Windows 10: Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly

Discus and support Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all,I am having an issue where my mouse cursor freezes randomly. Sometimes it's for a few seconds, sometimes it appears permanently frozen. While... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Brigette24, May 2, 2024.

1. Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly

Hi all,I am having an issue where my mouse cursor freezes randomly. Sometimes it's for a few seconds, sometimes it appears permanently frozen. While it's frozen everything else works perfectly fine - I can CLICK things with the cursor, and I can use the keyboard to navigate my browser & desktop etc. I just can't move the cursor around.One sort-of solution I have found is pressing ctrl+alt+del. It seems to kick the cursor into gear again and I am able to use it normally, at least for a couple of minutes, until it inevitably freezes again. But this solution does not work consistently.Also wh

:)

Brigette24, May 2, 2024

2. Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly

Hi all,

I am having an issue where my mouse cursor freezes randomly. Sometimes it's for a few seconds, sometimes it appears permanently frozen. While it's frozen everything else works perfectly fine - I can CLICK things with the cursor, and I can use the keyboard to navigate my browser & desktop etc. I just can't move the cursor around.

One sort-of solution I have found is pressing ctrl+alt+del. It seems to kick the cursor into gear again and I am able to use it normally, at least for a couple of minutes, until it inevitably freezes again. But this solution does not work consistently.

Also when this happens, I have noticed 1 issue with the keyboard, which is that I'm unable to long press the arrow keys to quickly navigate the cursor through text (for example if a word has 5 letters i have to press the right arrow 5 times to navigate to the end of the word). So it seems whatever is going on is affecting more than just the mouse?

I am using Windows 10 on a HP laptop, with the integrated Synaptics SMBus Touchpad. I do not currently have access to a wired mouse unfortunately.

Solutions I have tried:

1. Updating & restarting my laptop.

2. Updating the touchpad driver

3. Searching for malware by running a Quick Scan & a Microsoft Defender Offline Scan.

I'd appreciate any help, thank you!

Brigette24, May 3, 2024
  3. My laptop keep freezing randomly

My laptop keep freezing randomly without any reason,
    What I have tried:

• Cleaned the fan and use a new thermal paste.
    • Full format to the whole harddisk with a fresh windows 10.
    • I removed the second internal harddisk, and only use one.
    • I checked the harddisk for errors or bad partiotion "everything clean"
    • I checked the RAM if there is an errors or something but also it's clean.
    • I bought one peace of ram instead of two, samsung 8 DDR3 and checked the hrts, everything is correct, but still the same.
    • I removed all external devices like USB, mouse, printer, everything, also still the same.

Any idea what is going on with my laptop?
    Note: my laptop is only 1 year old, and freez randomly like two - four times a day, sometimes when I'm working, and sometimes even if the laptop just ON.

jason5137715, May 3, 2024
  4. Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly

Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, May 3, 2024
Thema:

Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly

1. Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly - Similar Threads - Laptop cursor keeps

2. Laptop touchpad cursor freezes randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop touchpad cursor freezes randomly: Hi all,I am having an issue where my touchpad cursor keeps freezing randomly. Sometimes it's for a few seconds, sometimes it appears permanently frozen. While it's frozen everything else works perfectly fine - I can CLICK things with the physical mouse buttons but no...
  3. Laptop touchpad cursor freezes randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop touchpad cursor freezes randomly: Hi all,I am having an issue where my touchpad cursor keeps freezing randomly. Sometimes it's for a few seconds, sometimes it appears permanently frozen. While it's frozen everything else works perfectly fine - I can CLICK things with the physical mouse buttons but no...
  4. Laptop touchpad cursor freezes randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly: Hi all,I am having an issue where my mouse cursor freezes randomly. Sometimes it's for a few seconds, sometimes it appears permanently frozen. While it's frozen everything else works perfectly fine - I can CLICK things with the cursor, and I can use the keyboard to navigate...
  6. Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly

Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly: Hi all,I am having an issue where my mouse cursor freezes randomly. Sometimes it's for a few seconds, sometimes it appears permanently frozen. While it's frozen everything else works perfectly fine - I can CLICK things with the cursor, and I can use the keyboard to navigate...
  7. Laptop keeps freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps freezing randomly: I had to face this problem for a long time. So I reset my laptop, but it still keeps crashing. I checked my RAM and hard disk both, but no problems found. Any solutions? I don't think there are any malware coz I didn't install anything after resetting. My PCHP 250G7 NOTEBOOK...
  8. Laptop and cursor freezes randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop and cursor freezes randomly: For nearly 2 months i have been having a problem where my laptop freezes randomly, I normally surf the web and then the cursor randomly freezes for 5 or more seconds and again unfreezes when i try to click windows button and restart the Laptop cursor freezes for 5 seconds and...
  9. My cursor keeps freezing at random times

My cursor keeps freezing at random times: This sometimes happen and other times it does not. My mouse cursor freezes for a few seconds and starts to move again normally. It keeps on happening every once a minute. I tried to update my mouse drivers but it didnot solve the issue. I uninstalled the drivers t and...
  10. Laptop Keeps Freezing, Randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Keeps Freezing, Randomly: hi guys i really need some advice, my laptop started freezing recently and its so random, i've tried overloading it, i've tried doing basic tasks and iv also just started it up and it keep freezing, it stutters for a few seconds then stops, and stays stuck until i force...