Windows 10: Laptop died during an update

Discus and support Laptop died during an update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Today, a really bad storm hit my house, and knocked out the power. Anyway, my laptop was updating when this happened, and it died while we were without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Red_Regalia99, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Laptop died during an update

Today, a really bad storm hit my house, and knocked out the power. Anyway, my laptop was updating when this happened, and it died while we were without power. I turned my computer on once we had power back, and it says "undoing changes made to your computer". I just want to know if my computer is going to be okay and how long it might be before it finishes undoing these changes.

submitted by /u/Red_Regalia99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Red_Regalia99, Mar 27, 2021
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Laptop adapter died

Typically the power circuitry in the laptop will have voltage regulators that will step down the voltage anyway to the required internal voltage. Most can take some slop

Beertintedgoggles, Mar 27, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Laptop died during an update

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Laptop died during an update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

Laptop died during an update

1. Laptop died during an update - Similar Threads - Laptop died during

2. Laptop died during refresh

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop died during refresh: I have windows 8.1 and received message to either refresh or reset. I got the part where I saw my files. Then asus kept pushing updates. I received black box system32\cmd.exe 1 file copied. Then asus popped up with another update notice. It went into restart and now I have a...
  3. Laptop died during refresh

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop died during refresh: I have windows 8.1 and received message to either refresh or reset. I got the part where I saw my files. Then asus kept pushing updates. I received black box system32\cmd.exe 1 file copied. Then asus popped up with another update notice. It went into restart and now I have a...
  4. Laptop dies after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop dies after update: My laptop had been updated as of april and it died during update and now the display won't turn on as well as the keyboard touchpad and ports. It is charging and now showing any sign of booting into windows but it does turn on Pls help me!...
  5. my laptop died while updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my laptop died while updating: my laptop died whilst updating, i’ve turned it on and it’s been stuck on the screen saying “undoing changes made to your computer” any advice? will my computer and data be okay? submitted by /u/shadyxmcr [link] [comments]...
  6. Compiter died during update

Compiter died during update: My Computer turned itself off while windows 10 was updating and now it wont turn back on, anyone know what is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compiter-died-during-update/03bdd2fc-3533-434e-90b1-30c1c71a8113
  7. Laptop was beeping during an update

Laptop was beeping during an update: I was wondering if this was concerning. I did a sfc /scannow afterni did another command in command prompt. I reset it and it sayd preparing windows update and it was beeping while updating. The update line was green with a white border around it....
  8. Laptop died during reset and reinstalling windows 10

Laptop died during reset and reinstalling windows 10: So, i wanted to reset my laptop (its an ASUS if that matters) as it was running slow. I started a full reset wiping everything and went to bed. However, somehow my laptop got unplugged and was dead when i woke up. Now it will start and i only get these three screens :...
  9. Closing a laptop during an update

Closing a laptop during an update: It was time for me to go to sleep when my mom noticed my computer was still on she said it should be turned off but I tell her I can't because the laptop is updating, and then she grabs my laptop and closes it and puts it outside in the living room out of my reach, then today...
  10. Dying laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Dying laptop: Good evening to all,Hope someone can give me some advice. I have a dying hp laptop been having small problems very often. Have done a complete windows reset for the third time beginning of the week so decided to go and get another newer model. don't use it for any hard work...