Windows 10: laptop device camera is not working, can you help

Discus and support laptop device camera is not working, can you help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; laptop device camera is not working, can you help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Selma13, May 12, 2020.

1. Selma13 Win User

laptop device camera is not working, can you help

:)

Selma13, May 12, 2020

2. Camera not working

This is not a plug and play device, it's built into my laptop.. lol.

Sorry my bad for not mentioning, the program does install and seem to work fine. It did work when I first installed it, but it stopped working. Even if I freshly reinstall.

Errors are as followed..

When I open the program:

A webcam was not found or is not working properly.
    Please click connect button and try again.

When I click the connect button....

Camera not found. The camera is in use by another application, or not connected. Make sure the camera is connected and working properly, then try again.

It is connected properly, and there are no other programs running in the back ground.

ihavenoname, May 12, 2020
  3. Camera on laptop not working

Hello Ferrandino,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the camera is not working in your PC. We will help you.

As per the description above, you have tried troubleshooting and still the camera is not working. This could be a hardware issue in your PC.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What all steps did you try to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any recent hardware or software changes prior to the issue?
    • Did you try updating or reinstalling the camera drivers?
    • What is the exact make and model of your machine?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 12, 2020
  4. laptop device camera is not working, can you help

Camera on Laptop Not Working

Hi Neil,

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers on your device.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there is any yellow exclamation point on WebCam in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand WebCam drives under
      Imaging devices
      , right click on the driver.
    • Click on Properties and check the
      device status.
    • If not, select Update Driver Software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

If the issue is with the Camera app,

Step 3: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the webcam for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 12, 2020
Thema:

1. laptop device camera is not working, can you help - Similar Threads - laptop device camera

2. Help needed with HP laptop camera not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help needed with HP laptop camera not working.: I just discovered that my hp laptop camera isn't working. The screen is blank when I try to take a photo or switch my video on for meetings. Several attempts to troubleshoot have failed. I either get 0xA00F4240/ 4292 error codes. Has anyone been able to resolve such. Help...
  3. Help needed with HP laptop camera not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help needed with HP laptop camera not working.: I just discovered that my hp laptop camera isn't working. The screen is blank when I try to take a photo or switch my video on for meetings. Several attempts to troubleshoot have failed. I either get 0xA00F4240/ 4292 error codes. Has anyone been able to resolve such. Help...
  4. Help needed with HP laptop camera not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Help needed with HP laptop camera not working.

6. sound device issue can you please help

sound device issue can you please help: Hi, all my audio devices stopped working, there is an x in the sound icon in the tray,and a message saying no sound devices installed. I checked in the device manager and theyre all there, but not seem to be running. I ran a audio trouble shooter and it said it needed to...
  7. sound device issue can you please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound device issue can you please help: Hi, all my audio devices stopped working, there is an x in the sound icon in the tray,and a message saying no sound devices installed. I checked in the device manager and theyre all there, but not seem to be running. I ran a audio trouble shooter and it said it needed to...
  8. my camera on asus laptop is not working. anyone can help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my camera on asus laptop is not working. anyone can help: hi, my camera is not working im using asus model https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-on-asus-laptop-is-not-working-anyone-can/d2a3c949-4431-4989-9dd6-70aa41560da5
  9. Can you help with my camera?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you help with my camera?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/b7jow4ahlne51.png?width=1287&format=png&auto=webp&s=c01f4eec0483d22b5c422dfa6c403205a367071c submitted by /u/SnooCrickets2052 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i2jobe/can_you_help_with_my_camera/
  10. Conexant device Fail. Can you help?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Conexant device Fail. Can you help?: Gang I am having a bad time trying to get Conexant audio to work. With the original Windows 10 install, from 8.1 via the wire [Home edition], the Audio device drivers were installed. on casual look things appeared ok until I looked in Dev Manager, in Properties, in the Events...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no camera in device manager