Windows 10: laptop constantly crashing - bsods, freezing, flickering screen

Discus and support laptop constantly crashing - bsods, freezing, flickering screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, for the past 3 days my laptop (dell vostro) has been crashing constantly. appearantly mainly while web browsing (but not only), anytime between 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Netta Gal, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Netta Gal Win User

laptop constantly crashing - bsods, freezing, flickering screen

Hi,

for the past 3 days my laptop (dell vostro) has been crashing constantly. appearantly mainly while web browsing (but not only), anytime between 10 seconds and an hour. These crashes happen in a few formats - freezing; flickering screen +shutdown/restart; bsod with random messages (kmode exception not handled, system service exception, page fault in non paged area, maybe more that i missed).

I haven't installed any software recently, I've tried updating windows, disabling nvidia driver, checked for driver updates, cancelled fast boot, run hardware diagnostics.

please help!

:)

Netta Gal, Jan 27, 2019
  2. NetSurfer Win User

BSOD and freezing

Yesterday I started up my laptop from hibernating and it freezes, after restarting several times I get a BSOD which freezed on the BSOD one time.
    After restarting again the laptop freezed at the Welcome screen.
    I have had the freezing before, it was gone for about 2 months.
    I did not install any new hardware.
    Now it seems to run fine again.

But what is causing the freezing and the BSOD?
    I bought this laptop last January.

NetSurfer, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Flickering screen at startup, crashes, and BSOD after instaling new GPU

When i put in the my old GPU it works just fine, but with the new one the screen flickers with the monitor, but i installed older versions of the driver and sometimes when i boot the screen works fine and sometimes it flickers. But now im gonna test if the PC will BSOD or the display drivers will crash. And ill report to you later. And also without any drivers with the generic windows vga drivers the screen doesn't flicker, maby it's the a faulty motherboard or the pcie slot since all the display crashes were TDR related meaning the GPU didn't respond and the display drivers shut down and then recovered. And also does it have to do something with my PSU not having a -5v rail?

nootshack1312, Jan 27, 2019
  4. laptop constantly crashing - bsods, freezing, flickering screen

Flickering screen at startup, crashes, and BSOD after instaling new GPU

Here are some that are close to the BSOD crash time but i dont think they have to do anything with the BSOD.

nootshack1312, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

laptop constantly crashing - bsods, freezing, flickering screen

1. laptop constantly crashing - bsods, freezing, flickering screen - Similar Threads - laptop constantly crashing

2. Constant blue screen crashes or freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant blue screen crashes or freezes: I've been having constant crashes basically out of nowhere. I've installed no recent programs or drivers and the crashes can happen at any time, even when the PC is booting up, though that's rare now--at the outset, it happened enough that I wasn't sure if I'd be able to boot...
  3. Constant blue screen crashes or freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant blue screen crashes or freezes: I've been having constant crashes basically out of nowhere. I've installed no recent programs or drivers and the crashes can happen at any time, even when the PC is booting up, though that's rare now--at the outset, it happened enough that I wasn't sure if I'd be able to boot...
  4. Constant blue screen crashes or freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Constant BSODs and black screen freezing!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSODs and black screen freezing!: Getting sick and tired of the constant BSODs and black screen freezing, so I'm coming to the community to seek help! Recently I've been coming across not just BSODs, but my display turning off as if something's wrong with it and then freezing up so I can't try to fix it with...
  6. Constant BSODs and black screen freezing!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSODs and black screen freezing!: Getting sick and tired of the constant BSODs and black screen freezing, so I'm coming to the community to seek help! Recently I've been coming across not just BSODs, but my display turning off as if something's wrong with it and then freezing up so I can't try to fix it with...
  7. Constant BSODs and black screen freezing!

8. My screen is constantly flickering.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My screen is constantly flickering.: So It has been 2 weeks that my monitor is flickering everytime i start my pc. I tried many solutions like Rolling back my display drivers and that option was not available to my pc. After That I tried Safe mode, I booted into safe mode my screen starts flickering again. So I...
  9. Constant BSOD crashes and freezing.

Constant BSOD crashes and freezing.: Greetings, I've started having constant bluescreens and random freezing from about a few weeks ago. They are related to ntoskrnl.exe, and the bug check varies from time to time but it's generally limited to MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 1a, IRLQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0a,...
  10. Screen constantly flickers and game performance lags/freezes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen constantly flickers and game performance lags/freezes: Not sure if this is the right place to ask about this, but I recently updated yesterday to Windows 1909, and now my screen is constantly flickering black every so often, and my performance in games has gotten so bad where it lags during game play or just freezes, and I have...