Windows 10: laptop detecting movement while lid is closed

Discus and support laptop detecting movement while lid is closed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Hp 15n-204tx is almost five years old. And since the date, I have noticed that when my laptop lid is closed and if I hold it vertically, it stops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Soumya kantiMaitra, Oct 10, 2018.

1. laptop detecting movement while lid is closed

My Hp 15n-204tx is almost five years old. And since the date, I have noticed that when my laptop lid is closed and if I hold it vertically, it stops playing music and HDD indicator also turning red (task pause) from white (normal). But when lid is open, its all fine no matter in which angle I hold it. The moment I again reposition it normally, resumes playing music. I can't detect if its a feature or a fault, but two of my friends who bought the same model, face same thing. Can anyone tell me why this happens? if this is for any sensor or something?

Note: My laptop doesn't have a single issue regarding anything and I'm using latest Windows 10 October update smoothly.

I am completely aware that this community is only for OS related issues, but still I'm posting it because I'm so much driven by enthusiasm.

:)

Soumya kantiMaitra, Oct 10, 2018
  2. Ruz San Win User

Laptop restarts after closing the lid

Hi,

It appears that your laptop hibernates when you close its lid. This feature terminates running processes on your machine since it allows the system to use very little power. If
    Do nothing is already selected for Choose what closing the lid does
    in Power Options, let's try to make hibernation unavailable. Follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Windows icon on your home screen.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Click Yes if you get a prompt window.
    • Type powercfg.exe /hibernate off then press Enter.
    See if this will prevent the laptop from hibernating when you close the lid.

Let us know how it turns out.

Ruz San, Oct 10, 2018
  3. rmoreau Win User
    How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

Hi,
    I want to force a shutdown when the user close the laptop lid even if MSWord is open and the document was not saved.
    Any suggestion ?

Regards

rmoreau, Oct 10, 2018
  4. laptop detecting movement while lid is closed

Laptop does not shutdown when i click shutdown and close the lid, it sleeps instead.

Hi Gan,

This scenario happens when your Power Options is misconfigured. For us to have this isolated, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Select Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Select Power & sleep tab.
    • On the right side, click on Additional power settings.
    • On the left pane, select Choose what closing the lid does.
    • Under Power button and lid settings, click the drop down next to
      When I close the lid.
    • Select Shut down.
    • Click on Save changes button.
    • When you’re ready to make your PC shut down, close your laptop's lid.

Note: Every time that you will close the lid, your laptop will automatically shut down.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

laptop detecting movement while lid is closed

1. laptop detecting movement while lid is closed - Similar Threads - laptop detecting movement

2. disabling lid detection when you close the lid of your laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disabling lid detection when you close the lid of your laptop: I need help disabling lid detection when you close the lid of your laptop. I am using windows 11 and I am using the hp 14 laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-lid-detection-when-you-close-the-lid-of/5fdf5007-2217-4647-850c-ccec6ded4c7e
  3. disabling lid detection when you close the lid of your laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disabling lid detection when you close the lid of your laptop: I need help disabling lid detection when you close the lid of your laptop. I am using windows 11 and I am using the hp 14 laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-lid-detection-when-you-close-the-lid-of/5fdf5007-2217-4647-850c-ccec6ded4c7e
  4. Computer doesn't detect the lid closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer doesn't detect the lid closing: Hi so I've tried everything I can find and nothing is working. My computer won't sleep when the lid is closed. I have done the whole control panel thing to set it to sleep and nothing. I have done countless restarts etc. I even disabled the touch screen in case that was the...
  5. Computer doesn't detect the lid closing

Computer doesn't detect the lid closing: Hi so I've tried everything I can find and nothing is working. My computer won't sleep when the lid is closed. I have done the whole control panel thing to set it to sleep and nothing. I have done countless restarts etc. I even disabled the touch screen in case that was the...
  6. Laptop keeps on shut down while closing the lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps on shut down while closing the lid: My HP laptop keeps on shut sown while closing the lid. I am using currently windows 11 and I updated to this version " 2021-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5006674" last night. Since then I am facing this issue 1. I have checked the settings and it...
  7. Laptop keeps on shut down while closing the lid

Laptop keeps on shut down while closing the lid: My HP laptop keeps on shut sown while closing the lid. I am using currently windows 11 and I updated to this version " 2021-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5006674" last night. Since then I am facing this issue 1. I have checked the settings and it...
  8. Keeping monitor screen on while laptop lid is closed.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keeping monitor screen on while laptop lid is closed.: Hello I have an Acer Swift 5 laptop connected to an HP monitor through HDMI to Vga connecting cable. Whenever I close the lid of my laptop the duplicated display on the monitor vanishes. I have tried the option mentioned below. But still, I am facing the same problem....
  9. Keep monitor on while laptop lid is closed.

Keep monitor on while laptop lid is closed.: Hello I have an Acer Swift 5 laptop connected to an HP monitor through HDMI to Vga connecting cable. Whenever I close the lid of my laptop the duplicated display on the monitor vanishes. I have tried the option mentioned below. But still, I am facing the same problem....
  10. Close Lid Laptop Hibernates

Close Lid Laptop Hibernates: Hi! I have followed the Advanced Power Settings threads and chose "Do Nothing" when I close the lid. That's not working! When I close the lid, the laptop hibernates and all the monitors go to sleep - it says no power connection! Please help!...