Windows 10: Laptop detecting wrong phone.

Discus and support Laptop detecting wrong phone. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When plugged via USB, my laptop detects an S8 instead of my S10. I had previously used an S8 to connect to this laptop a long time ago. I also cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Petrikke, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Laptop detecting wrong phone.

When plugged via USB, my laptop detects an S8 instead of my S10. I had previously used an S8 to connect to this laptop a long time ago. I also cannot access my media due to not detecting my S10. What should I do to fix this? Thanks.

submitted by /u/Petrikke
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Petrikke, Mar 18, 2020

2. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Windows phone is not detecting

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to connect the phone to another computer and check if it gets detected. Also, check if the phone gets detected by connecting with a different USB cable.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 18, 2020
  4. meebers Win User

Laptop detecting wrong phone.

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Laptop detecting wrong phone.

1. Laptop detecting wrong phone. - Similar Threads - Laptop detecting wrong

2. Wrong phone number verification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong phone number verification: I had to get a new phone with a new number and can’t access my school blackboard account because the verification is always the old number. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-phone-number-verification/14394ecf-d384-4a75-bd3a-c8a25b1d44a4
  3. Wrong phone number verification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong phone number verification: I had to get a new phone with a new number and can’t access my school blackboard account because the verification is always the old number. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-phone-number-verification/14394ecf-d384-4a75-bd3a-c8a25b1d44a4
  4. Wrong phone number verification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Phone not detected on Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Phone not detected on Windows 10 Laptop: My device screen is not responsive so I can't unlock my phone. I checked the device manager and my phone only shows up under Universal Serial Bus devices and not Portable Devices. What should I do? submitted by /u/peepooniba [link] [comments]...
  6. Friend made laptop account under wrong phone number

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Friend made laptop account under wrong phone number: So, my friend, unknowingly created the account for their laptop, one digit off from their phone number, and when their laptop logged them out, they are now stuck out of it. Someone's help would be appreciated before we have to resort to clearing it! submitted by...
  7. my laptop is not able to detect wifi hotspot of redmi phones though other android phones...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my laptop is not able to detect wifi hotspot of redmi phones though other android phones...: my laptop is not able to detect wifi hotspot of redmi phones though other android phones are detecting and already connected to that wifi hotspot...
  8. Windows is detecting the wrong time zone. What's wrong?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows is detecting the wrong time zone. What's wrong?: Hi, I'm normally in Texas but I have been in Panama for a few weeks which is on the same time zone as Texas. Now I am back in Texas (central time) For some reason now, windows thinks im in Pacific time if I let it set time zone automatically. I have location permission on so...
  9. Laptop doesn’t detect my phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop doesn’t detect my phone: My laptop doesn’t detect other devices. I know that the ports work correctly, charging over the USB also works but I cannot drop the files from the phone to the laptop. Previously I had USB port detection issue. Is it the case?...
  10. Wrong time zone detected

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong time zone detected: When I go up to my cabin, Windows always changes my time zone to Pacific. I'm in Mountain Time, and I actually go east to get to the cabin. I don't know if it's the IP address, or the WiFi network, or what, but it happens every time. If I go into Time settings and disable...