Windows 10: Laptop crashes on battery power

Discus and support Laptop crashes on battery power in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 running on my laptop. After a recent update the battery life icon vanished. I followed the instructions in the settings to switch it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Daniel888CA, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Laptop crashes on battery power

I have Windows 10 running on my laptop. After a recent update the battery life icon vanished. I followed the instructions in the settings to switch it back on but now the laptop crashes without warning. It acts like the battery is dead but it is a months old battery and it crashes at 80%.

I have tried some of the various notes on this issue to restart and update and replace and reload drivers but there has been no change. This question has been raised many times if you search on google but those questions are locked and there is no clear details on how to solve.

To recap this is a new battery so saying buy a new one is not a solution.

:)

Daniel888CA, Mar 23, 2020

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Laptop crashes on battery power pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Laptop crashes on battery power

Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Laptop crashes on battery power pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Laptop crashes on battery power

1. Laptop crashes on battery power - Similar Threads - Laptop crashes battery

2. Laptop crash-freezes regularly when on battery power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crash-freezes regularly when on battery power: Recently when my laptop is on battery power, and only on battery power, it's been crashing on a semi-regular basis. The screen freezes, all sound stops, Windows is completely unresponsive to any kind of input. It seems to stay this way indefinitely until I'm forced to turn...
  3. Laptop crash-freezes regularly when on battery power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop crash-freezes regularly when on battery power: Recently when my laptop is on battery power, and only on battery power, it's been crashing on a semi-regular basis. The screen freezes, all sound stops, Windows is completely unresponsive to any kind of input. It seems to stay this way indefinitely until I'm forced to turn...
  4. Laptop crash-freezes regularly when on battery power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My laptop is slow on battery power

My laptop is slow on battery power: For example, when I'm playing games or just watching something when it's plugged in it works fine but when it's on battery power it turns super slow. I have tried various methods such as updating my device, turning off the power saver, and various other methods but they don't...
  6. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  7. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  8. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

9. Battery and Power Question for laptops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Battery and Power Question for laptops: If I were to set the "when I close the lid" setting to do nothing, but set the "Hibernate after this amount of time" to 10 min. Will the computer hibernate after the 10 min if I shut the lid? Or will it continue to run? Basically I want to be able to shut the lid but if I...
  10. Never using battery power in a laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Never using battery power in a laptop: I have a brand new laptop and I run it on mains power all the time (constantly plugged in) does this degrade the battery in any way as I have no way of taking the battery out because it is housed inside the machine. I have Googled this and have a number of different thoughts...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows crash on battery