Windows 10: Laptop died one day from what i assume was a windows update

Discus and support Laptop died one day from what i assume was a windows update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I currently own a spectre 360x hp laptop which has a i7 10th gen a MX250 nvidia dedicated card and half a tb of space. One day i was using my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RomanBolanos, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Laptop died one day from what i assume was a windows update

Hello! I currently own a spectre 360x hp laptop which has a i7 10th gen a MX250 nvidia dedicated card and half a tb of space. One day i was using my laptop perfectly fine, than the next it can't even run terraria at 30fps. The only way to have anything run smoothly is to have it to the lowest possible setting, first I updated the laptop twice and nothing. Than I deleted 50gb worth of files since my storage was pretty much full, still nothing. I went to task manager and it looks like "Desktop windows manager" Is using the majority of my gpu, it can range from 20% gpu to 70% gpu and it usually does this while i'm gaming. I am currently on OS build 19041.388. I bought this laptop in december of 2019 and got it brand new, it is still like new it has zero scratches or breaks and has never had a problem. Please help me!

quick edit: I assume it was from a windows update due to the night before right before i turned off my laptop it wanted to update so i just let it update and shut down

:)

RomanBolanos, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Aug 11, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Laptop died one day from what i assume was a windows update

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Laptop died one day from what i assume was a windows update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Laptop died one day from what i assume was a windows update

1. Laptop died one day from what i assume was a windows update - Similar Threads - Laptop died assume

2. Update was stucked at 95% since from last one day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update was stucked at 95% since from last one day: I'm facing a update issue in my laptop since yesterday it was at 95% on blue screen while we are restart the laptop please help me from this problem I need to work...
  3. Update was stucked at 95% since from last one day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update was stucked at 95% since from last one day: I'm facing a update issue in my laptop since yesterday it was at 95% on blue screen while we are restart the laptop please help me from this problem I need to work...
  4. Been experiencing BSOD, since what I can assume is my last windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Been experiencing BSOD, since what I can assume is my last windows update.: Lately I've been experiencing the following "Blue Screen Of Death" and I can't pinpoint what the cause might be. a couple of times it happened when booting into windowsAll together I've experienced 4 BSOD, 3 of them are what you see below, and one was a...
  5. Been experiencing BSOD, since what I can assume is my last windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Been experiencing BSOD, since what I can assume is my last windows update.: Lately I've been experiencing the following "Blue Screen Of Death" and I can't pinpoint what the cause might be. a couple of times it happened when booting into windowsAll together I've experienced 4 BSOD, 3 of them are what you see below, and one was a...
  6. Been experiencing BSOD, since what I can assume is my last windows update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Laptop dies after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop dies after update: My laptop had been updated as of april and it died during update and now the display won't turn on as well as the keyboard touchpad and ports. It is charging and now showing any sign of booting into windows but it does turn on Pls help me!...
  8. Laptop died during an update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop died during an update: Today, a really bad storm hit my house, and knocked out the power. Anyway, my laptop was updating when this happened, and it died while we were without power. I turned my computer on once we had power back, and it says "undoing changes made to your computer". I just want to...
  9. Got a charge for $265 I ****assume*** for 365. What is going on?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Got a charge for $265 I ****assume*** for 365. What is going on?: What robbery. I need it reversed and now. I called the phony and useless "billing department" where I had to repeat everything V E R Y S L O W L Y three times. Was told it was a commercial bill and they need a commercial email address. I use gmail. Like G M A I L. Anyway,...
  10. Windows from day one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows from day one: Windows 10 OS is nothing short of data mining SPYWARE. Microsoft, The hackers ****. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-from-day-one/0a48b50a-e7eb-4437-99c6-b7c08da9691d