Windows 10: Laptop dies after update

Discus and support Laptop dies after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop had been updated as of april and it died during update and now the display won't turn on as well as the keyboard touchpad and ports. It is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LegendDA, Apr 3, 2021.

1. LegendDA Win User

Laptop dies after update

My laptop had been updated as of april and it died during update and now the display won't turn on as well as the keyboard touchpad and ports. It is charging and now showing any sign of booting into windows but it does turn on

Pls help me!

:)

LegendDA, Apr 3, 2021
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Laptop adapter died

Typically the power circuitry in the laptop will have voltage regulators that will step down the voltage anyway to the required internal voltage. Most can take some slop

Beertintedgoggles, Apr 3, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Laptop dies after update

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Laptop dies after update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

Laptop dies after update

1. Laptop dies after update - Similar Threads - Laptop dies update

2. Laptop died no power after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop died no power after latest Windows update: Hi all,I have been using a Lenovo v130-15iKB laptop for the last few years and it has always worked perfectly. After noticing that a new update was available I installed the latest Windows 10 update this morning 18th June 2022 and my laptop then died completely. There’s no...
  3. Laptop died no power after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop died no power after latest Windows update: Hi all,I have been using a Lenovo v130-15iKB laptop for the last few years and it has always worked perfectly. After noticing that a new update was available I installed the latest Windows 10 update this morning 18th June 2022 and my laptop then died completely. There’s no...
  4. Laptop died no power after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Laptop died during an update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop died during an update: Today, a really bad storm hit my house, and knocked out the power. Anyway, my laptop was updating when this happened, and it died while we were without power. I turned my computer on once we had power back, and it says "undoing changes made to your computer". I just want to...
  6. my laptop died while updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my laptop died while updating: my laptop died whilst updating, i’ve turned it on and it’s been stuck on the screen saying “undoing changes made to your computer” any advice? will my computer and data be okay? submitted by /u/shadyxmcr [link] [comments]...
  7. Laptop suddenly dies

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop suddenly dies: Sooo.... the nightmare continues. I had problems with my laptop before, with the graphics card, in which, i discoverd that it was the graphics card driver. Today I tried to turn it on, and the screen did not turn on, I mean not even the black that appears when it is...
  8. Taskbar dies after W10 update

Taskbar dies after W10 update: Since updating last week without obvious problem I now find that my taskbar dies, as does anything on the desktop, meaning that the mouse pointer moves but nothing works. This happens when I have come back to the PC after no activity for a while. It comes back up but then I...
  9. Dying laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Dying laptop: Good evening to all,Hope someone can give me some advice. I have a dying hp laptop been having small problems very often. Have done a complete windows reset for the third time beginning of the week so decided to go and get another newer model. don't use it for any hard work...
  10. Laptop Died After Win 10 Update

Laptop Died After Win 10 Update: Need some expert help here folks. Sister's laptop was restored to factory settings which included installation of Win 10 and updates. After restarting this morning I am just getting these two messages in rotation and no boot up: "Please wait while we install system update"...