Windows 10: Laptop died suddenly - battery issue

Discus and support Laptop died suddenly - battery issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, Lately I've had my laptop plugged in a lot because I've been running some design analysis software thats required a long time to solve. Anyway... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by shotta287, Apr 8, 2016.

1. shotta287 Win User

Laptop died suddenly - battery issue

Hi all,
    Lately I've had my laptop plugged in a lot because I've been running some design analysis software thats required a long time to solve. Anyway my laptop suddenly just cut off today whilst on battery. Straight away I assumed it was the battery as I had a similar issue back in 2010 with my old device. I've had my current laptop for about 2 and a half years. I ran a battery report which came up with the following information:
    • Cycle count: 489
    • Design capacity: 48840
    • Last full charge: 38373
    So its obvious my battery isn't at full capacity as expected. However, could this be the cause of it randomly losing power? I'm thinking more of a calibration issue. Any ideas on how to calibrate?

Many thanks in advance!

:)

shotta287, Apr 8, 2016
  2. Zerathon Win User

Laptop battery suddenly died

Dear Microsoft members,

I was using my laptop normally when it just turned off. I tried to turn it on but it said the battery had run out. I plugged it in and it booted fine. The problem is, I didn't get any low battery messages or anything as such. I'm quite sure it was halfway...

I'm a little bit worried after hearing about rats, keyloggers e.t.c so I ran a malwarebytes scan with nothing bad. I heard they can bypass security so i cleared my passwords e.t.c and shut it down. Still haven't turned it on and it's been 16 hours since.

Can anyone help me detect anything further? I'm a bit paranoid.

HP Laptop, 3 Years Old. Ask me for more specs.

Zerathon, Apr 8, 2016
  3. Zerathon Win User
    Laptop battery suddenly died

Could you tell me if there's a chance of it being malware?

If not, I'll just leave it as it is then see a technician if it gets worse.

Thanks!

Zerathon, Apr 8, 2016
  4. shotta287 Win User

An update; its happened a few times now, mainly when the battery is at about 10%, the machine just turns off. I tried the Samsung Battery Calibration Tool in BIOS which supposedly drains your battery fully, but even on there the laptop just turns off abruptly when the % level is at 10%. Is anybody able to help?
    A side note, whenever my charger is plugged in, no matter what the battery %, it always says 01 min until fully charged. I have no idea what is happening with my battery!

shotta287, Apr 11, 2016
  5. Kyhi Win User
    YES

6. shotta287 Win User
    Is there any way of recalibrating my battery? I'm sure Windows notifies you if your battery is deffective and needs replacing, so I don't want to go and buy a new one just yet..

shotta287, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop died suddenly - battery issue - Similar Threads - Laptop died suddenly

2. Laptop Battery Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Battery Issue: The battery of the laptop stops at a certain percentage. When the laptop was new, then the laptop charged 100%. And after a few months, it is decreasing. First, it was stuck on 80% and it does not go above that. Now it's stuck at 23%. It's not charging above that and I've to...
  3. Laptop Battery Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Battery Issue: The battery of the laptop stops at a certain percentage. When the laptop was new, then the laptop charged 100%. And after a few months, it is decreasing. First, it was stuck on 80% and it does not go above that. Now it's stuck at 23%. It's not charging above that and I've to...
  4. Laptop Battery Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Toshiba laptop battery keeps dying despite new battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba laptop battery keeps dying despite new battery: I've recently got yet another new battery for my Toshiba s50. However I don't think the battery is getting charged properly as the indicators when charging don't match up and it discharges way too quickly for a new battery. Are there any settings I'm missing here? This is an...
  6. Laptop Battery died at 20%

Laptop Battery died at 20%: I've had the laptop for maybe 9 months. Today i had 20% battery life left and when it popped up that the battery was low and in battery saver mode, it then immediately went to 0% and shut off, why would it do this? how can i fix it or keep it from happening again?...
  7. Laptop battery issue

Laptop battery issue: My laptop battery stopped charging after Windows update. I have 2004 version installed. Now I can charge my PC only using plug-in. When I hover the mouse on the battery icon, it shows 100% charged but in fact it is empty. Asus laptop...
  8. Laptop suddenly dies

Laptop suddenly dies: Sooo.... the nightmare continues. I had problems with my laptop before, with the graphics card, in which, i discoverd that it was the graphics card driver. Today I tried to turn it on, and the screen did not turn on, I mean not even the black that appears when it is...
  9. Battery issues in Laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery issues in Laptop: My battery is well-charged and works fine when power cord is not plugged in. But when I use my laptop with the power cord plugged in, I get a quick message that the battery is low then immediately shuts down my computer. When that happens, I unplug my power cord and reboot...
  10. Laptop battery issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop battery issue: I have two identical model Toshiba laptops (L755 Satelite).. One has W7 and was working great with about a 5-6 hour time use on my 12-cell battery. The other has W10 but was only getting 2 1/2 hours on a cheap 6-cell battery. So, I bought a good quality 12-cell battery and...