Windows 10: Laptop constantly freezes

Discus and support Laptop constantly freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Last year I bought an ASUS VivoBook Max X541N. It'd make a strange sound when was on and after two weeks its hard disk had to be changed, but not sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sunnywoods_, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Laptop constantly freezes

Last year I bought an ASUS VivoBook Max X541N. It'd make a strange sound when was on and after two weeks its hard disk had to be changed, but not sure why. Before that, it'd freeze sometimes and when I tried to put it on sleep mode, it wouldn't stop and when I opened it, sometimes it'd not turn back on. Anyway, I got its hard disk changed and I thought everything was fine but it wasn't at all. It still makes strange sounds when I use it.

Now, the real problem is, that 3-4 months ago when I installed Oracle Database XE 11g and when I allowed it to run while using SQL Developer and Data Modeler from Services, it started to freeze. Then I had to stop it when I'm not using it because before that I'd leave it on just so I can use it whenever I want. When it wasn't running I think it was fine, but when it was running and I couldn't leave my laptop for 5 minutes and It'd freeze immediately. It was really annoying because sometimes it was freezing while doing my assignments. When the semester was over I uninstalled the program and it was okay for a while but then I had to install XAMPP on my laptop for my PHP classes and now I'm in the same situation but it didn't happen right away but about a month later. I really want to know what's wrong with my laptop.

Also, it's been over a year since windows was installed and sometimes I don't update it because of the problems October update has done to most of the devices.

I guess this is all for now and If you need more details I can provide.

I'll appreciate every advice from all of you.

Thank you!

:)

sunnywoods_, Mar 5, 2019

2. laptop freez

Hi,

You laptop freezing constantly after upgrading it to Windows 10 could be caused by some settings that are not configured properly. For us to better clarify the concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you receiving any error message when the laptop freezes?
    • Was there any specific action done or application that was opened before the laptop freezes?

We look forward to you response.

Jordan Dom, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Constantly Freezes

Windows 10 on PC constantly freezes. I called support with no help. It freezes every 2-3 minutes. This is unacceptable and I don't know what to do. The Windows rep suggest that I could go back to Windows 8. I've had 10 for almost two months and I would
    like to keep it; I just want it to stop freezing my PC. I have tried the various suggestions given to no avail, this is a Windows 10 problem. PLEASE HELP

ShakeelaMuhammad, Mar 5, 2019
  4. n-ster Win User

Laptop constantly freezes

n-ster, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Laptop constantly freezes

1. Laptop constantly freezes - Similar Threads - Laptop constantly freezes

2. Laptop constantly freezing after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop constantly freezing after startup: I got a medion crawler e30 laptop and a month after the purchase, when i instaled games and stuff it started constantly freezing with no obvious reason. It used to be that the freezes could dissapear after 30 minutes of using it and Ive tried to reinstall the windows and the...
  3. Laptop constantly freezing after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop constantly freezing after startup: I got a medion crawler e30 laptop and a month after the purchase, when i instaled games and stuff it started constantly freezing with no obvious reason. It used to be that the freezes could dissapear after 30 minutes of using it and Ive tried to reinstall the windows and the...
  4. Constantly freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constantly freezing: My desktop originally had Windows 8.1 installed, and ran flawlessly. After upgrading to Windows 10, it had constant freeze issues. It was so bad that I quit using it. I currently need it again, so I'm trying to get it working. I purchased a new Samsung SSD drive and did a...
  5. taskbar constantly freezing, requiring laptop to restart to fix it, happens constantly

taskbar constantly freezing, requiring laptop to restart to fix it, happens constantly: hey there. recently my laptop, which runs windows 10, has been having a problem where after 10-30 mins of restarting it, my laptops taskbar will freeze. ive tried EVERYTHING but pressing ctrl + shift + esc doesnt do anything, and usually the mouse and everything else will...
  6. constant freezing

constant freezing: freezes when trying to save a file freezes when transfering from one file to another freezes while trying to save to PDF I understand MS has a solution to this in the Insider Program. What about us? rand scan now , no integrity issues antivirus says nothing latest...
  7. Laptop freezes constantly and loses internet connection?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop freezes constantly and loses internet connection?: My laptop has been freezing for some time (for a really long time), and then it can't be operated anymore, and when a video is playing it makes a whirring noise. I then have to shut it down by holding down the on/off button for 15 seconds. But as if that wasn't enough, he has...
  8. Windows10 2004 update CONSTANTLY freezing laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 2004 update CONSTANTLY freezing laptop: I have a basic Lenovo laptop that I use for web browsing only. I have windows updates blocked at the router level since there is no way to turn them off with the "home edition" of windows because I don't want or ever need any updates. I was running 1909 and decided to...
  9. Constant freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constant freezing: My PC freezes constantly, every 2 - 3 seconds. It only lasts half a second, but it happens so often it is almost impossible to use. This also causes the audio to cut out and glitch very frequently, and as a music producer this is extremely frustrating. Any help is much...
  10. Freezing constantly

Freezing constantly: First the PC started to freeze after leaving the PC idle for 2-3min, sometimes a bit longer (been happening since around two months ago). The screen/audio would freeze if I didn't constantly use the mouse or keyboard, turning it off normally didn't work either so I had to...