Windows 10: Laptop continues reboots

Discus and support Laptop continues reboots in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; We are wanting to sell my sons laptop so we did a factory reset. We thought it was doing the reset but now the same process repeats: 1. "Acer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by winchesterstoke, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Laptop continues reboots

We are wanting to sell my sons laptop so we did a factory reset. We thought it was doing the reset but now the same process repeats:

1. "Acer explore beyond limits" for ~1 min.
    2. The screen is on but no words for ~1 min.
    3. The screen is off.
    4. Back to reboots.

Repeat.

:-(

Any ideas/help please?

It's a Acer Aspire One Cloudbook AO-131-C732

Cheers

:)

winchesterstoke, Mar 10, 2017
  2. LindaRah Win User

Continuous Rebooting

My new computer did not come with a word processing program. I had been using Office 2013 on my old computer. I am in temporary living conditions and my disks are in storage. I did find the product key for Office 2010. I called Microsoft and they installed
    the program. It did not work and gave an error message about using a 32 bit program and a 64 bit. I called MS back and a rep was working on issue trying to remove the program so it could be reinstalled. This was done over a couple of days. The tech had been
    making changes to my computer when the continuous rebooting started. Any help would be appreciated as MS is "researching the issue" since Wednesday and has had no one available to work on issue they caused.

LindaRah, Mar 10, 2017
  3. LindaRah Win User
    Continuous Rebooting

compuer keeps rebooting every few minutes after MS rep tried to fix download issue. Spent 4.5 hours on phone with 10 reps and 3 hangups, 2 disconnects and no call backs. Told unable to escalate call, will have tech 2 call on Friday

LindaRah, Mar 10, 2017
  4. Laptop continues reboots

Hi winchesterstoke

I assume you tried to enter enter vendor's recovery partition when its starting to boot. I can't find that device on any Acer site, either US or GB. Wanted to see what F key invokes or how to enter through alternate means.

One option, as there is no data on device I would just do a clean install following the Clean Install tutorial. You will need another Win 10 machine to create USB Media key (4GB).

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...n-install.html

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 11, 2017
  5. winchesterstoke,

Have you tried pressing Alt and F10 on boot to access recovery if the computer can't boot into Windows?

Also, try shutting down the computer pressing the Power button. You may have to press it for 15-20 seconds until it eventually shuts down.

Now, press the Power button to turn on the PC, and, just as Windows starts to load (round dots rotating), press and hold the power button down until it turns off.

Repeat the same actions two more times, and, on the third try, instead of the round dots, the PC should show 'Please wait...' and then boots into Recovery mode.

At this screen, press the following button: See Advanced Repair Options

cottonball, Mar 11, 2017
  6. Many thanks! We really appreciate the help!

I am starting to go through your advice (I had a stroke last year so I am very slow at the moment), so my wife will help on the problems. Hopefully I'll get a response to you shortly. Cheers!

winchesterstoke, Mar 12, 2017
  7. Many thanks for your help, but unfortunately no luck yet :-(. Apologies for the responses– as I hopefully mentioned as I’m now very slow!
    CaledonKen
    We tried the vendor but they wanted ~£70 to try to fix which we refused. They have suggested ideas but none helped.
    I’ve managed to work out the laptop:Acer Aspire One AO1-131-C726 Notebook (Blue/White): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories. Hope this helps? Thanks!
    I would be really happy to do the re-install, but I’m struggling for the Windows 10software license (as Windows won’t boot). I’m not certain if the attached picture if the Windows 10 license? I suspect my best hope is if the windows license is on the picture?
    cottonball
    Thanks for the ideas!
    I tried Alt & F10 as you suggested: which helps a bit. I get the Windows option“Troubleshoot” option. We then get “Reset” or “Advanced”.
    “Reset” would be the ideal! I select “Remove everything” , then either “Just remove my files” or “Clear the drive fully” (which I select). “Reset” then confirmed.
    After about ~1 hour (which looks it should be working with the “acer” name followedby “Resetting this PC XX%”), the message says “Reset this PC.There is a problem which resetting your PC”…
    So this does it again – i.e.:
    1. "Acer explore beyond limits" for ~1 min.
    2. The screen is on but no words for ~1 min.
    3. The screen is off.
    4. Back to reboots.
    Repeat.
    Ahhhhh! :-(

I also tried your suggestion
    “ try shutting down the computer pressing the Power button. You may have to press it for 15-20 seconds until it eventually shuts down.
    Now, press the Power button to turn on the PC, and, just as Windows startsto load (round dots rotating), press and hold the power button down until it turns off.”
    I’ve tried the steps, I can’t get Windows to start at all?
    Any ideas would be really appreciated.
    (Sorry if the words in this response aren’t that quite right, I’m slowly re-learningafter my stroke).

Laptop continues reboots [​IMG]

winchesterstoke, Mar 22, 2017
  8. Laptop continues reboots

winchesterstoke,

No apology necessary, we are in the same boat. Best thing to do is to keep on going. Doing one significant thing a day does wonders, and keeps you smiling.

Do not wory about the Product Key, which is a set of 25 alpha-numeric code in five sets of five. What you are showing appears to be it (normally preceded by Product Key: XXXXX-..., and it is not??), but, if it is not, or it does not work, then you can click/tap on: I don't have a product key

Press on and try the clean install, as suggested by CaledonKen:

Clean Install Windows 10

Ask whatever questions you have before you start. However, looking at the pictures helps. *Smile

There are experts around here that can help you with whatever issues you have questions about.

cottonball, Mar 22, 2017
  9. Agree with Cottonball.

When it comes to product don't even try to enter one. Just click I don't have. MS has fingerprinted your machine. It had windows 10 and it gets to keep Windows 10.

When you do the clean install you do have to use the same version and bitiness. So if it was Home don't try installing Pro.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 22, 2017
  10. Here is another resource with additional explanations:

How to do a Clean Install of Windows 10, the Easy Way

cottonball, Mar 22, 2017
  11. From looking at the specs, it has Windows 10 Home, the 64-bit Edition

cottonball, Mar 22, 2017
  12. Thank you! I really appreciate my help!

Hopefully I'm nearly there but another (silly :-( ) question:

I have thought about doing the reinstall of Windows 10 but I always use to think that when doing a Windows install asked you for the Product Key? So if I don't have the product key then Microsoft won't be installed? Am I missing something?

Again, thank you for your patience again. Cheers!

winchesterstoke, Mar 24, 2017
  13. Laptop continues reboots

You could install without license but it wouldn't activate.

If you had 10, which you did, your machine was "fingerprinted". MS servers will interrogate your machine when you go online and assuming no major changes it will activate. If there are major changes you handle through a different process.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 24, 2017
  14. Thank you. Trying to do the install (but it will take a while).

Many thanks!

winchesterstoke, Mar 26, 2017
  15. Ahhh!

I'm trying to create the bootable USB for 32 bit (as I think it was 32 bit), and it's failed twice now on error 0x1800130 - 0x90002 with "There was a problem running this too"? Any ideas please?

Thanks again for your kind help and my patience!

winchesterstoke, Mar 27, 2017
Thema:

Laptop continues reboots

1. Laptop continues reboots - Similar Threads - Laptop continues reboots

2. Restarting on laptop continual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restarting on laptop continual: I have recently 1 week had Windows 10 installed on laptop, today continual restarting appears. I have shut down but then white button continues to flash. I have looked at other comments but none of the actions mentioned work. I cannot type anything. The laptop has been closed...
  3. Microsoft 10 Continuous Reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft 10 Continuous Reboot: Hello, I am having a problem with my Msi PC upon boot up. What I believe to be the problem is the usb drives are causing the pc to enter a continuous reboot cycle upon startup. It will get to the unlock screen. Flash about 3 times on and off from lock screen and black...
  4. Continuous reboots

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Continuous reboots: I have a Lenovo Yoga 3rd generation and until the last 2 Windows 10 updates, it worked fine. Since the last 2 updates I am experiencing multiple Blue Screens several times daily and it is quite frustrating. There is no rhyme or reason for it to happen as it occurs at random...
  5. Windows continually reboots

Windows continually reboots: Good day My P.C. wasn't used for a couple of days about 2 weeks ago due to the Covid 19 Lockdown. When I tried to resume work the P.C. kept on giving me the following message "Your P.C. ran into a problem and needs to restart. We are just collecting some error information...
  6. Bitlocker troubleshooting: continuous reboot loop

Bitlocker troubleshooting: continuous reboot loop: Tired to resolver using this - https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/18671.bitlocker-troubleshooting-continuous-reboot-loop-with-bitlocker-recovery-on-a-slate-device.aspx This didn't help. How do i resolve this issue? [IMG]...
  7. Update causing continuous reboot loop

Update causing continuous reboot loop: After installing the latest 10 update (which seemed huge and extra slow to dl) my PC is stuck continuously rebooting before desktop is reached. And before you ask again, No it doesn't reach desktop status & also No I shouldn't need/have to download windows from another...
  8. Stuck in a continuous loop of rebooting the computer

Stuck in a continuous loop of rebooting the computer: I have been trying to reboot my computer. Ive gotten to the 100% completion of the restarting of windows, but it now continues to power off, power back on, load, flash same picture, and repeat again. It has been doing this for the past 24 hours. How do i fix this?...
  9. OS continually rebooting while sleeping

in Windows 10 Support
    OS continually rebooting while sleeping: The PC has been running great for a year or two. In the past week or two I started having problems with the PC rebooting while it was in sleep mode. This loses my work and is just a PITA. It seemed to be having an issue with updating OneDrive though it didn't say what the...
  10. Asus with Win10 continues reboots

in Windows 10 Support
    Asus with Win10 continues reboots: Hallo: I've an Asus with Windows 10. The other day powered off (low battery) when it was starting windows Now, when I try to start window, is says that it will try to restore a previous windows session and reboots. The process repeats once and again. No F8 options, so...