Windows 10: Laptop crashes after having upgraded to window 10. Pls help.

Discus and support Laptop crashes after having upgraded to window 10. Pls help. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Darejk [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Darejk, Dec 10, 2019.

1. /u/Darejk Win User

Laptop crashes after having upgraded to window 10. Pls help.

/u/Darejk, Dec 10, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Laptop crashes after having upgraded to window 10. Pls help.

Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Laptop crashes after having upgraded to window 10. Pls help.

1. Laptop crashes after having upgraded to window 10. Pls help. - Similar Threads - Laptop crashes having

2. Laptop not working after latest windows update pls help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not working after latest windows update pls help: Yesterday I updated my windows 10 laptop and today's it's showing pxe rom no boot device found I got into bios and saw that boot sequence was changed into legacy I changed it into uefi and secure boot then it showed that your hardisk is not working...
  3. Laptop not working after latest windows update pls help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not working after latest windows update pls help: Yesterday I updated my windows 10 laptop and today's it's showing pxe rom no boot device found I got into bios and saw that boot sequence was changed into legacy I changed it into uefi and secure boot then it showed that your hardisk is not working...
  4. Laptop not working after latest windows update pls help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. PC crashes unexpectedly, pls help :

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashes unexpectedly, pls help :: Problem: Windows stopped workingDescription: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000124 0x0000000000000010, 0xffffcf8cde3a1028, 0xffffcf8ba7ee8aac, 0xffffcf8ba7f101a0. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  6. Pls help(windows 10)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pls help(windows 10): [ATTACH] A part of my wallpaper appears on every tab! pls help! refer to the image- see on the top right i wanna remove that! submitted by /u/InnerEagle44313 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jc2smt/pls_helpwindows_10/
  7. Myy laptop with windows 10 doesn't open. Pls help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Myy laptop with windows 10 doesn't open. Pls help: Hey my laptop with windows 10 doesn't open. It needs to be with the charger every time. It appears that it is charging but it doesn't open. Pls helpppp!!! submitted by /u/minecraft_weeb [link] [comments]...
  8. windows 10 Crashed not able to reset or restore pls help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 Crashed not able to reset or restore pls help: after update my windows pc not able bookable also tried reset but not successful.tied so many times but giving same window [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. mobiles and laptops being hacked pls pls help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    mobiles and laptops being hacked pls pls help: I am receiving hundreds of premium sms messages everyday and my laptop and emails are hacked too. ive lost custody of child because of this. it has happened for yrs now especially when I have family court appearances...
  10. I am stuck in the Windows 10 upgrade page and cannot upgrade!!?? Pls help!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am stuck in the Windows 10 upgrade page and cannot upgrade!!?? Pls help!!!: I was upgrading to Windows 10 and I clicked on upgrade this PC. When I clicked, It said that I could not upgrade with installation media. Pls help!! I am also stuck in the Windows 10 upgrade page and cannot use my computer at all. Ps my computer was originally Windows 8...