Windows 10: Laptop connected to Internet, but not to Network

Discus and support Laptop connected to Internet, but not to Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've had ongoing connection problems with my very basic home network. Mostly, the laptop, while always connecting to the internet via the router,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Josephus Flavius, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Laptop connected to Internet, but not to Network

I've had ongoing connection problems with my very basic home network. Mostly, the laptop, while always connecting to the internet via the router, usually doesn't display the desktop in Windows Explorer / Network. Similarly, the desktop usually doesn't display the laptop under Network.

Under Windows Explorer / Network, both computers show the router and the printer which is connected to the router. And each also shows the following under Other Devices: ProductAgent for Windows Device Details -- Manufacturer: Bitdefender; Model: ProductAgent1.0

Home network consisting of the following:

1. Asus Router RT-AC86U all authorized network devices MAC-filtered.

2. Dell 8930 Desktop, wired-connected to the router via an Ethernet connection -- Network 2 Private Network; Access type: Internet; Connections: Ethernet. Windows 10 ver 1909 OS build 18363.815

3. Dell 9365 laptop, connected to the router via a Wi-Fi connection -- Network Name Private Network; Access type: Internet; Connections: Wi-Fi My Network Name. Windows 10 ver 1909 OS build 18363.815

4. Both computers have Bitdefender Total Security and the firewall rules allow access for all apps in both directions of each computer to the other. Bitdefender has been working flawlessly, with no conflicts.

5. File sharing is enabled in certain subdirectories of each computer.

6. Both computers are on the same uniquely-named Workgroup.

Hint: The desktop is connected to the internet and to the printer via the wired connection "Network 2" and the laptop is connected to the internet and to the printer via Wi-Fi connection "My Network Name": Might that be the reason why they don't see each other?

I would very much like to keep the desktop connected via wire to the router and, if possible, turn off it's Wi-Fi, which is now still on, and operate the laptop mostly wirelessly.

Would greatly appreciate your advice.

Thank you,

JF

:)

Josephus Flavius, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 5, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Laptop connected to Internet, but not to Network [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Laptop connected to Internet, but not to Network [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Laptop connected to Internet, but not to Network

Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Laptop connected to Internet, but not to Network

1. Laptop connected to Internet, but not to Network - Similar Threads - Laptop connected Internet

2. No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections: I continue to have this problem and nothing I’ve been able to find has helped. It worked once by resetting the computer to an earlier date, but it didn’t work this time. The wifi driver says it has an issue, but that the current driver is the most recent update. If anyone...
  3. No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections: I continue to have this problem and nothing I’ve been able to find has helped. It worked once by resetting the computer to an earlier date, but it didn’t work this time. The wifi driver says it has an issue, but that the current driver is the most recent update. If anyone...
  4. Internet/ network connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internet/ network connection: I have a problem with my network/internet dropping out when my laptop goes to sleep or when I shut it down. I have to uninstall the network card then have the system search for new hardware and reinstall....
  5. Connects to network but not to Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connects to network but not to Internet: I take my SW1-011 tablet/laptop with me whenever we travel, including visits to my Mum in law's every couple of months. I've never had any trouble getting it to connect to her Wi-FI in the past. Last week I had to re-installing Win10 because I couldn't get it to update to...
  6. network connected but no internet

network connected but no internet: Help. I connected my LAN cable to my laptop but it only shows network no internet[ATTACH] when i do ipconfig/all this is the result C:\Windows\system32>ipconfig/all Windows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : LAPTOP-QRF73OS5 Primary Dns...
  7. Network connection internet

Network connection internet: Hi, This iam asking after doing every possible stuff(unistall network adaptors, etc) to fix my windows 10 problem. The problem basically is - I CANNOT CONNECT TO INTERNET VIA ANY CONNECTION SETTINGS (LAN, WAN) If i try wifi, it gets off as soon as i turn it on. It is...
  8. no network connection but connected to internet

no network connection but connected to internet: Windows 10 Home Version 1803 I recently changed my ISP. Now I'm connected to the internet, but Microsoft apps/app store/updates and such say I'm not connected. I've searched the forums and tried every fix I can find. I've reset the network adapter and tried updating the...
  9. connected to network but there is no internet

connected to network but there is no internet: I had a few months this problem and can't do much I try possible solution but didn't work I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connected-to-network-but-there-is-no-internet/0d1c330b-e31d-48bc-a3d5-12639188f3f0
  10. Internet Networking Connection

Internet Networking Connection: I currently have a working Internet connection via ethernet. However, in "Settings>Network and Internet>Status" nothing is showing as connected. Under "Ethernet" it shows "no Internet". Additionally there is no longer the ability to set up a WiFi connection (there previously...