Windows 10: Laptop crashing quickly after turning on

Discus and support Laptop crashing quickly after turning on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with TOSHIBA Satellite L350 model with Windows 10 with Windows Vista originally and I can't find a solution. So, the problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by matej42, May 22, 2020.

1. matej42 Win User

Laptop crashing quickly after turning on

Hello,

I have a problem with TOSHIBA Satellite L350 model with Windows 10 with Windows Vista originally and I can't find a solution.

So, the problem is that the PC usually crashes very quickly after logging in. It is often about 1-2 minutes, but sometimes unexpectedly longer. Anyway, this "crash" happens in two ways:

1. Turning screen into some color, while no action is possible, only force shutdown. No mouse, no text, just blank screen of some color. At first it was white, then it sometimes looked like light grey, later I've also seen some kind of light brown and the newest one is blue maybe I've forgotten some of them. This way is the more frequent one.

2. The PC just turns off and maybe after 3 seconds turns on again by itself.

I've tried a lot of stuff - installing all updates, stopping automatic updates, I've also launched anti-malware scanning of PC which suprisingly didn't crash while scanning, I've tried to run PC without anti-malware SW, ... At last I've done complete factory reset. None of these helped.

In Task Manager I've noticed that CPU is overloaded most of the time.
    Just before the crash the PC is usually cooling pretty loudly.
    In safe mode it doesn't crash.
    As I've mentioned, the OS on it was Windows Vista originally, now there is Windows 10. I'm not sure if problems started immediately after Windows 10 installation, but definitely not when there was Vista or later 7.

This problem's been developing for some time, it hasn't been crashing so fast, but now the PC is just unusable some rare exceptions can be found.

I know the PC is quite old, but I really can't find out, what's wrong. I hope it's not the HW.

Thanks very much for any help!

:)

matej42, May 22, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 22, 2020
  3. Random laptop crashes in games.

thats alright bro, If it does turn out to be an overheating issue, I'll let you take all the credit for suggesting it

FreedomEclipse, May 22, 2020
  4. Laptop crashing quickly after turning on

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Laptop crashing quickly after turning on

1. Laptop crashing quickly after turning on - Similar Threads - Laptop crashing quickly

2. Why does my internet crash after turning on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my internet crash after turning on my laptop?: When i turn the laptop on the entire motem crashes and everything looses wifi, the buttons on my router turn red and it restarts the motem. I do not have a virus because i did a full scan and it didnt find anything. And bell told us that it is impossible aswell as microsoft....
  3. Why does my internet crash after turning on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my internet crash after turning on my laptop?: When i turn the laptop on the entire motem crashes and everything looses wifi, the buttons on my router turn red and it restarts the motem. I do not have a virus because i did a full scan and it didnt find anything. And bell told us that it is impossible aswell as microsoft....
  4. laptop crashes on turning on hotspot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop crashes on turning on hotspot.: Everytime i turn on hotspot It crashes. it occurs mainly when my laptop is charging. can anyone help me find out the issue and a way to solve this issue. Once i checked task manager just before it crashed i noticed that the memory usage was too high 99 to 100 %....
  5. laptop crashes on turning on hotspot.

laptop crashes on turning on hotspot.: Everytime i turn on hotspot It crashes. it occurs mainly when my laptop is charging. can anyone help me find out the issue and a way to solve this issue. Once i checked task manager just before it crashed i noticed that the memory usage was too high 99 to 100 %....
  6. Laptop turns off immediately after turn on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop turns off immediately after turn on: helloi was resetting my laptop,suddenly it started a loop for selecting "operating system",after some time i dosent boot and when i turn it on it just **** down and open again.pls tell what should i do for thisthanks!...
  7. Laptop turns off immediately after turn on

Laptop turns off immediately after turn on: helloi was resetting my laptop,suddenly it started a loop for selecting "operating system",after some time i dosent boot and when i turn it on it just **** down and open again.pls tell what should i do for thisthanks!...
  8. PC crashes after turning on

PC crashes after turning on: Whenever when I turn on my PC, it always crashes right after 5-10 seconds. it has been bothering me for a bit and I tried using scf/scannow and it said that it didn't detect any problems. I even tried updating my drivers and it still crashed after turning it on. I haven't...
  9. PC crashes after turning on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashes after turning on: Whenever when I turn on my PC, it always crashes right after 5-10 seconds. it has been bothering me for a bit and I tried using scf/scannow and it said that it didn't detect any problems. I even tried updating my drivers and it still crashed after turning it on. I haven't...
  10. PC crashes after turning on

in Windows 10 Gaming