Windows 10: Laptop crash completely

Discus and support Laptop crash completely in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As the topic said, Im facing a weird problem where whenever an app that is in fullscreen mode, and i try to switch app (alt tab), my laptop went not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aquoter, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Aquoter Win User

Laptop crash completely

As the topic said, Im facing a weird problem where whenever an app that is in fullscreen mode, and i try to switch app (alt tab), my laptop went not responding and crashed completely, i asked my friends if im online in steam and apparently im not online which means eveything is turned off. I dont really know what is happening here, but i already udpated my windows 10, i didn't faced problem like this before this month. I really appreciate your helps cause it is very troublesome although i know i can just change to fullscreen windowed to solve the problem but fullscreen mode provide higher framerates. All i can do is force turn my laptop off whenever it happens.

:)

Aquoter, Mar 10, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Laptop crash completely :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 10, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Laptop crash completely

Random laptop crashes in games.

thats alright bro, If it does turn out to be an overheating issue, I'll let you take all the credit for suggesting it

FreedomEclipse, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Laptop crash completely

1. Laptop crash completely - Similar Threads - Laptop crash completely

2. Computer completely crashed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer completely crashed: Hi, my computer is running on windows 11 and for some reason my computer has completely stopped working.When turning my computer on since Saturday the 12th, the display screened that my user profile was lost and when finally being able to log in, i have lost everything on the...
  3. Computer completely crashed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer completely crashed: Hi, my computer is running on windows 11 and for some reason my computer has completely stopped working.When turning my computer on since Saturday the 12th, the display screened that my user profile was lost and when finally being able to log in, i have lost everything on the...
  4. PC Keeps Completely Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Keeps Completely Crashing: This problem has very regularly occurred over the last few days. I'm using my PC as per usual, usually with only my browser open and suddenly my taskbar becomes completely unresponsive. I can't press windows with my mouse or keyboard, CTRL ALT DEL doesn't work, I can't open...
  5. Screen freeze into complete crash

Screen freeze into complete crash: Hi, I'm not very well-versed with identifying system issues on Windows. I have recently started having days when my system will freeze completely mouse, display, input, etc. though I can often still hear audio playing in the background. Sometimes the freeze will cause a...
  6. Laptop completely unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop completely unresponsive: 2 days ago I decided to run a disk defrag, which took a long time and during and after the disk defrag my laptop was constantly freezing, I decided to system restore to a previous point and my laptop worked for a day but now it has started freezing again, I ran sfc which...
  7. hanging or crashing apps not completed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hanging or crashing apps not completed: as it says https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hanging-or-crashing-apps-not-completed/ab339a7b-a947-4076-9c5e-cad8f43fe4a6"
  8. Complete Format Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Complete Format Laptop: I have loaded windows fresh yesterday with the help of MS Technical support but still user id and password is being asked. How to completely format it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/complete-format-laptop/874d451d-4c06-4304-8cb9-568686c94205
  9. Windows 10 update completely crashed my Acer Aspire laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update completely crashed my Acer Aspire laptop: I managed to avoid the update as last time it crashed my laptop and it had to restore itself to previous version. But got to point where I couldnt delay it any longer. Again it crashed my laptop, got stuck at 7%, turned laptop off and on again and now just gets stuck on...
  10. Computer crashed completely

Computer crashed completely: I have an Asus PC from 2013 in which I was running Windows 7. When I updated my computer to Windows 10, everything seemed fine until the update was completed. Now my PC does not WORK! I can turn it on, but the mouse won't show/work, it's like it doesn't exist. That prevents...