Windows 10: Laptop crashes when I play a game (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)

Discus and support Laptop crashes when I play a game (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Card details: Geforce GTX 670M 3GB GDDR5 (2x) Geforce GTX 675M 2GB GDDR5 The error I was getting before going to windows 10 was "Nividia GeForce... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by AKAFogle, Aug 10, 2016.

1. AKAFogle Win User

Laptop crashes when I play a game (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)

Card details:

Geforce GTX 670M 3GB GDDR5
    (2x) Geforce GTX 675M 2GB GDDR5

The error I was getting before going to windows 10 was "Nividia GeForce GTX 670m device is not removable and cannot be ejected or unplugged." This would happen and kick me out of a game and the fan speed would increase heavily, then after about 10 minutes I would crash to blue screen. I only got this error with my GTX 670M and not one of the GTX 675M, now it just hard crashes to blue screen.

Alright so my MSIGT60 which is 4 years old has been having graphics issues for 3 months. I originally thought it was an over heating issue or a hardware issue but it appears to not be.

What I have tried:
    I tried uninstalling and reinstalling graphics drivers for my 670m (uninstalling with "display driver uninstaller" for a clean uninstall"). I have rolled back my drivers and updated them numerous times over the months.

I have tried three different graphics cards. My 670M and two 675M.
    I replaced my 670M with a 675M 2 months ago which solved my problems completely so I thought it was a hardware problem. But recently it started crashing so I started trouble shooting thinking it was damaged by the heat (its been quite hot in the north east lately). I eventually fried the card by trying Furmak (GPU stress test) to see what temperatures it was failing at or if the problem was something to do with VRAM, 5 seconds after starting it it fried the card.

So I messed that up pretty badly and got another 675M and this card is having the same problems as the last as soon as I installed it.

I doubt its a heating issue as my 670M idles at about 42c and I haven't seen it go past 80c when looking at it with GPUZ in a game. The 675M idles at about 46c and has not gone past 80c either. The laptop is completely free of dust and my gpu and cpu have fresh heat paste. Im also using a laptop cooling stand + high fan speed (over 100%) +a vent suction cooling thing for the side of the laptop. When i'm using all of the cooling it does seem to make a difference. It appears to last slightly longer than when I dont turn on any of the extra cooling but it still crashes when playing hearthstone or stardew valley (games with a low load) with full cooling on at what appears to be 55c-70c

Games it crashes on:
    The laptop rarely crashes when playing league of legends, it crashes about every third time I play hearthstone and crashes on every other game I have tried (CSGO, stardew valley, Tera Rising, Planetside 2).

Sometimes it crashes 2 minutes into a game and sometimes an hour into a game.

Attached is my event viewer log it appears that before it crashes errors occur with my network card.

Thank you for your time and have a good day.

:)

AKAFogle, Aug 10, 2016

2. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error (Windows 10)

Hello! Every time I try to play a game I get an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen of death. It only happens when I try to play a game. I installed new drivers two days ago. I think that might be the issue. How exactly do I post my crash dump files and
    fix this? Thanks.

Duston Ploch, Aug 10, 2016
  3. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD for Windows 10? (.DMP File Included)

I was given this laptop knowing very well that it was having frequent BSOD (specifically IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL errors) but I seem to have fixed that particular BSOD.

It's been a solid 48 hours since the last error, but just now as I was playing a game, the computer crashed, leaving a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error behind.

Included in the following link is the .dmp file for said crash.

.DMP File

Thank you for your help in advance!

undefinedagent, Aug 10, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello AKAfogle and welcome to TenForums *Smile

Looking at your event log there have been several bugchecks over the last few days:

Laptop crashes when I play a game (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) [​IMG]

These all relate to a driver problem but without being able to examine the minidump files it is not possible to tell which one.

One way of finding which drivers are faulty is to run Driver Verifier. Please be aware that this will stress your system and slow it down so do not run with it on for more than about 24 hours. Look through the tutorial to make sure you understand what you are doing and how to turn it off afterwards. Make sure you create a restore point before running the test as instructed. Please note the details of any BSOD that is triggered by the test and report back.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

It would also be helpful if you filled in your system spec details as fully and accurately as possible. See the following tutorial for tips on doing this:

System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

philc43, Aug 10, 2016
  5. AKAFogle Win User
    Alright I updated my profile with my computer specs and I ran the driver verifier.

My computer crashed before start up. This was displayed the first time it crashed:

DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION (dtsoftbus01.sys)

It crashed about 6 more times which all displayed:
    DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION

I tried the two methods in the tutorial to disable the verifier but both did not work and reverting back to a system restore point right before turning the verifier on was the only way I was able to get the computer to boot.

Minidump Files: Minidump
    Windows Event Viewer: event viewer (2)

Apparently this points to a problem with Daemon tools which I did not know I had this. I used it during college (a couple months ago) for computer forensics classes.

AKAFogle, Aug 10, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    Yes, that is the driver for Daemon Tools and it has been known to cause BSOD issues in the past.

Hopefully you can uninstall it, see how your system runs. (Note: you may need to run Driver Verifier again in case there are other drivers that need to be found.)

If you get more BSOD events please post in the BSOD section (read the posting instructions first) and there will be more crash analysts who can help.

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop crashes when I play a game (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) - Similar Threads - Laptop crashes play

2. BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal when i play a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal when i play a game: I don't bluescreen if I'm not in a game but every time I open one I blue screen like 20 times in a rowminidump************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare...
  3. BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal when i play a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal when i play a game: I don't bluescreen if I'm not in a game but every time I open one I blue screen like 20 times in a rowminidump************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare...
  4. BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal when i play a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Crashing when I play games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crashing when I play games: Hello, I'm having issues with my pc crashing when I play games... Its only when I play games. I reinstalled my driver for the graphics card (5600 XT), I haven't done too much else seeing as that I'm not really PC savvy. If anyone has any trouble shooting suggestions I would...
  6. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error only when playing a game

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error only when playing a game: I have been trying to figure out that is causing this error, it only happens when playing games. I reset windows hoping it would eliminate any driver issues, but it is still happening....
  7. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming: Hi guys, I just built my computer about 4 days ago, got a blue screen first time playing LEAGUE OF LEGENDS and then didn't happen until today. I played hours of WAREZONE yesterday and didn't have a problem. All part are brand new. Can someone help me? I've attached V2 Log...
  8. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming: So glad there is a forum for this, I've been trying for a while to fix this problem. Basically my computer BSODs quite frequently and almost selectively while playing the popular game CS:GO. My CPU and graphics card are properly cooled and graphics driver is up-to-date....
  9. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when I play a certain game (DayZ)

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when I play a certain game (DayZ): If anyone could help me out with this, I would really appreciate it. I can't figure out why its doing this when I play this game, it crashes with this error after about 12-15 minutes of playing the game. I can do everything else on my computer just fine. 72557
  10. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Errors when playing games

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Errors when playing games: Hello, I keep encountering the same error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. However, it only shows up when I play games on my laptop. When I am not gaming the system works fine, no error, no BSOD. I'm not sure what the cause is of this error. Can someone please help me out with...