Windows 10: Laptop confused about what drives are connected

Discus and support Laptop confused about what drives are connected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Winver Version 1903 (05 Build 18362.1139) I have a decade-old Toshiba laptop with optical drive, eSATAp, and express card. I replace the optical drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jona9, Nov 9, 2020.

1. jona9 Win User

Laptop confused about what drives are connected

Winver Version 1903 (05 Build 18362.1139)
    I have a decade-old Toshiba laptop with optical drive, eSATAp, and express card. I replace the optical drive with an HDD in a caddy and attach another 2.5" HDD to the eSATAp, and all three drives work fine. Then I shut down the laptop, disconnect one drive, turn the laptop back on, and "This PC" says all three drives are still there. If I try to access the disconnected drive I'm told the drive doesn't exist. Duh! I knew that.
    I access photos on my phone via USB cable. I see the image I want in file explorer, so I copy and paste onto my laptop. But when I look, it's not the image I saw on my phone in file explorer.
    Is this windows or my senile laptop?

:)

jona9, Nov 9, 2020

2. Unable To Connect Boase Headphones To ASUS Laptop.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the model number of the Bose headphone?
    2. How are you trying to connect the headphones to the laptop?
    3. What is the model number of your ASUS laptop?
    4. Are you using a wired or a wireless Bose headphone?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in Connecting To A Computer
    and try connecting your headphones to the laptop.

If you are still facing issues connecting the headphones to the laptop, I suggest you to elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and reply to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 9, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Jstn7477 Win User

Mitsubishi Intros A Pair of New DiamondCrysta Wide Series Monitors

Looks like they are IPS, but is it true that they are fully 120Hz compliant? I see they seem to list Dual Link DVI connections but I'm confused by the diagram that suggests the monitor internally generates the extra frames. *Confused Laptop confused about what drives are connected :confused:

Jstn7477, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop confused about what drives are connected - Similar Threads - Laptop confused drives

2. Confused about Explorer.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Confused about Explorer.exe: When I open Task manger and switch to system Process I saw explorer.exe. What does it mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/confused-about-explorerexe/ca36a691-3b45-4935-9033-bc50482b3ccf
  3. A little confused about drives.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A little confused about drives.: I recently got a new laptop. Something I noticed was that my new laptop has less drives than the drives on old laptop. Is it supposed to be like this? Why does my new laptop only has local disk C, while my old laptop has DVD drive E, Recovery D, local disk C and an F drive?...
  4. A little confused about drives.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A little confused about drives.: I recently got a new laptop. Something I noticed was that my new laptop has less drives than the drives on old laptop. Is it supposed to be like this? Why does my new laptop only has local disk C, while my old laptop has DVD drive E, Recovery D, local disk C and an F drive?...
  5. Laptop confused about what drives are connected

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop confused about what drives are connected: Winver Version 1903 (05 Build 18362.1139) I have a decade-old Toshiba laptop with optical drive, eSATAp, and express card. I replace the optical drive with an HDD in a caddy and attach another 2.5" HDD to the eSATAp, and all three drives work fine. Then I shut down the...
  6. Confused about Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Confused about Updates: Hi, I've spent a few hours this morning trying to update Windows then furiously back-peddle after reading horror stories online - throw in a Repairing Disc Errors screen... you get the idea. But I'm confused about what I should do now. Under Windows Update I have: Feature...
  7. Confused about One Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Confused about One Drive: I find in my Start / Programs list [the dates are from the respective Properties displays]: Microsoft One Drive (4/6/2016) Microsoft One Drive (1) (9/20/2015) Further down I see One Drive (11/14/2018), which apparently I have just installed by clicking on Microsoft One...
  8. Confused about antivirus on new laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Confused about antivirus on new laptop: Hi, I have just bought a Microsoft Surface Laptop. I am continually getting pop ups telling me I need to purchase Avast antivirus, but having done an internet search I have learnt that Microsoft Defender comes free of charge on Windows 10 and it is indeed on my machine and...
  9. Confused about Imaging

in Windows 10 Support
    Confused about Imaging: Ok so I have been making System Images with Windows 7 (and now Windows 10) for a long time now, onto a portable hard drive. I rename them afterwards to things like "HpJune2016cleaninstall" so I know which one is which. I just read somewhere that to restore an image it has to...
  10. Confused about OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Confused about OneDrive: First post, as a newcomer to Win 10 after 15 years with XP (and all previous Windows OS versions). On this page Files save to OneDrive by default in Windows 10 I'm reading an explanation of OneDrive: "While you can always choose where to save files that you create,...