Windows 10: laptop connects with another computer and need disabling

Discus and support laptop connects with another computer and need disabling in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; idk how, but my laptop not only connects to another computer, but also shares options with it as well. say I changed my background picture, the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by daniel vo, Jan 12, 2019.

1. daniel vo Win User

laptop connects with another computer and need disabling

idk how, but my laptop not only connects to another computer, but also shares options with it as well. say I changed my background picture, the background picture will appear on another computer as well. the computer and the laptop act as two different devices though. I need help knowing how to stop this from happening

:)

daniel vo, Jan 12, 2019

2. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 12, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

laptop connects with another computer and need disabling [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

laptop connects with another computer and need disabling [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jan 12, 2019
  4. laptop connects with another computer and need disabling

connecting laptop to Office jet G55 printer

Hi Luisa,

To help you with your concern regarding the printer, let me suggest you to contact the manufacturer for the steps on how to connect your printer to your computer. Please follow the steps on how to contact the manufacturer:

• The name of the OEM + “contact information”
    • The name of the OEM + “PC support”

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

laptop connects with another computer and need disabling

1. laptop connects with another computer and need disabling - Similar Threads - laptop connects another

2. Bought another computer and need to change administrator and email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bought another computer and need to change administrator and email: I bought an HP with Windows 10 on it. I need to clean it so I can load me as an administrator and my email. When I try to go in it says I have tried to many times unsuccessfully. Frustrated....
  3. error connecting to another computer in task scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error connecting to another computer in task scheduler: In Task Scheduler, if I click on Action - Connect to another computer, I get the Select Computer dialog. I enter the computer name and after a moment, it shows as connected, like so:But note that the Library node is empty.Then I enabled the firewall rule on the remote...
  4. error connecting to another computer in task scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error connecting to another computer in task scheduler: In Task Scheduler, if I click on Action - Connect to another computer, I get the Select Computer dialog. I enter the computer name and after a moment, it shows as connected, like so:But note that the Library node is empty.Then I enabled the firewall rule on the remote...
  5. error connecting to another computer in task scheduler

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Connecting to another laptop at home

Connecting to another laptop at home: Hi Im trying to connect my laptop to my husbands laptop as we keep duplicating documents so would prefer to share. How do I do this? Thanks in advance...
  7. Need to share folders to another computer on another wifi network.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need to share folders to another computer on another wifi network.: Basically, I have two houses with two desktops, and a laptop that I take everywhere. I would like to be able to share a specific folder or two (not OneDrive, it will not work) with my two desktops, and if possible, to my laptop as well. If it helps, I always run Enterprise on...
  8. Wifi disabled after connecting via VPN to another computer

Wifi disabled after connecting via VPN to another computer: Hi I do IT work on the side and I am working on a client's HP laptop running Windows 10 Pro Version10. 0.18362, Build 18362. I am using Zywall SecuExtender 4.0.3 software to connect to the office via VPN. When using WiFi to connect to local network the VPN connection is...
  9. Connecting to another PC / laptop

Connecting to another PC / laptop: Why so difficult to connect to another nearby PC via WiFi? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-to-another-pc-laptop/c4f1c234-0fce-456c-89ba-37bbca68e8db
  10. remote desktop does not connect to another computer

remote desktop does not connect to another computer: remote desktop does not connect to another computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/remote-desktop-does-not-connect-to-another/9bed3e59-caa0-4c29-b8b1-bae790c7c318