Windows 10: Laptop Crashes sometimes while trying to wake up

Discus and support Laptop Crashes sometimes while trying to wake up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought this laptop 2 weeks ago, it is a HP Pavillion Notebook. For about a week now, maybe even since when I got it, the laptop sometimes fails to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by aworrier, Jan 31, 2016.

1. aworrier Win User

Laptop Crashes sometimes while trying to wake up

I bought this laptop 2 weeks ago, it is a HP Pavillion Notebook. For about a week now, maybe even since when I got it, the laptop sometimes fails to wake up from sleep. The screen stays black, gets slightly lit up to gray, then the computer and goes through all that comes with that instead of waking up.

The event log shows a Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework error.

System specs:
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz
    16GB RAM
    Memory:
    8GB Samsung 1600MHz
    8GB Samsung 1600MHz

System board
    80A5 91.1C

System BIOS:
    F.77

The .zip folder as requested is below. Thank you for your help.

Attachment 61806

:)

aworrier, Jan 31, 2016
  2. Aditm001 Win User

Windows takes forever to exit sleep if there is a disc in dvd player

Hello,

My windows 10 laptop has this annoying issue that sometimes it takes forever while waking up from sleep. By means of trial and error, I have noticed that this happens only when there is a disc in the dvd player.

Sequence of events

1. There is a random dvd in the laptop

2. Laptop goes to sleep

3. When I try to wake it up, it takes forever

Any ideas what could cause this problem and how to resolve it?

Aditm001, Jan 31, 2016
  3. Laptop reboots by itself

Hi,

I am having the same issue with my Dell XPS 13, just bought last december 2017, been having this issue for couple of months now, and i notice it happens to so many people in other forums.

My laptop crashed randomly, but not as often as Mike.

Sometimes it happens couple of times a day, sometimes it crashed after few days,

sometimes it crashed while watching youtube, sometimes just browsing, battery could be 80% or 20%, the crash seemed just so random.

This last crash happened when I was just about to wake it up from sleep, I even haven't managed to logged in yet. I just pressed the power button to wake it up, then pressed a random button, most likely space bar, to get the login input box, then it crashed.

Notice it crashed around 11:58, I did not turn it on again until 12:30

The last warning event was also:

Source: i8042prt

The device sent an incorrect response(s) following a mouse reset.

Is this really static electricity issue as Mike found out? but it happens to so many people

In Dell forum, some people downgrade their BIOS, some other upgrade to latest, but it doesn't seem to work for everyone, not me at least.

Laptop Crashes sometimes while trying to wake up [​IMG]

ariekamili, Jan 31, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, if it's under warranty, you might consider returning it..

dalchina, Jan 31, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    Agreed with dalchina, although a driver from Intel graphics has been flagged this could be faulty hardware.
    Anyway, please try to update/reinstall your drivers from HP and see how it goes.
    If updating the drivers and/or BIOS doesn't help then RMA the laptop.
    Driver Reference Table - IntcDAud.sys
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for IntcDAud.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for IntcDAud.sys 0: kd> lmvm IntcDAud start end module name fffff800`bb290000 fffff800`bb351000 IntcDAud T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: IntcDAud.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\IntcDAud.sys Image name: IntcDAud.sys Timestamp: Wed Aug 05 10:20:56 2015 (55C1C768) CheckSum: 000C7F6F ImageSize: 000C1000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

6. aworrier Win User
    Thank you for your help!

So I used both the HP support and Intel driver update check tools and Intel found just a bluetooth driver to update which HP says is not available anymore. No graphics card option. I then went through the Windows driver update center and was able to update the Intel graphics driver. Interestingly, the computer did they same lit black screen for a moment while the driver updated. I will let you know if this fixes it, but have I properly followed your instructions?

I really appreciate you taking the time to help, thank you!

aworrier, Jan 31, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Forgot the obvious question- did it come with Win 10, or a free upgrade to Win 10?

dalchina, Jan 31, 2016
  8. aworrier Win User

With Windows 10. Well, when I first started the computer, it was loading up Windows 10, so I assume it's that.

aworrier, Jan 31, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    Ok, if it came with Win 10 even more justification to return it.. Ok, you might well have had a driver update automatically as a normal part of events.. and you'll almost certainly have received a number of updates in that time as the Windows as installed and purchased would inevitably be out of date perhaps by months, but you shouldn't be spending your time on sthg that might be hard to resolve.

(A lot of sleep related problems have been reported here.. just try a search!)

dalchina, Jan 31, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    Yes, but if you specify the BSOD section, there hasn't been (a lot of) sleep problems with version 10586.

11. dalchina New Member
    @axe0 ...ok, 'here' as in in 'tenforums'. (Perhaps the thread should be moved as no BSOD has been reported by aworrier)?

dalchina, Jan 31, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    It is a bluescreen problem *Wink
    I couldn't get to the graphics of Intel without a dump from a bluescreen.

13. aworrier Win User

I updated Windows 10 to that newer version a few days ago, but the problem occurred before then too.

So I "forcefully" caused the BSOD again. I put the laptop to sleep by flipping it closed, waiting about 10-20 seconds, and flipped it back open to wake it up. It crashed just like before. Could you please check out this second zip file to see what the error is?

Attachment 61951

Also, running the program a second time, an sfdebugfile folder is now on my desktop and won't go away, citing the path doesn't exist. How do I get rid of it?

Thanks.

Edit: Refreshing the desktop removed that folder. I've been trying to recreate the BSOD a few more time like what I just posted but to no avail. The system seems to pick and choose when it wants to crash.

aworrier, Feb 1, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    Please check Windows Update, most systems have more then 3 hotfixes installed.
    Code: Hotfix(s): 3 Hotfix(s) Installed.[/quote] The driver has been updated, but still the cause.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for IntcDAud.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for IntcDAud.sys 0: kd> lmvm IntcDAud start end module name fffff801`1af30000 fffff801`1aff1000 IntcDAud T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: IntcDAud.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\IntcDAud.sys Image name: IntcDAud.sys Timestamp: Tue Aug 18 22:39:47 2015 (55D39813) CheckSum: 000C8F17 ImageSize: 000C1000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

15. aworrier Win User
    The windows update app says its checks and updates automatically. I manually hit check for updates just now just in case, and no new updates were found.

So this is either an irreparable driver issue or Windows 10 issue?

Thanks again.

aworrier, Feb 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Laptop Crashes sometimes while trying to wake up - Similar Threads - Laptop Crashes sometimes

2. Laptop beeps sometimes while trying to turn it on and sometimes keys are automatically...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop beeps sometimes while trying to turn it on and sometimes keys are automatically...: Sometimes my Laptop beeps and doesn't start, sometimes it beeps for 2-5 minutes and then starts and sometimes it starts smoothly.Also I have noticed that when power is low it beeps and when I try starting it after charging for a while, it starts smoothly, without...
  3. Laptop beeps sometimes while trying to turn it on and sometimes keys are automatically...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop beeps sometimes while trying to turn it on and sometimes keys are automatically...: Sometimes my Laptop beeps and doesn't start, sometimes it beeps for 2-5 minutes and then starts and sometimes it starts smoothly.Also I have noticed that when power is low it beeps and when I try starting it after charging for a while, it starts smoothly, without...
  4. Laptop beeps sometimes while trying to turn it on and sometimes keys are automatically...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black screen after waking up laptop sometimes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after waking up laptop sometimes: Hi I hope you are doing well I have a pretty decent laptop but I’m not sure if it’s the graphics card but after opening the cover it’s a black screen but the disk is still runningIf you can help that would be great thanks!...
  6. Black screen after waking up laptop sometimes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after waking up laptop sometimes: Hi I hope you are doing well I have a pretty decent laptop but I’m not sure if it’s the graphics card but after opening the cover it’s a black screen but the disk is still runningIf you can help that would be great thanks!...
  7. Laptop won't Wake up or sometimes restarts after restart.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won't Wake up or sometimes restarts after restart.: I am experiencing a weird problem recently that when i lock my laptop and close the lid and the instantly open the lid again the screen would not lit and all i can do is to do a hard reboot to fix the issue. And if i leave the laptop lock and close the lid and open it back in...
  8. Windows crashes and restarts often while trying to open games or while trying to wake it up...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashes and restarts often while trying to open games or while trying to wake it up...: Hi, Windows crashes and restarts often while trying to open games or while trying to wake it up from sleep. This started happening recently. I have already tried updating drivers, system, etc., and also rolling back to the older version but that does not seem to work. I have...
  9. Wake up laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake up laptop: Hi all, I have a Xiaomi mi Notebook pro (i7/16gb) and I was wondering if i could turn on the laptop (with a closed lit) by plugging in a usb c hub. I am trying to do it by using WOL (wake up on lan) but I just want to power it on by plugging it in and without using another...
  10. 2 tries to wake up laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    2 tries to wake up laptop: After the latest upgrade to Windows 10 Creators, my trusty T500 Thinkpad has (re-)developed an issue with waking from sleep. It wakes fine but then goes back to sleep almost immediately. On the second attempt it wakes properly and stays awake. Video attached - apologies...