Windows 10: Laptop crashes while writing, but not at Minecraft?

Discus and support Laptop crashes while writing, but not at Minecraft? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello dear community, I've been working on my math homework for a few days now, I've been caching and today my laptop crashed just like that. It was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EliasB1110, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Laptop crashes while writing, but not at Minecraft?

Hello dear community, I've been working on my math homework for a few days now, I've been caching and today my laptop crashed just like that. It was like this: the laptop started to get very loud and I opened the task manager to see if any program was working in the background. But the task manager didn't load and instead it was just white and the cursor turned this loading spiral. I waited for a moment because I thought that the program was still loading. But even after a few minutes it didn't load and I tried pressing ALT+F4, but the program didn't close. In the background I still saw my document (a normal text document in wordpad). I then pressed the save icon to save the latest progress of my tasks. Then I wanted to restart the computer, hoping that the problem was solved. So I pressed the Windows key, but this Windows screen did not open. Then I pressed the on key for a long time to shut down the computer. Then I started it again and wanted to continue writing my document. I opened the file again, but the sheet was empty. Then I had to rewrite everything. When I finished a few hours later, having saved the file on several USB sticks, I had to add comments to a PDF using Adobe Acrobat. For this I had to google things from time to time. At some point the browser (Edge) could not be opened anymore. Not via the current applications (Windows key and tab) and also not when I clicked on the icon at the bottom of the taskbar. I then quickly cached the PDF and opened the task manager again. It really opened and I could see that my processor (Intel i7 7700) was running at 58% capacity, my graphics card (NVIDIA GTX 1060) was running at 100% capacity and the memory (8gb DDR4) was running at 63% capacity. Then I wanted to close the task manager again, but that didn't work. Now nothing opened anymore, neither the browser nor any other program nor the Wimdows screen could be opened. When I restarted the laptop with the on button, the PDF was again without comments, although I saved it many times. What could be the reason for this? When I play Minecraft (also with shader) and talk about Discord, everything runs smoothly. I also thought about buying 8GB of RAM and putting it into the laptop. Or does the laptop get too hot and I need a laptop stand with a fan? Which one should I buy? Or is it something else after all? Please help me, I have to do homeschooling because of Corona!

:)

EliasB1110, Jun 14, 2020
  2. Barman58 Win User

Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Minecraft win10 edition auto update

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below, to disable automatic updates for Minecraft.

Steps:-

1. On the Start screen, select Microsoft Store to open the Store.
    2. Select the account menu (next to the search box), then select Settings.
    3. Under App updates, set Update apps automatically to
      NO.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking 'Yes' or 'No'.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 14, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

Laptop crashes while writing, but not at Minecraft?

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Laptop crashes while writing, but not at Minecraft?

1. Laptop crashes while writing, but not at Minecraft? - Similar Threads - Laptop crashes while

2. PC crashes/restarts while playing minecraft multiplayer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes/restarts while playing minecraft multiplayer: So, my pc just restarts No BSOD and I just get an error message afterwards in the logs about a system failure, which isn't specified what failure it is. It only happens while playing minecraft multiplayer, not on singleplayer and any other game. I've seen some other post here...
  3. PC crashes/restarts while playing minecraft multiplayer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashes/restarts while playing minecraft multiplayer: So, my pc just restarts No BSOD and I just get an error message afterwards in the logs about a system failure, which isn't specified what failure it is. It only happens while playing minecraft multiplayer, not on singleplayer and any other game. I've seen some other post here...
  4. Minecraft crashes

Minecraft crashes: Today I was playing Minecraft and saw that the game crashed. When it happened i saw the Windows 7 theme. It was pretty weird. By the way the picture is not edited. I swear....
  5. laptop BSOD and crashing while charging

laptop BSOD and crashing while charging: I currently have an HP envy x360 15 and have been having problems with it charging. For some reason on certain occasions it will start to constantly BSOD and crash withought a bluescreen, however still creating an error in the event log.I have tried updating some drivers and...
  6. laptop BSOD and crashing while charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop BSOD and crashing while charging: I currently have an HP envy x360 15 and have been having problems with it charging. For some reason on certain occasions it will start to constantly BSOD and crash withought a bluescreen, however still creating an error in the event log.I have tried updating some drivers and...
  7. laptop crashes while shuttingdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop crashes while shuttingdown: hello ,my laptop crashed 2nd time in this month while shuttingdown and created system error memory dump file.can any one help me to know the cause of crash.here is the link of dump files.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlY31N5TbgpdaTOudCv7oU9ZRTU?e=l4CP1B...
  8. Crashed while writing a report -- Buggy drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Crashed while writing a report -- Buggy drivers: I had a wonderfully formatted post before I activated MalwareBytes, the only other security I had aside from Windows Security. Instantly crashed to MEMORY_MANAGEMENT Since it was a crash I lost the post, I'm going to try and recreate it very quickly listing everything and...
  9. [Crash] Laptop crashes while sleeping

[Crash] Laptop crashes while sleeping: Description Sometimes, not all the time, my laptop crashes while sleeping and takes a few minutes to reboot from the SSD. The keyboard stays lit up throughout the whole process. It's been doing this for a while, so I figured I'd bite the bullet and try and fix it. I tried a...
  10. Laptop crashing while loading games.

Laptop crashing while loading games.: So, I was playing a game and I wanted to re-install it on my SSD. after doing so, my computer started crashing no BSoD, just straight to bootup. So, I ran a virus check, verified the game, updated all my drivers and my computer continued to crash, re-installed the game. Next...