Windows 10: Laptop display after sleep

Discus and support Laptop display after sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi 1. I have set my Windows 10 laptop to sleep after 10min and turn off display after 5 min. It works fine no issues. 2. I have schedule a task in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by banduHarisch, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Laptop display after sleep

Hi

1. I have set my Windows 10 laptop to sleep after 10min and turn off display after 5 min. It works fine no issues.

2. I have schedule a task in Task Scheduler to run Google Chrome at 6:15 AM while laptop in sleep mode.

3. I have enable wake the computer to run this task in Conditions tab.

4. Google Chrome starts at 6:15 AM and wake up the laptop from sleep and no issue.

5. My issue is however display doesn't turn on when Google Chrome starts running.

6. Display remains turn off until I touch the Touchpad and when I touch Touchpad display turns on.

Please advise how the display also to be turn on automatically when starting Google Chrome.

Harisch

:)

banduHarisch, Nov 16, 2018

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Jetster Win User
    Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Laptop display after sleep

Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Laptop display after sleep

1. Laptop display after sleep - Similar Threads - Laptop display sleep

2. Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?: My settings are to turn off the display after a few minutes but to never put the laptop to sleep. However, every time I leave my laptop alone and the 'display' turns off, I have to login? I don't want to have to login every time my laptop screen dims! I just got a new laptop...
  3. Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?: My settings are to turn off the display after a few minutes but to never put the laptop to sleep. However, every time I leave my laptop alone and the 'display' turns off, I have to login? I don't want to have to login every time my laptop screen dims! I just got a new laptop...
  4. Displays wakes immediately after sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Displays wakes immediately after sleep: I have a 15 minute timer for display sleep and a 30 minute timer for the PC. And started a day or 2 ago, my displays will wake up immediately after they go to sleep on the time out. If I set the display sleep to never, the PC will go into sleep on the 30 minute time out...
  5. Display doesn't wake after putting my laptop to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Display doesn't wake after putting my laptop to sleep: Most of the times, my display doesn't come back or wake at all even if I try to open it via the power button. Moreover, even if it does come back, my laptop loses sound. 163914
  6. problem with display after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    problem with display after sleep mode: hey. so i have gaming laptop, now its working on the battery i woke up my pc from sleep mode and that what happens every time , what can cuse this ? https://i.imgur.com/sTSe30m.png https://i.imgur.com/GRknaDM.png submitted by /u/Shadowshoot [link] [comments]...
  7. Laptop stops responding after sleep when connected to second display

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop stops responding after sleep when connected to second display: Hello, This problem is a bit weird so I don't know if it really has a solution. I usually use my laptop connected to a second monitor. It happens sometimes that, after putting it to sleep by closing the lid on my laptop if that matters, when I open the lid again the...
  8. Laptop stops responding after sleep when connected to second display

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop stops responding after sleep when connected to second display: Hello, This problem is a bit weird so I don't know if it really has a solution. I usually use my laptop connected to a second monitor. It happens sometimes that, after putting it to sleep by closing the lid on my laptop if that matters, when I open the lid again the...
  9. Laptop Sleeps After connecting to monitor through Display port and closing lid

Laptop Sleeps After connecting to monitor through Display port and closing lid: I already set laptop to never sleeps but every time i close the lid the laptop says locking after a while and lock the laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-sleeps-after-connecting-to-monitor-through/5992c0d7-68df-447e-8e92-d648ed3c896d
  10. display sleeps after 2 minutes

display sleeps after 2 minutes: All hibernation and sleep settings set to NEVER Hard disc set to 360 minutes and still my display closes after 2 minutes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-sleeps-after-2-minutes/d3eb9eec-7064-4cf2-a7dd-6739cb877ffd