Windows 10: Laptop crashes when I plug in the power

Discus and support Laptop crashes when I plug in the power in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! Sometimes when i plug in the power after some time on battery, it gives me a bluescreen and i have to restart. What causes it and how i can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Iustin Esanu, Jun 7, 2022.

1. Laptop crashes when I plug in the power

Hello! Sometimes when i plug in the power after some time on battery, it gives me a bluescreen and i have to restart. What causes it and how i can resolve it.Here are the files needed for review: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgE_1SmcZjYKjAJitnvgom_Xdyv4?e=Q0CGMa

:)

Iustin Esanu, Jun 7, 2022
  2. Tanmay123 Win User

Games work fine on battery but crash when plugged in

Hello guys

My laptop is a HP (Win 10, Intel i5-6200U, AMD Radeon R5 M330 2GB Graphics, 8Gb RAM)

Since last week I am facing a weird problem where my games (War Thunder, Civ6, GTA5) work fine on battery power but crash after plugging in the charger. (The laptop doesn't crash just the game becomes unresponsive). If I launch them when plugged
    in, they crash after a few seconds. Steps i have already taken

1. Updated display drivers
    2. Reinstalled display drivers
    3. Changed power plan settings
    4. Reinstalled Windows 10
    5. Reinstalled the games
    6. Unplugged all connected device
    This is an extremely irritating issue so any assistance would be appreciated

Thanks

Tanmay123, Jun 7, 2022
  3. DianeGill Win User
    about plug-in or plug-out with AC adapter

I have done all of the above and when I plug my computer in with a fully charged battery the screen still goes black - I am on Windows 10 and my computer is 3 days old - HP Pavillion Laptop - I know there has got to be an easy answer for this Problem - Like
    a setting somewhere, but I am used to using my computer plugged in at all times and I think that it is stupid that I have to take out the battery to do this??? Any more suggestions??? :-(

DianeGill, Jun 7, 2022
  4. Bree Win User

Laptop crashes when I plug in the power

Plugging in Laptop.

Welcome to Ten Forums

I have an Acer Aspire 3 too, though mine has now upgraded to Windows 11.

Many would give their eye teeth to be able to turn off that beep. *Biggrin

This seems to be a uniquely Acer thing. All Acer laptops seem to make that beep when the power is connected/disconnected, and there is no obvious setting in Windows or the bios to turn this on or off. Following the trail of those trying to turn it off suggests this is where you need to look:

windows 10 - Disable beep sound when plugging/unplugging laptop charger - Super User

In your case of course you need to make sure the Realtek HD Audio Manager is fully enabled rather than muted.

I've tried it on my Acer Aspire and can confirm that muting the Realtek HD Audio Manager (or Universal Service as it appears in W11) does indeed turn of that beep, quite independently of all other system sounds or audio output. Settings has a quite different layout in Windows 11, but still has all the same settings as Windows 10. This is what I see in W11's Settings.

Laptop crashes when I plug in the power [​IMG]

EDIT: and here are the same settings pages for Windows 10, taken from an old Acer Aspire One netbook.

Bree, Jun 7, 2022
Thema:

Laptop crashes when I plug in the power

1. Laptop crashes when I plug in the power - Similar Threads - Laptop crashes plug

2. My laptop periodically hisses and crashes when I plug/unplug the power cord.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop periodically hisses and crashes when I plug/unplug the power cord.: I've only had my laptop System Model: ASUS TUF Gaming A15 for about a year and a bit and for the past month or so when I plug/unplug the power cord from the device my laptop crashes. Ill try to get a picture of the crash screen and post it as a reply to this...
  3. My laptop periodically hisses and crashes when I plug/unplug the power cord.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop periodically hisses and crashes when I plug/unplug the power cord.: I've only had my laptop System Model: ASUS TUF Gaming A15 for about a year and a bit and for the past month or so when I plug/unplug the power cord from the device my laptop crashes. Ill try to get a picture of the crash screen and post it as a reply to this...
  4. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  5. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  6. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

7. Laptop crashes when I plug in the power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashes when I plug in the power: Hello! Sometimes when i plug in the power after some time on battery, it gives me a bluescreen and i have to restart. What causes it and how i can resolve it.Here are the files needed for review: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgE_1SmcZjYKjAJitnvgom_Xdyv4?e=Q0CGMa...
  8. Laptop crashes when I plug in the power

Laptop crashes when I plug in the power: Hello! Sometimes when i plug in the power after some time on battery, it gives me a bluescreen and i have to restart. What causes it and how i can resolve it.Here are the files needed for review: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgE_1SmcZjYKjAJitnvgom_Xdyv4?e=Q0CGMa...
  9. ASUS Laptop crashes when not plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS Laptop crashes when not plugged in: Whenever my ASUS TUF Gaming K6NRCV03Z82225B is unplugged, the laptop is fine for a couple seconds before crashing with the error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. It will crash loop upon restarting again, and will stop when plugged in again. This only started happening...
  10. Laptop powers off when not plugged in to power source

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop powers off when not plugged in to power source: Recently my HP Notebook will not charge above 0%. It turns on when plugged in to power source but instantly turns off when disconnected from the charger. Any information regarding this issue would be appreciated. Thanks!...