Windows 10: Laptop crashes when gaming while plugged in

Discus and support Laptop crashes when gaming while plugged in in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I am having a problem with my laptop where it will crash with a black screen after about 15 minutes of playing games like Valorant, Overwatch,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Aamnah Tariq, May 26, 2023.

1. Laptop crashes when gaming while plugged in

Hello, I am having a problem with my laptop where it will crash with a black screen after about 15 minutes of playing games like Valorant, Overwatch, CSGO it's not like my laptop cant run these games as it meets the recommended requirements there is no warning of the crash, my screen will just go black mid game and turn on again after I press power button 2-3 times. In the event viewer, the cause of the crash is said to be a critical error called kernel power 41 and I've tried all the fixes I could find for kernel power 41 but the issue persists so I wonder if my charger could be causing t

:)

Aamnah Tariq, May 26, 2023
  2. Tanmay123 Win User

Games work fine on battery but crash when plugged in

Hello guys

My laptop is a HP (Win 10, Intel i5-6200U, AMD Radeon R5 M330 2GB Graphics, 8Gb RAM)

Since last week I am facing a weird problem where my games (War Thunder, Civ6, GTA5) work fine on battery power but crash after plugging in the charger. (The laptop doesn't crash just the game becomes unresponsive). If I launch them when plugged
    in, they crash after a few seconds. Steps i have already taken

1. Updated display drivers
    2. Reinstalled display drivers
    3. Changed power plan settings
    4. Reinstalled Windows 10
    5. Reinstalled the games
    6. Unplugged all connected device
    This is an extremely irritating issue so any assistance would be appreciated

Thanks

Tanmay123, May 26, 2023
  3. i have a gaming laptop that crashes during games

Hi,

A corrupted profile is one of the possible reasons why your computer crashes when playing a game. For us to provide proper resolution, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you having this issue with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this concern?
    • Were you able to play a game before without any problem while the charger is plugged in?

Wilfred Mac, May 26, 2023
  4. peach1971 Win User

Laptop crashes when gaming while plugged in

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 26, 2023
Thema:

Laptop crashes when gaming while plugged in

1. Laptop crashes when gaming while plugged in - Similar Threads - Laptop crashes gaming

2. Lenovo laptop BSOD when playing games while plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo laptop BSOD when playing games while plugged in: My laptop goes BSOD when I play games while it is plugged in. I open a game while plugged in and then it crashes, fans go really loud and the goes to blue screen saying video dxgkrnl fatal error. I tried playing without plugging it in and it runs well the fps is not that...
  3. Lenovo laptop BSOD when playing games while plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo laptop BSOD when playing games while plugged in: My laptop goes BSOD when I play games while it is plugged in. I open a game while plugged in and then it crashes, fans go really loud and the goes to blue screen saying video dxgkrnl fatal error. I tried playing without plugging it in and it runs well the fps is not that...
  4. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  5. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  6. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

7. Laptop crashes when gaming while plugged in

Laptop crashes when gaming while plugged in: Hello, I am having a problem with my laptop where it will crash with a black screen after about 15 minutes of playing games like Valorant, Overwatch, CSGO it's not like my laptop cant run these games as it meets the recommended requirements there is no warning of the crash,...
  8. ASUS Laptop crashes when not plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS Laptop crashes when not plugged in: Whenever my ASUS TUF Gaming K6NRCV03Z82225B is unplugged, the laptop is fine for a couple seconds before crashing with the error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. It will crash loop upon restarting again, and will stop when plugged in again. This only started happening...
  9. Laptop crashes games when launching them while plugged into external monitor...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop crashes games when launching them while plugged into external monitor...: Hello, Over the last few days, my Razer Blade 15 (1070, 500gb ie 2018 edition) has been crashing when starting games (anything from R6S to rimworld) while it is attached to an external display. I have no idea what is causing this issue, it's attached to an Alienware AW3418DW...
  10. laptop lags while playing games when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop lags while playing games when plugged in: i have noticed that the laptop lags while playing games when plugged in. But when I play the same games on battery, they run just fine. How do I stop this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games/970658d6-be8f-47a8-b84f-39e46e62835f