Windows 10: Laptop cursor not working and cursor file missing/corrupt

Discus and support Laptop cursor not working and cursor file missing/corrupt in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm unable to use the touchpad on my laptop and after a lot of checking on my laptop, it says that a file called "pin_eoa.cur" is either missing or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SprockySprik, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Laptop cursor not working and cursor file missing/corrupt

I'm unable to use the touchpad on my laptop and after a lot of checking on my laptop, it says that a file called "pin_eoa.cur" is either missing or corrupt. It says that it contains the "Location Select" cursor. However, whenever I use command sfc/scannow, it says all files are working properly. How can I recover this file and fix my touchpad again? Laptop cursor not working and cursor file missing/corrupt 8feae774-ee08-4b6d-b810-2f6d868e2b8e?upload=true.png

:)

SprockySprik, Feb 3, 2020
  2. Dan_S_J Win User

Cursor files corrupt or missing

My laptop just completely froze, couldn't press any buttons or move mouse and screen was frozen but music was still playing so I had to do a hard reboot and when I turned it back on I had a larger looking cursor and an hour glass next to it when things
    were loading like older windows OS had. I went to change it back to the windows 10 cursor in mouse and trackpad setting but as soon as I open up the pointer tab in additional mouse options I get a pop up telling me all of my aero.cur files are either missing
    or corrupt. Restarting laptop again had no effect.
    Laptop cursor not working and cursor file missing/corrupt 8181a302-621b-404c-81d4-a21e00d9043c.jpg

Dan_S_J, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Vertical lines behind text cursor. HELP!

Hi,

It is possible that the vertical lines behind text cursor that you see, is can be due to corruptions. To better isolate your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the Meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article by clicking on this

link
    . It will let you scan for corruptions and restore corrupted files.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Laptop cursor not working and cursor file missing/corrupt

cursor

Hi Tammy,

One possible cause why your cursor was not working properly due to a corrupted system file. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What specific task are you trying to do?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Laptop cursor not working and cursor file missing/corrupt

1. Laptop cursor not working and cursor file missing/corrupt - Similar Threads - Laptop cursor working

2. cursor miss

in Windows 10 Customization
    cursor miss: My cursor is missing in my laptop and it doesn't work. What should I do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-miss/3aa5553b-74de-4393-8fe9-d0c4d4aa2469
  3. cursor miss

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cursor miss: My cursor is missing in my laptop and it doesn't work. What should I do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-miss/3aa5553b-74de-4393-8fe9-d0c4d4aa2469
  4. laptop touchpad cursor missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop touchpad cursor missing: so I got back from school and I turned my laptop on and my cursor was gone. my little brother was playing on it so I don't know if he did som3ething to it but a solution would be nice. I have got a mouse and that works however the touchpad is unresponsive. if anyone has a fix...
  5. laptop touchpad cursor missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop touchpad cursor missing: so I got back from school and I turned my laptop on and my cursor was gone. my little brother was playing on it so I don't know if he did som3ething to it but a solution would be nice. I have got a mouse and that works however the touchpad is unresponsive. if anyone has a fix...
  6. laptop touchpad cursor missing

7. Mouse cursor file missing/corrupted

Mouse cursor file missing/corrupted: Hi, Recently I noticed that I am not able to change my cursor. I went to personalize>Themes>Mouse cursor. When I clicked on "Mouse cursor" this error message pops up. I remembered that at the first day when I bought my PC I used to change my cursor into black. But no such...
  8. Cursor missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor missing: My cursor has disappeared and also in the device manager there is no "mouse and pointing devices" present. I have updated my Windows and tried several available solutions but to no avail. Kindly help...
  9. Missing cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing cursor: My cursor is no longer showing on my Lenovo desktop screen which uses Window 10. How do I get it back? I use a wireless mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-cursor/6c954797-0e99-46fc-93e1-4a1ab27b0649
  10. Cursor is missing

Cursor is missing: My puppy walked across my laptop keyboard and now my cursor is nowhere to be found on the screen. How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-is-missing/ac4ad4a2-0a52-435c-890a-60317ef15488

Users found this page by searching for:

1. which contain the location select cursor is either missing or corrupt

2. pin_eoa.cur is missing error

3. cursor files corrupted windows 10