Windows 10: LAPTOP D drive is missing

Discus and support LAPTOP D drive is missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; While playing an early access game on Steam, the screen went black, all LED status lights turned off, had to attempt to hard power off for multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GRNFLYR, Jun 30, 2021.

1. GRNFLYR Win User

LAPTOP D drive is missing

While playing an early access game on Steam, the screen went black, all LED status lights turned off, had to attempt to hard power off for multiple times. After powering back on, D drive is missing. I have tried unplugging A/C power, holding down power button for 60 seconds, plugging back in then turning computer back on; D drive is still missing. Note: this is a high powered, gaming laptop bought new in May of 2019, battery is not removeable, running latest up to date version of Windows 10. The C and D drives are separate SSD devices.

:)

GRNFLYR, Jun 30, 2021

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jun 30, 2021
  3. Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 30, 2021
  4. WiIfred P Win User

Drive D:/ missing !!!

Hi Victoria,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about the missing Drive D.

If your drive is not available or not visible on the disk management, it means that there's a problem with the connection of it whether on the power or the data of it.

The first thing that you would need to check is the device manager and see if the hard drive is showing up on it. Then check the BIOS of your computer or laptop (it would depend on the brand of your computer or laptop) then check if your hard drive can be detected
    by the BIOS. After that, if you're confident enough to open up your laptop or computer, you may try to reseat both cables of the internal HDD.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

1. LAPTOP D drive is missing - Similar Threads - LAPTOP drive missing

2. missing d: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing d: drive: my recently installed d: is not in file explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-d-drive/f25a365d-31af-45d7-8073-580b1581516f
  3. D Drive Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D Drive Missing: Hello I was wondering if anyone had an answer to my problem. I left home early Thursday morning and everything was fine with my computer, but after I got home I turned it on and noticed my D drive was missing. How can I get my D drive back, and how can I prevent this...
  4. missing d drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    missing d drive: [ATTACH] hello i was just minding my own business but yesterday my d drive disappeared randomly prob cause of an update? i was wondering if i can get any help of retrieving my d drive and my files T T new simple volume and other options has been greyed out in the disk 1...
  5. Missing D: drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing D: drive: So today, I woke up and found my D: drive was completely missing. All of the game launchers I had which had games on the D: drive said that those games were uninstalled. Any help would be appreciated....
  6. Missing D drive

Missing D drive: I was stuck in preparing automatic repair loop for 2 days and somehow managed to system restore to two days previously which seemed to solve the problem. However, I have now lost my D drive. In Disk management I have Disk 1 partition 1; 100MB; Windows C, 16.52 GB and WINRE...
  7. Missing D: drive

Missing D: drive: Hello, I have tried to get assistance over the phone from both Microsoft support and Dell support, but each of these methods require payment that I just can't afford at this time. I am hopeful someone here may have some experience with this problem I am having and at least...
  8. D Drive missing

D Drive missing: My D drive keeps randomly disappearing. I've gone into Disk Management, and it is not there at all. Nothing to recover or reassign. Sometimes I can restart my computer and it reappears, but this is inconsistent. Thoughts?...
  9. D drive missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    D drive missing: HI, After windows 10 update my D drive is missing. And it works fine if I change the drive letter. But the weird issue is the system shows C and D drives as the same drive.( A new D drive got created and is same as C drive). How do I delete this unnecessary D drive?...
  10. D: Drive is missing

D: Drive is missing: Hello! My laptop ran out of charge before yesterday so I charged it and opened it up, then I suddenly found that my D: Drive which contains all my games and important files is missing. It's been 2 days now and I have yet to find an actual working solution. Someone please...