Windows 10: Laptop computer running slow. Help with freeing up space?

Discus and support Laptop computer running slow. Help with freeing up space? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. Thanks for reading this first of all. I've had my laptop for a few years now and have tried to keep it free of a lot of junk and bad stuff such as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LorriNicholson, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Laptop computer running slow. Help with freeing up space?

Hi. Thanks for reading this first of all. I've had my laptop for a few years now and have tried to keep it free of a lot of junk and bad stuff such as viruses. As far as I know, I'm virus free (I have security running at all times when my computer is on) and have deleted a lot of files and unused programs. I have optimized my drive and used defrag. There are some things I'm not sure if I should uninstall or delete. If anyone could help with this issue I have, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm not very computer savvy so I'm sorry if I have not given enough information. Any help would be great. Thank you again.

:)

LorriNicholson, Oct 14, 2019

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Laptop running extremely slow after fresh install of windows 10?

Hi Suzainura,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are experiencing slow PC performance in Windows 10. One possible cause could be insufficient storage space.

I suggest that you let your computer run on it best performance by following the steps below:

1. Go to Control Panel > System and Security > System.
    2. On the left pane, select Advanced system settings.
    3. Select the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under
      Performance.
    4. Select Adjust for better performance. Doing this will help free up more CPU resources.

You can use this article for reference on free up drive space in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Laptop computer running slow. Help with freeing up space?

Computer running slow

Hi Will,

I will be glad to help you with your slow computer.

What is the anti-virus program on the computer?

Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to perform a disc cleanup on the computer and check if it works. Please follow the below link to know how to free up space in Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12425/windows-10-free-up-drive-space

Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, we are happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Laptop computer running slow. Help with freeing up space?

1. Laptop computer running slow. Help with freeing up space? - Similar Threads - Laptop computer running

2. Cannot free up computer space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot free up computer space: I am trying to solve a computer problem for someone else who cannot free up used space and only has 30 MB available out of 30 GB. Cannot see what is taking up the 30 GB of space. I have deleted files, cookies, browsing history and some apps. The only remaining apps are...
  3. Cannot free up computer space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot free up computer space: I am trying to solve a computer problem for someone else who cannot free up used space and only has 30 MB available out of 30 GB. Cannot see what is taking up the 30 GB of space. I have deleted files, cookies, browsing history and some apps. The only remaining apps are...
  4. Cannot free up computer space

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Free up space in my laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Free up space in my laptop: Hi there,My computer space in C Drive is running very low space and I would like to free up some space for it. I have installed TreeSize Free to instantly see what is using the space in C Drive but I don't know what should I do further. Please see the attached screen capture...
  6. Free up space in my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free up space in my laptop: Hi there,My computer space in C Drive is running very low space and I would like to free up some space for it. I have installed TreeSize Free to instantly see what is using the space in C Drive but I don't know what should I do further. Please see the attached screen capture...
  7. Free up space in my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Help me to free up the space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help me to free up the space: I want free space in windows 10 it saying my drive is full don't know what to delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-to-free-up-the-space/e2aaab79-b3df-4670-b7ea-971556d9658d
  9. How to free up space on computer?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to free up space on computer?: Dell xps 15 9550. 250gb ssd samsung. Have about 30gb free of 232gb. i5-6300hq and 8gb ram Windows 10 pro I moved some music files from my c drive to my 32gb m.2 ssd that is in my laptop. It currently has 2 hard drives there. That and my main 250gb ssd samsung 2.5...
  10. How to free up space on computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to free up space on computer?: Dell xps 15 9550. 250gb ssd samsung. Have about 30gb free of 232gb. i5-6300hq and 8gb ram Windows 10 pro I moved some music files from my c drive to my 32gb m.2 ssd that is in my laptop. It currently has 2 hard drives there. That and my main 250gb ssd samsung 2.5...