Windows 10: Laptop crashed but Window license can be found, how can I use that license in another new...

Discus and support Laptop crashed but Window license can be found, how can I use that license in another new... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Dear support,I have a window10 license from store it is not OEM license brought 3 years ago and it was working in my laptop.Unfortunately, my laptop HD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KelvinKwok, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Laptop crashed but Window license can be found, how can I use that license in another new...

Dear support,I have a window10 license from store it is not OEM license brought 3 years ago and it was working in my laptop.Unfortunately, my laptop HD crashed and I couldn't recall any license key. I would like to ask, if I can locate the license key can I install that Window10 into another computer?If so, it is worth for me to find that in my old stuff.RegardsKelvin

:)

KelvinKwok, Jul 16, 2021

2. Windows 7 license question

Hi. Is it possible to take a Windows 7 Pro license that's currently installed on a Dell laptop and move that to a Dell desktop and take the Windows 7 Home license from the Dell desktop and install that on the laptop? I would just be switching the licenses from one to another. I get conflicting answers. The desktop would have a new hard drive installed on it and more RAM. I would be doing a fresh install on BOTH machines using a legitimate bloat free Windows disk. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Jul 16, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jul 16, 2021
  4. psyko12 Win User

Laptop crashed but Window license can be found, how can I use that license in another new...

Windows licensing - confusion

Alright thanks for the links and information, might hit up those partner/retailer places and inquire about it. Thank you for clearing things =] *Big Grin Laptop crashed but Window license can be found, how can I use that license in another new... :D *Respect :respect:

psyko12, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

Laptop crashed but Window license can be found, how can I use that license in another new...

1. Laptop crashed but Window license can be found, how can I use that license in another new... - Similar Threads - Laptop crashed Window

2. Can I use SSD with OEM license of windows in new pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use SSD with OEM license of windows in new pc?: I have a laptop with an OEM license of windows and I plan on getting a new pc soon. I understand that OEM licenses are not transferable between pcs but if I take the SSD with that copy of windows and install it into the new pc will I be able to boot into windows on that SSD...
  3. Can I use SSD with OEM license of windows in new pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use SSD with OEM license of windows in new pc?: I have a laptop with an OEM license of windows and I plan on getting a new pc soon. I understand that OEM licenses are not transferable between pcs but if I take the SSD with that copy of windows and install it into the new pc will I be able to boot into windows on that SSD...
  4. Can I transfer Windows license to another PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I transfer Windows license to another PC?: So this is convoluted case. Back in 2013 I assembled PC and bought Windows 8 (or 8.1) BOX version. Then some time after I upgraded it to Windows 10. From that point I did clean installation of Windows 10 from USB couple times and it just activates itself, maybe it remembers...
  5. Can I move the window license to another device?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I move the window license to another device?: So my desktop just died, I think it's the motherboard. I wonder if I can use the same license if I got another motherboard? And what if I bought a new laptop or desktop? Does it have time limit cause I just activate it quite recently, and I don't have the money to get a new...
  6. Can I transfer a license to another account?

Can I transfer a license to another account?: A couple years ago I purchased a notebook and paired its license with an old microsoft account of mine, which later had some issues and I decided to make a new one. However, now with all the ecosystem stuff, I want to change the license key to my new account. I've seen that...
  7. Can one company use another company's license?

Can one company use another company's license?: We have a situation where we contract PT and Special Ed staff from an outsourced company. In the past we deny their users who have their company owned laptops access to our network resources. So they cannot print or access our web based services. Sometimes we issue laptops to...
  8. How can I transfer license to another PC?

How can I transfer license to another PC?: I have a digital license on my laptop running Windows 10. I want to purchase a new laptop and transfer the license to this new machine. Can I do this?...
  9. Can I transfer my Windows 10 License to another laptop?

Can I transfer my Windows 10 License to another laptop?: Hi! I know that there are plenty of questions like this on the web, but some answers are contradictory so I'd like to have an answer which will be applicable to my specific situation. Some time ago I bought a laptop without operating system and then I acquired "Windows 7...
  10. Can a business use an OLP Windows license of another company?

Can a business use an OLP Windows license of another company?: Hi All. Question is as above. There are many ads on ebay offering OLP licenses at a fraction of original prices. Just wondering if obtaining such licenses is legally allowed....