Windows 10: Laptop crashing

Discus and support Laptop crashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Over the last 2 days my laptop has had issues. Yesterday I got a BSOD and today it just shutdown twice. After the BSOD I updated my graphics driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Remmorik, May 31, 2020.

1. Remmorik Win User

Laptop crashing

Over the last 2 days my laptop has had issues. Yesterday I got a BSOD and today it just shutdown twice. After the BSOD I updated my graphics driver because I was led to believe that was the issue. The error on the BSOD was DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. The errors from today in the reliability manager are hardware errors. I have a Lenovo Legion Y520 laptop with an Nvidia geforce gtx 1060 graphics card. Also, in the reliability manager it says "LiveKernelEvent" for the problem event name. Not sure what more info is needed. Any help is appreciated.

:)

Remmorik, May 31, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 31, 2020
  3. Random laptop crashes in games.

thats alright bro, If it does turn out to be an overheating issue, I'll let you take all the credit for suggesting it

FreedomEclipse, May 31, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

Laptop crashing

n-ster, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Laptop crashing

1. Laptop crashing - Similar Threads - Laptop crashing

2. Laptop crashed when on sign in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashed when on sign in screen: Hello,My laptop crashed and displayed a BSOD when going to the sign in screen. It says::Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you.For more information about this issue and possible fixes, visit...
  3. Laptop crashed when on sign in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop crashed when on sign in screen: Hello,My laptop crashed and displayed a BSOD when going to the sign in screen. It says::Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you.For more information about this issue and possible fixes, visit...
  4. Laptop crashed when on sign in screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My laptop keeps crashing, no BSOD, anything, just crashes and i gotta hold the power button...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps crashing, no BSOD, anything, just crashes and i gotta hold the power button...: It's been happening since July last year. I assume its a RAM issue. Currently using an MSI Pulse 17 b13vgk, which has a 4070, i7 and 16gbNo matter what I try, it's not working:- Updating Drivers- Updating in general- Looking around the web...
  6. My laptop keeps crashing, no BSOD, anything, just crashes and i gotta hold the power button...

My laptop keeps crashing, no BSOD, anything, just crashes and i gotta hold the power button...: It's been happening since July last year. I assume its a RAM issue. Currently using an MSI Pulse 17 b13vgk, which has a 4070, i7 and 16gbNo matter what I try, it's not working:- Updating Drivers- Updating in general- Looking around the web...
  7. Laptop keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps crashing: I have a Hp laptop purchased last year. There is no problem before now it keeps crashing while playing a game it starts loading suddenly screen goes bluescreen. Anyone please help me? Much appreciatedWindows 11 homeHp Spectre laptopOled 16i7 processor4GB Graphic16DDR41TB...
  8. Laptop keeps crashing

Laptop keeps crashing: I have a Hp laptop purchased last year. There is no problem before now it keeps crashing while playing a game it starts loading suddenly screen goes bluescreen. Anyone please help me? Much appreciatedWindows 11 homeHp Spectre laptopOled 16i7 processor4GB Graphic16DDR41TB...
  9. Laptop crashes when installing drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop crashes when installing drivers: My laptop crashes blue screen when installing latest gpu drivers gtx 1650 from nvidia website. It also crashes blue screen after updating to windows 11 a minute or two after boot so I have to revert it back to windows 10. Sometimes when gaming games like overwatch 2 and apex...
  10. Laptop crashes when installing drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashes when installing drivers: My laptop crashes blue screen when installing latest gpu drivers gtx 1650 from nvidia website. It also crashes blue screen after updating to windows 11 a minute or two after boot so I have to revert it back to windows 10. Sometimes when gaming games like overwatch 2 and apex...