Windows 10: Laptop CPU processor stuck at 22%

Discus and support Laptop CPU processor stuck at 22% in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Unsure if it's a hardware issue or software issue. Laptop - Dell Inspiron 5558 Running Windows 1809 Laptop battery new. Says 92% but not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Joe Schmitz_399, May 20, 2019.

1. Laptop CPU processor stuck at 22%

Unsure if it's a hardware issue or software issue.

Laptop - Dell Inspiron 5558

Running Windows 1809

Laptop battery new. Says 92% but not charging.

A/C adapter is not Dell but an off brand.

I've even set the power mode to high performance, as well as turning off battery saver mode.

Any suggestions?

:)

Joe Schmitz_399, May 20, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

CPU / CPU Processor problems / Processor affinity

We appreciate the information you provided. Your processor is working as expected. CPU affinity is only showing CPU (0) since 1 processor is working at the moment. It's very likely that your computer is using a balanced power plan, so we suggest changing
    your power plan to High Performance by following these steps:

• Right-click Start.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Choose High Performance.

In addition to that, we recommend installing the latest updates to keep your system current and secure. Go to
    Start > Settings > Update & Security > Check for updates.

Some programs may also be automatically launching whenever you boot your computer, affecting the performance. To disable them, follow these steps:

• Right-click your taskbar.
    • Click Task Manager.
    • Under the Startup tab, find the programs that you don't need.
    • Right-click the program and choose Disable.

You're also using your computer for a game that was designed to run on an earlier version of Windows, so it's possible that it's slowing down your computer. In this case, use the Compatibility Troubleshooter to find and fix problems with the program using
    these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting and press Enter.
    • Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.
    • Click Next.
    • Choose the program from the list and click Next.

Let us know if you need further assistance with your computer.

Yolvi Ell, May 20, 2019
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, May 20, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Laptop CPU processor stuck at 22%

CPU / CPU Processor problems / Processor affinity

Hi,

It's possible that some of your computer's processors have been disabled, causing this slow performance. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Just to confirm, how many processors are on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type System Information, and press Enter. The processor value depends on your computer, and will show something like Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3192 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s).
    • Do other programs also show CPU 0 for Processor Affinity?
    • What other applications use up the CPU in Task Manager? Please post a screenshot.
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.

Yolvi Ell, May 20, 2019
Thema:

Laptop CPU processor stuck at 22%

1. Laptop CPU processor stuck at 22% - Similar Threads - Laptop CPU processor

2. CPU is AMD but getting Error: Processor is not an intel genuine processor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU is AMD but getting Error: Processor is not an intel genuine processor: Hi allMy PC has worked flawlessly until now, on reboot, displays the message "Error: this processor is not an Intel genuine processor" and then shuts down. My spec :CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3d,GPU - RTX4090MOBO - MAG X570s TomahawkWindows 10 Any help is much appreciated I'm...
  3. CPU is AMD but getting Error: Processor is not an intel genuine processor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU is AMD but getting Error: Processor is not an intel genuine processor: Hi allMy PC has worked flawlessly until now, on reboot, displays the message "Error: this processor is not an Intel genuine processor" and then shuts down. My spec :CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3d,GPU - RTX4090MOBO - MAG X570s TomahawkWindows 10 Any help is much appreciated I'm...
  4. CPU is AMD but getting Error: Processor is not an intel genuine processor

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Incompatible Processor CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incompatible Processor CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.60 GHzThat is my CPU that is incompatible for Windows 1, eventhough the PPC is very recently assembled. Is there any work around?...
  6. Incompatible Processor CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incompatible Processor CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.60 GHzThat is my CPU that is incompatible for Windows 1, eventhough the PPC is very recently assembled. Is there any work around?...
  7. CPU Maximum frequency stuck at 22%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU Maximum frequency stuck at 22%: I've noticed my Dell Inspiron 5570's CPU usage in task manager has been stuck at a very low number, around 10 - 20% recently and as a result is slower than usual to the point where even simple applications such as Youtube take minutes to load if they manage to. I found the...
  8. CPU processor stuck at 22% usage but Battery/Adapter does not have any issue

CPU processor stuck at 22% usage but Battery/Adapter does not have any issue: Hi, Lately, I have been facing this issue that my processor does not run at its usual speed. It works totally fine for a few moments after I wake it from sleep but after 1-2 minutes, the processor cannot clock above 0.48 GHz while the base speed is 2.2 GHz. This makes my...
  9. Laptop CPU stuck at 0.40 GHz

Laptop CPU stuck at 0.40 GHz: Hi! I have a truly frustrating issue with my laptop - HP Envy x360 13”. No matter whether the laptop is plugged in or not, set to performance or battery saver mode, the CPU sticks to 0.40GHz. If I wake it up from sleeping, it’ll perform normally with a high CPU speed for...
  10. CPU Usage limited to 22%?

CPU Usage limited to 22%?: So when I use my computer and I do heavy tasks like video editing, my CPU hits 100% usage and gets respectable temps of around 60-75C while rendering (this is Balanced Performance Mode, by the way). However, the moment I plug in my laptop, my CPU usage in Task Manager will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. processor stuck at 22%

2. processor stuck 22%

3. cpu stuck at 22%

4. windows 10 stuck at 22% cpu,
  5. cpu lock at 22%