Windows 10: Laptop Crashing with BSOD when i open the lid

Discus and support Laptop Crashing with BSOD when i open the lid in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I know this question has been posted several times, but what is different is that it doesn't crash every time. The laptop crashes only when i plug in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AtulBehera, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Laptop Crashing with BSOD when i open the lid

I know this question has been posted several times, but what is different is that it doesn't crash every time.

The laptop crashes only when i plug in the charger when the lid is down and then try to open it. It works fine when i don't plug in the charger and open the lid.

The error message on BSOD: system thread exception.

My laptop details:

Acer Aspire E5-573G-39G8 Notebook

Windows 10 pro

:)

AtulBehera, Dec 13, 2018

2. How do I prevent the Laptop from waking up from sleep if the lid is opened

Hi,

We suggest you to check the Power Management settings in
    Device Manager
    if we can change the settings. Please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows+R keys to open the Run Command.
    • Type devmgmt.msc to open Device manager.
    • Expand the System devices list.
    • If you look through the listed devices, there should be an entry for your laptop's lid. Double-clicking this will open the
      Properties panel for your device.
    • Check if the Power Management tab is available.
    • Uncheck Allow this device to wake the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Rafael Com, Dec 13, 2018
  3. rmoreau Win User
    How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

Hi,
    I want to force a shutdown when the user close the laptop lid even if MSWord is open and the document was not saved.
    Any suggestion ?

Regards

rmoreau, Dec 13, 2018
  4. mruth Win User

Laptop Crashing with BSOD when i open the lid

After Win10 Upgrade laptop doesn't wake up when opening lid

I bought a new convertible laptop and it didn't wake up when I open the lid. I've tried all the suggested solutions with the Power Management setting, I still wanted my laptop to go to sleep when I close the lid.
    The only solution that worked for me finally relates to an issue with the usb driver.
    Go to Device Manager->Universal Serial Bus Controller and select the "intel usb 3.0 extensible host" .
    Open its Properties->Power Management and uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device...".
    If you don't have this usb item it is probably another one that cause the problem. some forum threads suggest to do this uncheck to all usb devices.
    Finally my laptop wake up when I open it ! *

mruth, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Laptop Crashing with BSOD when i open the lid

1. Laptop Crashing with BSOD when i open the lid - Similar Threads - Laptop Crashing BSOD

2. Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid: I'm running Windows 10 version 21H2, and every time I close the laptop lid, when I open it I get a BSOD which says your windows insider build ran into a problem with the error IRQL_LESS_THAN_NOT_EQAL and application failed is amdkmpfd.sys When the pc automatically restarts i...
  3. Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid: I'm running Windows 10 version 21H2, and every time I close the laptop lid, when I open it I get a BSOD which says your windows insider build ran into a problem with the error IRQL_LESS_THAN_NOT_EQAL and application failed is amdkmpfd.sys When the pc automatically restarts i...
  4. Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer crashes when laptop lid closes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes when laptop lid closes: I like keeping my laptop closed while I listen to music or videos in the background. However, my computer randomly started immediately crashing when I close it and automatically restarts my entire system. I have looked through my power options, updated my display drivers,...
  6. Computer crashes when laptop lid closes

Computer crashes when laptop lid closes: I like keeping my laptop closed while I listen to music or videos in the background. However, my computer randomly started immediately crashing when I close it and automatically restarts my entire system. I have looked through my power options, updated my display drivers,...
  7. Windows 11 laptop turns on when I open the lid

Windows 11 laptop turns on when I open the lid: Hello! I find this feature very inconvenient and I'd like to change it. After looking around on the internet, people advise to open the Power Options and change it there, but even though I can choose what my laptop does when I close the lid but there is nothing that could be...
  8. BSOD when closing laptop lid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when closing laptop lid: I'm running Windows 10 version 20H2, and every time I close the laptop lid, when I open it I get a BSOD with the error IRQL_LESS_THAN_NOT_EQAL. Looking in event viewer, TPM driver has consistently failed with Event IDs 15 & 27, and then seconds later there a several...
  9. want to shutdown laptop when 'opening' lid

in Windows 10 Support
    want to shutdown laptop when 'opening' lid: i wanna shutdown my laptop when opening lid i am running a program on windows leaving the lid closed when ppl open the lid, i don't want them to see what is running on i refered to this document https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...en-wake-action and then tried below on...
  10. Opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening laptop lid: Hi Its somthing weird happening my laptop When i open the lid of my laptop more than 90 deg it shuts down It wont happen anything if i open it less than 90 deg I even reinstalled windows but its still not working Email me if u want to see its video: *** Email address is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer aspire bsod after lid open