Windows 10: laptop computer reboots by itself

Discus and support laptop computer reboots by itself in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I can successfully shut down the computer in the morning but when I shut down in the afternoon it reboots by itself. I can shut it down 2 or 3 times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CindyTaylor3, Jul 12, 2020.

1. laptop computer reboots by itself

I can successfully shut down the computer in the morning but
    when I shut down in the afternoon it reboots by itself.
    I can shut it down 2 or 3 times and it reboots each time.
    The only way I can shut it down successfully is by pressing the power button

:)

CindyTaylor3, Jul 12, 2020
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Computer is rebooting itself.

Yeah, automatic updates is turned off, and event viewer says something about Windows not shutting down correctly. There's no BSOD, or there would be a window on the desktop saying there was a BSOD and giving me the error code and such. It seems to just reboot itself. I've never seen it do it while I was using it, though.

3. Computer rebooting itself and not shutting back down.

Hi,

You might not have or lost administrative privileges resulting to unable to configure Task Scheduler. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Is your computer connected to a domain or being managed by a Windows Server?
    • What is the build number and version of your Windows?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run a antivirus scan using Windows Defender.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jul 12, 2020
  4. ceopt01 Win User

laptop computer reboots by itself

n95 reboots by itself...

my n95 has started rebooting by itself. it's really strange. also whenever i press and hold 1 for speed dialing it will reboot...

any suggestions?

ceopt01, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

laptop computer reboots by itself

1. laptop computer reboots by itself - Similar Threads - laptop computer reboots

2. My laptop keep on rebooting itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keep on rebooting itself: My laptop keep on rebooting itself, it will suddenly go black and on back while my keyboard is still on, after checking Event Viewer i saw The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. pls how can i solve this issue:Error Message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The...
  3. My laptop keep on rebooting itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keep on rebooting itself: My laptop keep on rebooting itself, it will suddenly go black and on back while my keyboard is still on, after checking Event Viewer i saw The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. pls how can i solve this issue:Error Message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The...
  4. Computer keeps rebooting itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps rebooting itself: While playing games computer decides to reboot mid-game without any announcements. Found following error in Event Viewer:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x00007fffffff0000, 0x00000000000000ff, 0x00000000000000c0, 0xfffff8046d0540f7. A...
  5. Computer keeps rebooting itself

Computer keeps rebooting itself: While playing games computer decides to reboot mid-game without any announcements. Found following error in Event Viewer:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x00007fffffff0000, 0x00000000000000ff, 0x00000000000000c0, 0xfffff8046d0540f7. A...
  6. My Asus laptop reboots itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Asus laptop reboots itself: My newly purchased Asus Zephyrus M16 laptop, once awhile would reboot itself. I don't edit videos or play games. I have a i9-12900, 3070i graphics, 16gb ram. I see graphic and cpu utilization low, and a very high RAM utlilization of 80-90%, and CPU temperature constantly...
  7. My Asus laptop reboots itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Asus laptop reboots itself: My newly purchased Asus Zephyrus M16 laptop, once awhile would reboot itself. I don't edit videos or play games. I have a i9-12900, 3070i graphics, 16gb ram. I see graphic and cpu utilization low, and a very high RAM utlilization of 80-90%, and CPU temperature constantly...
  8. My Asus laptop reboots itself

9. Laptop reboots itself after an overnight sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop reboots itself after an overnight sleep.: So I have been experiencing this problem with my laptop lately, where I would leave my laptop sleep overnight and open the next morning. But when I opened, the screen turns black, lights from the laptop is still blinking, usually, the screen would just greet me and ask for my...
  10. Wake from Sleep - Laptop Reboots itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Wake from Sleep - Laptop Reboots itself: Hi Guys, Please help me a little, I think I'm losing my mind. I have an Asus Ultrabook, UX302L. It came with windows 8 from the factory, I upgraded it to windows 10, all nice and wonderful. About a month ago, I replaced my HDD with an Samsung 850 Evo SSD and I installed...