Windows 10: Laptop crashes in sleep mode

Discus and support Laptop crashes in sleep mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Computer info:OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. System Model... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AleksST11, May 5, 2021.

1. AleksST11 Win User

Laptop crashes in sleep mode

Computer info:OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. System Model VivoBook_ASUSLaptop X421FQY_K413FQ Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 2304 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. X421FQY.304, 4/1/2021 SMBIOS Version 3.2 Embedded Controller Version 255.255 BIOS Mode UEFIMy computer keeps crashing in sleep mode. When I close the lid and leave the computer for more than 15 minutes, I find that it has restarted and closed down all programs. Event Viewer logs the followi

:)

AleksST11, May 5, 2021
  2. Chadi Win User

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Laptop crashes in sleep mode [​IMG]

Chadi, May 5, 2021
  3. smt1 Win User
    Laptop crashing and shutting down when put in sleep mode

Hi,

I'm having a crashing issue with a Toshiba Satellite S855-S5165 laptop. When the computer is put in sleep mode, the screen blacks out and the laptop freezes for ~ 5 minutes. After five minutes the laptop will crash and shutdown, generating a dump file. This happens both on battery and when plugged in. A cursory glance at the dump file indicates that it's a driver problem, but I'm not sure which driver is the culprit.

The laptop originally shipped with Windows 8. It was upgraded to Windows 10 during the free upgrade period. Toshiba's support site doesn't list any Windows 10 drivers for this model. I've installed the newest Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 drivers listed on the support site, but this hasn't fixed the problem. I've also uninstalled all software that appears to be bloatware. The laptop exhibits no significant issues, other than this sleep problem.

Attached is the DM Log Collector zip file. Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated!

smt1, May 5, 2021
  4. Laptop crashes in sleep mode

Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Laptop crashes in sleep mode

1. Laptop crashes in sleep mode - Similar Threads - Laptop crashes sleep

2. no sleep mode on laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    no sleep mode on laptop: hi, this device doesn't have the sleep choice on power choices + it's settings doesn't show up on power options settings, It requires display adapter driver update but it automatically updates it to intelR graphics 4000 and this crushes the pc showing a blue screen error...
  3. no sleep mode on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no sleep mode on laptop: hi, this device doesn't have the sleep choice on power choices + it's settings doesn't show up on power options settings, It requires display adapter driver update but it automatically updates it to intelR graphics 4000 and this crushes the pc showing a blue screen error...
  4. no sleep mode on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop in sleep mode: I am a college student and use my laptop everyday. I am constantly storing my laptop and taking it out of my backpack between classes. Is it ok to keep my laptop on sleep mode as I move between classes or should I power off? I have both an ssd and hhd so it doesn’t take very...
  6. Laptop in sleep mode

Laptop in sleep mode: I am a college student and use my laptop everyday. I am constantly storing my laptop and taking it out of my backpack between classes. Is it ok to keep my laptop on sleep mode as I move between classes or should I power off? I have both an ssd and hhd so it doesn’t take very...
  7. Windows crashes in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes in sleep mode: When I leave my laptop untouched for a while it goes to sleep mode, but now windows just crashes. When I try to boot it it does not respond and after some time the fans just start blowing on full speed. I just press the power button for 5 seconds to shut it down and then...
  8. Windows crashes in sleep mode

Windows crashes in sleep mode: When I leave my laptop untouched for a while it goes to sleep mode, but now windows just crashes. When I try to boot it it does not respond and after some time the fans just start blowing on full speed. I just press the power button for 5 seconds to shut it down and then...
  9. Windows crashes in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Crash on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Crash on sleep mode: When I put my pc to sleep and start it up again it crashesHere are some All I can remember:CRITICAL PROCESS DIEDWhat Failed:Sys filesFile I used that could cause those problems:Avast Cleanup PremiumAvast Driver UpdaterShould I chkdsk or automatic repair?I did sfc /scannow and...