Windows 10: Laptop Crashing At Certain Points While Gaming

Discus and support Laptop Crashing At Certain Points While Gaming in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It's been over 5-6 months since i've bought my ASUS FX505DV through Amazon and right away i've noticed some problems where the OS BSoDs once i reach... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SimonSulit, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Laptop Crashing At Certain Points While Gaming

It's been over 5-6 months since i've bought my ASUS FX505DV through Amazon and right away i've noticed some problems where the OS BSoDs once i reach certain temperatures on stock clocks, it literally can't be played normally out-of-the-box that i've been forced to underclock it to keep stable. Since then, it was normal - i was able to run games normally now - but ALWAYS at Low Graphics settings which defeats the purpose of the Ryzen 5 + RTX 2060 of the laptop i bought.

I'm starting to think i had bought a defective laptop, because even with all my drivers updated and such; i still encounter BSoDs as if the hardware itself has a problem in the first place.

Back to my problem, though. Recently, the OS crashes i've been getting lately have NO BSoDs now. Straight to black screen, then a full restart. I've tried to look through Event Viewer; but none seem to help me determine what's causing the laptop to crash during gaming. My suspicions are primarily towards the GPU of this laptop; which is a 2060 - or maybe a driver that i've overlooked and forgot to update.

I have minidump files here that are a bit aged, but still usable in tracking the culprit - but i do not know how to upload it for any of you that can help me out.

:)

SimonSulit, Dec 18, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 18, 2020
  3. grunt_408 Win User
    crashes in certain games

Are they just random crashes? Or do they most commonly occur 5 minutes into playing a certain game?

grunt_408, Dec 18, 2020
  4. Laptop Crashing At Certain Points While Gaming

Random laptop crashes in games.

thats alright bro, If it does turn out to be an overheating issue, I'll let you take all the credit for suggesting it

FreedomEclipse, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Crashing At Certain Points While Gaming

1. Laptop Crashing At Certain Points While Gaming - Similar Threads - Laptop Crashing Certain

2. only certain games crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    only certain games crash: i try to play phasmaphobia and sons of the forest but after loading part way through it crashes and freezes my discord but every other game i can play fine after playing dead island 2 and I've played both of these games before for hours upon hours and they just dont work...
  3. only certain games crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    only certain games crash: i try to play phasmaphobia and sons of the forest but after loading part way through it crashes and freezes my discord but every other game i can play fine after playing dead island 2 and I've played both of these games before for hours upon hours and they just dont work...
  4. My PC crashes, mostly while gaming, at random points.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC crashes, mostly while gaming, at random points.: My pc has been crashing at random points, some games never crash and use way more resources, while smaller ones sometimes do. Once crashed just with discord and a google tab open. I checked Reliability monitor, I’ve gotten hardware failure LiveKernalEvent windows crashes with...
  5. My PC crashes, mostly while gaming, at random points.

My PC crashes, mostly while gaming, at random points.: My pc has been crashing at random points, some games never crash and use way more resources, while smaller ones sometimes do. Once crashed just with discord and a google tab open. I checked Reliability monitor, I’ve gotten hardware failure LiveKernalEvent windows crashes with...
  6. Crashing with certain games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Crashing with certain games: My Gpu usage with certain games like R6 and Genshin Impact will shoot up to 120% usage then drop to 0% and black screen and close my game. I can run GTA Online, FiveM, and Destiny 2 perfectly fine. I can even stream and top quality fine. But certain games seem to crash for no...
  7. Crashing with certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashing with certain games: My Gpu usage with certain games like R6 and Genshin Impact will shoot up to 120% usage then drop to 0% and black screen and close my game. I can run GTA Online, FiveM, and Destiny 2 perfectly fine. I can even stream and top quality fine. But certain games seem to crash for no...
  8. Crashing with certain games

9. PC crashes, BSOD while trying to play certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes, BSOD while trying to play certain games: Ever since I built my first PC, I had trouble playing certain games ig: Destiny 2, Apex Legends. I've spent hours trying to figure out what's causing my computer to BSOD when loading into those games. Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working...
  10. Laptop crashing while loading games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop crashing while loading games.: So, I was playing a game and I wanted to re-install it on my SSD. after doing so, my computer started crashing no BSoD, just straight to bootup. So, I ran a virus check, verified the game, updated all my drivers and my computer continued to crash, re-installed the game. Next...