Windows 10: laptop crashes while plying games after repasting cpu gpu

Discus and support laptop crashes while plying games after repasting cpu gpu in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; bought Asus ROG GL702VSK used about a month ago, two weeks ago I installed new samsung 970 evo 256 ssd nvme m.2. And used samsung data migration to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tripp, May 27, 2018.

1. tripp Win User

laptop crashes while plying games after repasting cpu gpu

bought Asus ROG GL702VSK used about a month ago,

two weeks ago I installed new samsung 970 evo 256 ssd nvme m.2. And used samsung data migration to transfer os files from hdd to ssd. I now boot from ssd and everything is much faster. seemed to work great.

One week ago i redid the thermal paste on the cpu and gpu as well as putting thermal pads on the smaller chips. used this video to do it
    used all the same products (thermal grizzly conductonot and arctic thermal pads .5mm and 1.5mm) except i used the 1.5mm thermal pads instead of the 1mm.
    I thought everything went ok, i used as little as possible of the liquid metal (made sure I had no puddles and only used a tiny pin drop to cover area). used a small amount of supper33 elec tap around some of the more open sides of cpu and gpu to avoid spillage on board.
    only issue was when I finished everything the vary last thing I did was reconnect the battery to the board and it had a small spark going from one side of the battery connector to the board side of the connector as i hooked it back together.

before doing the repaste I ran both cpu stress test (intel burn test) and gpu stress test (FurMark) and gpu bench mark (Unigine Heaven) It all seemed fine. Gpu temp was at 80c when stressed and 49c when not.

After repaste, I did gpu stress Furmark ran about 75C then I ran gpu benchmark Heaven and it crashed almost instantly

I don't remember if I did my gpu stress tests before or after installing the SSD So I really cant say if it would have crashed after installing the ssd (and before repasting) as I dont remember if i stressed the gpu after installing it.

I got my first game (divinity original sin 2) and started playing it a couple days ago. it goes anywhere from 5-30 minutes before crashing when playing. I also try heaven test again and sometimes it crashes and sometimes not, but it always crashes playing the game. fan speed is only about half power when crashes and gpu temp is at 80C when gaming. top of laptop just above keyboard feels vary hot to touch almost burn you hand kind of hot when gaming (not sure if thats normal. It never crashes when not playing a game or stressing gpu. I have left it on for many hours during normal use and never had a crash.

What I mean when I say "crash" is that it instantly goes black and shuts down instantly almost. it does not restart and after a few seconds i can turn it back on. only one time (the last time) did it show a blue screen that said "shutting down" (i think) for a few seconds before turning off.

temps before repaste: CPU normal=49C stressed=79C / GPU normal= 49C stressed=80C
    temps after repast: CPU normal=37C stressed=70C / GPU normal=41C stressed=80C

downloaded blueScreenView and it shows me no dump data and says 0 crashes???

thats all I can think of right now. please help, i just spent $1200 on this laptop

:)

tripp, May 27, 2018
  2. Degenere Win User

My PC is crashing. Seems to be related to GPU because it always happens while gaming.

Formatted the PC. Temperatures running a game were ~65 for GPU and ~70 for CPU and still got a crash.

Degenere, May 27, 2018
  3. Computer crashes while playing games with buzzing sound.

Hi, recently, my PC has been crashing while playing video games and it makes a loud buzzing sound for 2-3 seconds before auto-restarting, it's really annoying. I have a GTX 750 Ti and an AMD A8 6600K in my PC. I'd really like a fix. I've tried MSI Afterburner
    and my GPU or CPU doesn't appear to be overheating, it sticks at a stable 35-40 for the CPU and 30-35 for GPU.

ScottCousins, May 27, 2018
Thema:

laptop crashes while plying games after repasting cpu gpu

1. laptop crashes while plying games after repasting cpu gpu - Similar Threads - laptop crashes while

2. Laptop gpu crashing while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop gpu crashing while playing games: The problem started a week ago. Laptop crashed and gave BSOD with video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error and restarted itself and after restart the gpu wasn't listed in anywhere. Today I found out that everything functions normally when laptop isn't plugged in, I can play games or browse...
  3. Laptop gpu crashing while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop gpu crashing while playing games: The problem started a week ago. Laptop crashed and gave BSOD with video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error and restarted itself and after restart the gpu wasn't listed in anywhere. Today I found out that everything functions normally when laptop isn't plugged in, I can play games or browse...
  4. all games crashing after changing cpu motherboard ram but the gpu is the same

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all games crashing after changing cpu motherboard ram but the gpu is the same: i have been crashing in every game for many errors blue screens these are a few errors i've been getting--------------------------------------------------Log Name: Application Source: Application Hang Date: 5/26/2022 12:47:57 AM Event ID: 1002 Task Category: 101 Level: Error...
  5. all games crashing after changing cpu motherboard ram but the gpu is the same

all games crashing after changing cpu motherboard ram but the gpu is the same: i have been crashing in every game for many errors blue screens these are a few errors i've been getting--------------------------------------------------Log Name: Application Source: Application Hang Date: 5/26/2022 12:47:57 AM Event ID: 1002 Task Category: 101 Level: Error...
  6. My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.

My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.: My GPU is crashing while playing games. Screens flicker after 10 seconds of Nvidia GPU comes to use and it just vanishes from the taskbar and task manager. After the restart, it comes back and the same thing happens when launching games.I had used DDU then also nothing...
  7. My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.: My GPU is crashing while playing games. Screens flicker after 10 seconds of Nvidia GPU comes to use and it just vanishes from the taskbar and task manager. After the restart, it comes back and the same thing happens when launching games.I had used DDU then also nothing...
  8. My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Hardware issues after repasting laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hardware issues after repasting laptop: I repasted my laptop this weekend covered by warranty & since then I've been having issues with only 1 program. Did Dism, sfc, updated all drivers, rollback and updated back. Nothing worked. Went down internet rabbit hole and found out in Reliability monitor where it states...
  10. CPU/GPU spikes while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU/GPU spikes while gaming: Hello, I'm having issues playing games now due to this CPU/GPU max usage spiking while playing and it causes a lag spike.. it happens like every few seconds and it's driving me up the wall.. really not for sure where else to go with this issue.. it happens in nearly every...