Windows 10: Laptop crashes games when launching them while plugged into external monitor...

Discus and support Laptop crashes games when launching them while plugged into external monitor... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, Over the last few days, my Razer Blade 15 (1070, 500gb ie 2018 edition) has been crashing when starting games (anything from R6S to rimworld)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Vulkasinn, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Laptop crashes games when launching them while plugged into external monitor...

Hello,

Over the last few days, my Razer Blade 15 (1070, 500gb ie 2018 edition) has been crashing when starting games (anything from R6S to rimworld) while it is attached to an external display. I have no idea what is causing this issue, it's attached to an Alienware AW3418DW I purchased about two months back, connected by mini display port. Heres what I've trouble shooted thus far:

- Reinstalled all games

- Reinstalled all game launchers

- Reinstalled Synapse and Supporting Features

- Updated Drivers

- Did a factory reset, reinstalled everything, and tried it all again - games still crash upon startup

This morning, I did some further testing on my now reset machine. When the laptop is plugged into an external display, it immediately crashes after the game (still any game, tried R6S, Kenshi, and more) is launched. However, if I unplug the laptop from the display, then start the game, it starts. Then if I plug in my external display, the game doesn’t crash. However, what I realized is whatever game I play refuses to use/recognize my GTX 1070, it launches and tried to play the game using integrated graphics. I found this by looking at my graphics settings in R6S.

Next I tried to manually change what graphics card the game uses. I am unable to figure out a way how to as when I did a clean wipe of windows nvidea control panel was uninstalled and now I cannot figure out a way to reinstall it. In my device control center through windows, under “Display Adapters” my gpu does show up.

Has anyone had this issue before? Any recommendations?

Thank you.

submitted by /u/Vulkasinn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Vulkasinn, Nov 6, 2019
  2. Difeas Win User

Can't boot laptop without external monitor plugged in

Hi all!

A few days ago i was gaming on my laptop like any day and i installed a program. It told me to restart and so i did. To my horror the PC did not boot, the hdd led was black and the screen was black. I tried plugging in to an external monitor and it booted
    just fine. So the next day i tried booting it again without plugging it in to an external monitor. Didn't work.

The only way is to have it plugged into a screen to boot it. I've tried reverting my nvidia drivers several versions and uninstalled the program.

What do i do?

Difeas, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the laptop is unable to recognize only the external monitor or other external devices also.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Laptop crashes games when launching them while plugged into external monitor...

External monitor for laptop

I am trying to connect my laptop to an external monitor, which I have plugged in via USBs, but the display still only shows up on the laptop itself. How can I get the display to be viewed on the external monitor?

TimWilson2, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Laptop crashes games when launching them while plugged into external monitor...

1. Laptop crashes games when launching them while plugged into external monitor... - Similar Threads - Laptop crashes games

2. Lenovo laptop BSOD when playing games while plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo laptop BSOD when playing games while plugged in: My laptop goes BSOD when I play games while it is plugged in. I open a game while plugged in and then it crashes, fans go really loud and the goes to blue screen saying video dxgkrnl fatal error. I tried playing without plugging it in and it runs well the fps is not that...
  3. Lenovo laptop BSOD when playing games while plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo laptop BSOD when playing games while plugged in: My laptop goes BSOD when I play games while it is plugged in. I open a game while plugged in and then it crashes, fans go really loud and the goes to blue screen saying video dxgkrnl fatal error. I tried playing without plugging it in and it runs well the fps is not that...
  4. Crashes when launching games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashes when launching games: My computer has had a bad case of reliability since I got it with crashes happening commonly, I have tried many things to fix the issue hoping it is not a hardware issue. I have reinstalled windows and tried to tweak with the BIOS, the most effective fix I have had so far was...
  5. Crashes when launching games

Crashes when launching games: My computer has had a bad case of reliability since I got it with crashes happening commonly, I have tried many things to fix the issue hoping it is not a hardware issue. I have reinstalled windows and tried to tweak with the BIOS, the most effective fix I have had so far was...
  6. Laptop crashes when gaming while plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashes when gaming while plugged in: Hello, I am having a problem with my laptop where it will crash with a black screen after about 15 minutes of playing games like Valorant, Overwatch, CSGO it's not like my laptop cant run these games as it meets the recommended requirements there is no warning of the crash,...
  7. Laptop crashes when gaming while plugged in

Laptop crashes when gaming while plugged in: Hello, I am having a problem with my laptop where it will crash with a black screen after about 15 minutes of playing games like Valorant, Overwatch, CSGO it's not like my laptop cant run these games as it meets the recommended requirements there is no warning of the crash,...
  8. Laptop brightness stuck at 100% when plugging in an external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop brightness stuck at 100% when plugging in an external monitor: Laptop: ASUS - ROG Zephyrus G14 Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.264 Issue: When I connect an external monitor to my laptop using an HDMI cable, the laptop's screen's brightness is automatically set to the maximum. Adjusting the brightness with the...
  9. Computer crashed when launching game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashed when launching game: Hey microsoft im contacing you because of a recent issue on my computer. So i was launching Tom clancys rainbow six siege the high quality version and my computer blue screened with no error code what do i do?...
  10. laptop lags while playing games when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop lags while playing games when plugged in: i have noticed that the laptop lags while playing games when plugged in. But when I play the same games on battery, they run just fine. How do I stop this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games/970658d6-be8f-47a8-b84f-39e46e62835f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop crashes when playing game on external monitor