Windows 10: Laptop disk displays as basic instead of removable

Discus and support Laptop disk displays as basic instead of removable in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I did a clean disk on my hard drive and when I plugged it in to my laptop it wasn't being recognised so I created a new disk volume in disk management... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lin77777, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Lin77777 Win User

Laptop disk displays as basic instead of removable

I did a clean disk on my hard drive and when I plugged it in to my laptop it wasn't being recognised so I created a new disk volume in disk management but the disk type appears as basic rather than removable. I settings in properties is already set to the quick optionDoes anyone know how to change the disk type back to removable ?

:)

Lin77777, Aug 9, 2022
  2. Jetster Win User

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Aug 9, 2022
  3. Jonas Flo Win User
    how to convert Dynamic disk to Basic disk without data loss ?

Hi,

The process of conversion is quite tricky but not exactly that complicated. Suggested safe is to have your data cloned and work on the clone instead of the original. This suggestions and steps were provided by one of the Microsoft Community Forum MVP's,
    John John__ in his response on this thread. Follow the steps carefully
    to be able to avoid data loss.

I hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Aug 9, 2022
  4. Laptop disk displays as basic instead of removable

Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Aug 9, 2022
Thema:

Laptop disk displays as basic instead of removable

1. Laptop disk displays as basic instead of removable - Similar Threads - Laptop disk displays

2. Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk: Hello guys!Today I need your help because if not then I'll be in danger. Now what happened is that I was trying to split a E drive in disk management tool. So when I did so it gave me a warning message saying that the disk will be a dynamic one and that the PC will not be...
  3. Display shows microsoft basic display driver instead of my gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display shows microsoft basic display driver instead of my gpu: Recently bought laptop gigabyte g5 kd i5-11400h rtx3060. I installed graphic drivers, so now my graphic card shows in the list of devices, but whenever I launch a game in a fullscreen mode it looks like a slide show. When I use window mode it's pretty smooth. I've tried to...
  4. Display shows microsoft basic display driver instead of my gpu

Display shows microsoft basic display driver instead of my gpu: Recently bought laptop gigabyte g5 kd i5-11400h rtx3060. I installed graphic drivers, so now my graphic card shows in the list of devices, but whenever I launch a game in a fullscreen mode it looks like a slide show. When I use window mode it's pretty smooth. I've tried to...
  5. Display shows microsoft basic display driver instead of my gpu

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. basic display windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    basic display windows: my computer graphics have been bad ever since I reset my pc- I wanted to play games like osu! and the sims, but it wouldn't let me open it and other games would be extremely laggy with like very few fps. after some research, i realized i had the microsoft basic display...
  7. basic display windows

basic display windows: my computer graphics have been bad ever since I reset my pc- I wanted to play games like osu! and the sims, but it wouldn't let me open it and other games would be extremely laggy with like very few fps. after some research, i realized i had the microsoft basic display...
  8. Laptop disk displays as basic instead of removable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop disk displays as basic instead of removable: I did a clean disk on my hard drive and when I plugged it in to my laptop it wasn't being recognised so I created a new disk volume in disk management but the disk type appears as basic rather than removable. I settings in properties is already set to the quick optionDoes...
  9. Laptop disk displays as basic instead of removable

Laptop disk displays as basic instead of removable: I did a clean disk on my hard drive and when I plugged it in to my laptop it wasn't being recognised so I created a new disk volume in disk management but the disk type appears as basic rather than removable. I settings in properties is already set to the quick optionDoes...
  10. Display driver failed to start using microsoft basic display driver instead

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display driver failed to start using microsoft basic display driver instead: HI, Ever since the recent 1909 update my pc has been freezing even tho voice keeps continuing .. Discord calls are still connected and I can hear the other person clearly ; A disconnect reconnect device sound come and I have to restart the pc with the physical button. My...