Windows 10: Laptop computer doesn't see the same One Drive as Desktop

Discus and support Laptop computer doesn't see the same One Drive as Desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use One Drive on my Desktop and my Laptop. I expected changes and additions I make to the Desktop one should appear on the laptop and vice-versa.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JJG10, Jul 19, 2017.

1. JJG10 Win User

Laptop computer doesn't see the same One Drive as Desktop

I use One Drive on my Desktop and my Laptop. I expected changes and additions I make to the Desktop one should appear on the laptop and vice-versa.

Am in brand new field here and need some help.

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Jul 19, 2017

2. W10 Windows DVD player breaks.

For clarification:

for the computer that's misbehaving: tried two tv series and 1 film dvd, same problem for all

tried one of these in a laptop, no problem. few differences between the computers: self built desktop, windows 10, windows dvd player, 2nd hand dvd drive vs laptop, windows 7, windows media player, built in drive.

trying media player on the desktop, but it doesn't seem to recognise the disks I'm trying.

BrtJackson, Jul 19, 2017
  3. RaydenW Win User
    Accessing files across home network

I have three Windows 10 Pro computers on a wired network. All are signed into the same Windows account. One that I'm trying to access is called DESKTOP and I have two laptops.

I have enabled sharing on DESKTOP folders.

On one laptop computer, in Windows Explorer, under NETWORK, I see DESKTOP and its folders and files, and I can access these.

From another laptop computer in Windows Explorer under NETWORK, I see DESKTOP, but I can not see any folders and files. When I click on the drive I get the message "You do not have permission to access".

However, they all are open in the same Windows Account.

Thinking that it might be a conflict I powered down the laptop that worked, but the other one still did not work.

So it would seem that the problem is with the computer that can not see the folders and files, and not DESKTOP, the one I am trying to access.

I have been researching this off and on for a while - and all day today - and not getting anywhere.

I should be most grateful for any clue where to look. SID comes to mind, this is something I've come across today - but how do I investigate whether that is the issue?

RaydenW, Jul 19, 2017
  4. Laptop computer doesn't see the same One Drive as Desktop

First you have to make sure both computers are connected to same MS account.

Second step is to configure what to sync.

It would also help if you would share what OS versions and possible OneDrive versions you are using.

It takes time for the 2 computers to sync because first the files on one computer has to sync to OneDrive, then the updated files on OneDrive has to be synced to the other computer. If the files are really large, then it will take a very long time.

slicendice, Jul 19, 2017
  5. JJG10 Win User
    Thank you, Slicendice.

Your first sentence uncovered the problem. Without going into the why it happened other that an misjudgement on my part, My Desktop and Laptop sign it automatically to different MS Accounts. Is there any way to make the Laptop sign into the same MS Account as the Desktop without creating a new user on the Laptop or reinstalling W10 there?

Thank you.

JJG10, Jul 20, 2017
  6. mrgeek Win User
    " Is there any way to make the Laptop sign into the same MS Account as the Desktop without creating a new user on the Laptop or reinstalling W10 there?"

No need to reinstall OS. I would just create a new Local Account on the laptop, give it admin privileges, then change it over to a MS via the 'Sign in with a MS account' option. That will sync the Onedrive files from desktop to laptop. If you want only one account on the laptop, then move all the folder contents under 'This PC' from the orig account to the new profile and delete the original User. Good Luck.

mrgeek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Laptop computer doesn't see the same One Drive as Desktop

1. Laptop computer doesn't see the same One Drive as Desktop - Similar Threads - Laptop computer doesn't

2. hp laptop doesn't see external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp laptop doesn't see external drive: my new hp dq5000 laptop running windows 11 does not see my seagate backup portable drive, my old pc running windows 8 sees the drive thus the drive must be working....
  3. hp laptop doesn't see external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hp laptop doesn't see external drive: my new hp dq5000 laptop running windows 11 does not see my seagate backup portable drive, my old pc running windows 8 sees the drive thus the drive must be working....
  4. Connect AppMiracast on my desktop doesn't see my laptop, but my laptop can see my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect AppMiracast on my desktop doesn't see my laptop, but my laptop can see my desktop: Hi i have a question. So i want to stretch my screen onto my laptop. But my desktop is having trouble finding my laptop under devices in Connect App. I can do it the other way around, i can stretch my laptop screen to my desktop monitor. I tried to disable my firewall and...
  5. One Drive Desktop and Laptop Syncing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive Desktop and Laptop Syncing: Hi, I currently use a desktop PC, and a laptop both connected to OneDrive, with Microsoft office also. I want OneDrive to keep saving to the cloud, but i don't want the PC and Laptop syncing the sale files , EG: documents on the home screen etc. Can anyone advise me on...
  6. hard drive doesn't mount on one computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive doesn't mount on one computer: Hi, please tell me how to mount my hard drive that is working perfectly fine on all computers except for one. If I click safely remove hard drive there is an option to eject. If I open disk management I can a bunch of partitions that I assume is my hard drive. The computer...
  7. Laptop sees desktop, but desktop doesn't see laptop

Laptop sees desktop, but desktop doesn't see laptop: I'm configuring a new Win10 laptop. Initially, the laptop and my desktop (also Win10) could see each other under the Computer section under Network in File Explorer. This is over a hardwired Ethernet connection via a switch. I started copying a bunch of files from the desktop...
  8. Laptop doesn't see itself or other computer on network.

Laptop doesn't see itself or other computer on network.: Just added new computer to home. Decided to set up a private network to share files. Computer A (HP Laptop) and computer B (Dell Laptop) are both running Windows 10 and are logged into the same WIFI network. Computer B can see itself and Computer A. It can also see and...
  9. My Computer Doesn't "See" External Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Computer Doesn't "See" External Hard Drives: Toshiba laptop, W10 Home, Ver 1803 I have 2 external hard drives. When I plug either of them into a USB port I hear the normal beep sound, indicating they've been recognized but they don't automatically play, even though auto play is enabled . They don't even show up in...
  10. Two computers on same homegroup but only one can see the other

in Windows 10 Support
    Two computers on same homegroup but only one can see the other: Ok, I have a homegroup win 10, two computers on network, share options checked for all drives on both with everyone as user. Computer1 can see the Computer2 and all hard drives, the Computer 2 can not see Computer1 115110

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one drive desktop same as pc desktop