Windows 10: Laptop dead after Windows 10 Auto Updates

Discus and support Laptop dead after Windows 10 Auto Updates in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo G500 that is now dead after auto installing Windows 10 updates. Webcam power and Battery light comes once but nothing else. Please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by D'Mitri Bailey, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Laptop dead after Windows 10 Auto Updates

I have a Lenovo G500 that is now dead after auto installing Windows 10 updates.

Webcam power and Battery light comes once but nothing else.

Please advise. I have deadlines that I now will probably miss now.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

:)

D'Mitri Bailey, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jul 13, 2018
  3. w10 auto play dead

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn on auto play for DVD and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”.
    • Go to “Control panel”.
    • Click on “auto play”.
    • Under the tab “choose what happens when you insert each type of media or device” check the box “Use auto play for all media and devices”.
    • Then under the option DVD you can select the appropriate option and check if it helps.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Kreij Win User

Laptop dead after Windows 10 Auto Updates

Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

Kreij, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Laptop dead after Windows 10 Auto Updates

1. Laptop dead after Windows 10 Auto Updates - Similar Threads - Laptop dead Auto

2. Dead tablet after updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dead tablet after updates.: I have an Rca Cambio W101 V2 tablet. I installed the windows updates and now the tablet is dead, no power light. Nothing . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dead-tablet-after-updates/a30def34-14ab-42ef-8b56-1ecc4331a6eb
  3. Laptop is dead after updating to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is dead after updating to Windows 11: Bro windows 11 just killed my <snip> laptop. What the hell. I updated to windows 11 and then my laptop immediately shut down and won’t turn on again. How am I supposed to use it now? And I don’t have the money for a new one, so thanks for that. I used to love windows but...
  4. Laptop is dead after updating to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is dead after updating to Windows 11: Bro windows 11 just killed my <snip> laptop. What the hell. I updated to windows 11 and then my laptop immediately shut down and won’t turn on again. How am I supposed to use it now? And I don’t have the money for a new one, so thanks for that. I used to love windows but...
  5. Hdd dead after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hdd dead after Windows 10 update: Hi,Recent "mandatory" Windows 10 update killed my storage hdd. I tried to restore to previous win version with no success. When I power on my pc with killed hdd inside, it starts hard disk recovery which shows loading time for over a month and rising basically gets stuck at...
  6. Laptop dead after Windows Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop dead after Windows Update: Laptop: Asus TUF Gaming A15, Ryzen 7 4800H with RTX 2060. 4 months old, purchased July this year. The device was working as intended all that time. Today I allowed it to download all those Windows updates - there was a whole bunch of them, 1.27GB worth, Windows, .NET, AMD,...
  7. laptop dead crash after installing windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop dead crash after installing windows updates: Today when i was installling pending updates for the windows the updates starts smotthely but after restart its a dead. It not at all wotking . I think windows update has corrupted bios setting also. it not showing the boot menu or bios setting. When I am pressing start...
  8. Laptop with dead battery after the last Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop with dead battery after the last Windows 10 update: Hello. I run a Lenovo z50 Windows 10 Laptop and the battery was working fine (approx 2 hours+) until I ran the latest update earlier this week. Since that update the battery is totally dead and will not take a charge. Has anyone else had a similar issue and is there a way...
  9. Laptop with Windows 10 dead

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop with Windows 10 dead: My laptop running Win 10 will not turn on. When I push the Start button nothing happens except the Start button background light goes on and off 5-6 times. John...
  10. Laptop dead after Windows 10 Auto Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop dead after Windows 10 Auto Updates: I have a Lenovo G500 that is now dead after auto installing Windows 10 updates. Webcam power and Battery light comes once but nothing else. Please advise. I have deadlines that I now will probably miss now....