freezing completely forcing me to restart it, it also happens consistently while it's booting after freezing, it sometimes doesn't happen for a while, and sometimes happens every time I try to boot in windows,...
  8. Laptop freezes completely seemingly randomly,

Laptop freezes completely seemingly randomly,: I've had this asus laptop for a while but recently it's started freezing completely forcing me to restart it, it also happens consistently while it's booting after freezing, it sometimes doesn't happen for a while, and sometimes happens every time I try to boot in windows,...
  9. laptop freezing randomly

laptop freezing randomly: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎2021-‎10-‎27 6:32 PMStatusReport sentDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 193Parameter 1: 815Parameter 2: 3Parameter 3:...
  10. Complete freeze at random.

Complete freeze at random.: PC freezes up seemingly at random, can be playing a game, watching a movie or just sitting idle. If I leave it on and unattended I come back to find it in bios and after a reboot it works fine. With current version of windows it happens occasionally once a week roughly when...