Windows 10: Laptop died during reset and reinstalling windows 10

Discus and support Laptop died during reset and reinstalling windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, i wanted to reset my laptop (its an ASUS if that matters) as it was running slow. I started a full reset wiping everything and went to bed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by geiner112, Oct 21, 2019.

1. geiner112 Win User

Laptop died during reset and reinstalling windows 10

So, i wanted to reset my laptop (its an ASUS if that matters) as it was running slow. I started a full reset wiping everything and went to bed. However, somehow my laptop got unplugged and was dead when i woke up. Now it will start and i only get these three screens :

Laptop died during reset and reinstalling windows 10 [​IMG]Laptop died during reset and reinstalling windows 10 [​IMG]Laptop died during reset and reinstalling windows 10 [​IMG]

After this the whole thing restarts and just does the same thing, over and over. I have windows 10 on a USB but nothing seems to work to get out of this loop!

help!!!

:)

geiner112, Oct 21, 2019
  2. Kursah Win User

Most painless way to reinstall windows 10?

It depends on the junk accumulated honestly, but there are various methods. You can always remove programs, delete download folder, media locations, etc. As some have suggested, keeping some items on a separate internal storage drive is an option as well. Depends on what you have, what your budget is and how you want to handle your system and data.

The method @RejZoR suggests is sound and a method I've used dozens if not hundreds of time with great success in the field. In many cases though the goal is to keep user data intact, and to repair the OS. In place upgrade as it is called is also only doable in that method if you can boot to desktop, if you can't, it is time for some more advanced options or a format & reinstall.

With Windows 8 and 10 there are refresh and reset options that can be leveraged as well. Hold Shift and click Restart to reboot your system, this will get you into the advanced boot menu, which you'll need to choose advanced options (I forget ATM what it is called) and choose one of a couple items, refresh or reset.

Refresh is essentially In Place Upgrade but a little more aggressive as it wipes the Windows Apps and you may need to reinstall programs. Reset is like an OS reinstall, wipes user data, wipes profiles, registry, performs a install from the system image. Often times I'll do this and bypass using a USB key on a system. Though there are instances where these options will not work if a system has a level of corruption that has not been repaired/resolved. Check the OS Repair link in my sig for more info if ya need.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Reset laptop in Windows 10

Hi,

Resetting your laptop thru the Settings app is the safest and easiest way to reset your computer. Check out this article:
    Reset or reinstall Windows 10. Follow the steps on how to reset your PC.

Note: Resetting your computer will wipe all the files and data on your laptop. We suggest backing up important files on your computer to avoid data loss.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query any time.

Martin Bar, Oct 21, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Laptop died during reset and reinstalling windows 10 :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop died during reset and reinstalling windows 10 - Similar Threads - Laptop died during

2. Error during system reset specifically windows reinstallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error during system reset specifically windows reinstallation: Hello,So recently I was factory resetting my pc until my screen went black for an extended period of time there was no power related issues just system onesSo I turned the pc off and on again and then I was presented with "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an...
  3. Error during system reset specifically windows reinstallation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error during system reset specifically windows reinstallation: Hello,So recently I was factory resetting my pc until my screen went black for an extended period of time there was no power related issues just system onesSo I turned the pc off and on again and then I was presented with "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an...
  4. Laptop died during refresh

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop died during refresh: I have windows 8.1 and received message to either refresh or reset. I got the part where I saw my files. Then asus kept pushing updates. I received black box system32\cmd.exe 1 file copied. Then asus popped up with another update notice. It went into restart and now I have a...
  5. Laptop died during refresh

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop died during refresh: I have windows 8.1 and received message to either refresh or reset. I got the part where I saw my files. Then asus kept pushing updates. I received black box system32\cmd.exe 1 file copied. Then asus popped up with another update notice. It went into restart and now I have a...
  6. Error during system reset specifically windows reinstallation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error during system reset specifically windows reinstallation: Hi there,I recently tried resetting my Lenovo laptop, but during the reinstallation of windows windows 10 it suddenly switched off low battery, after recharging it and switching it on , suddenly a error popped up citing " The computer...
  7. Laptop died during an update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop died during an update: Today, a really bad storm hit my house, and knocked out the power. Anyway, my laptop was updating when this happened, and it died while we were without power. I turned my computer on once we had power back, and it says "undoing changes made to your computer". I just want to...
  8. Windows Tablet died during reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Tablet died during reset: Hi i reset my windows tablet and while i was watching tv i saw it died so i put it to charge and upon turning it on it said Nuvision (my tablets manufactuer) then as normal it goes to the windows logo with the spinning thingy for 9 seconds then turns black for a sec then was...
  9. Windows Table died during reset

Windows Table died during reset: Hi i reset my windows tablet and while i was watching tv i saw it died so i put it to charge and upon turning it on it said Nuvision (my tablets manufactuer) then as normal it goes to the windows logo with the spinning thingy for 9 seconds then turns black for a sec then was...
  10. Laptop died during "remove everything" reset - black screens and no bootable device.

Laptop died during "remove everything" reset - black screens and no bootable device.: Okay, so I'm stuck. I have a Toshiba laptop I hadn't used in several years, replacing it with my work Dell instead. When the Dell crapped out, I went back to the Toshiba, and decided to just start fresh with it. The battery only works when plugged in (separate issue I hadn't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop died during reset