Windows 10: Laptop display dim, but only on battery

Discus and support Laptop display dim, but only on battery in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After upgrade to W10 from 8.1, Laptop display is dim, but only when I boot up on battery power. Samsung NP470R5E with Intel HD Graphics 4000 When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MikeQpmz, Dec 24, 2018.

1. MikeQpmz Win User

Laptop display dim, but only on battery

After upgrade to W10 from 8.1, Laptop display is dim, but only when I boot up on battery power. Samsung NP470R5E with Intel HD Graphics 4000

When plugged in, the display has normal brightness.

If I disconnect the power it stays bright.

If I shutdown and restart on battery, the display is dim and cannot be brightened with the function keys.

When I go into settings, all display indicators falsely report 100% brightness.

If I connect mains power after starting on battery, the display remains dim.

All display and monitor drivers have been reviewed and are up to date.

All monitor and display drivers have been uninstalled and reinstalled.

All battery power saving setting have been reviewed. Everything reset to maximum performance.

All display and monitor settings have been reviewed, including advanced settings, and set to maximum performance/100% brightness, etc.

Multiple other combinations of settings tested for battery and display.

sfc/scannow did not find any "integrity violations"

Display remained dim after restart on battery in all tested combinations of settings

:)

MikeQpmz, Dec 24, 2018

2. Laptop goes brighter when on battery, dim when plugged in

My dads laptop has been having this issue for a bit he says. He was having an error on boot that had an issue with the battery. And his battery couldnt hold a charge so i had him replace it. Thats all gone, but the dimming issue when plugged in is still there. I adjusted the brightness in ATI catalyst control panel but that just changed the white balance more than anything. I cant find a brightness setting in Win XP like I can in windows 7. Suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    display dimming

Hi,

There's a possibility that this issue is due to the Display settings of your device. For us to isolate your concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Is it only happening when you connect your device to Windows 10?
    • If it's not connected, have you noticed certain activities wherein the screen dims automatically?
    • Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Joan Pin, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Laptop display dim, but only on battery

Adaptive Dimming

Thank you for providing your answer to the questions.

If that did not resolve your concern, follow the steps below:

• Go back to the first setting that you've tried (Refer to your screenshot).
    • Under Dimmed display brightness, change the value of
      On battery
      and Plugged in option to "0".
    • Click Apply and restart your computer.
    Changing the value to "0" won't automatically reduce the display brightness of your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Kenneth Mon, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Laptop display dim, but only on battery

1. Laptop display dim, but only on battery - Similar Threads - Laptop display dim

2. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display auto-dim: The display brightness on my LG gram 16" always changes to 50% when I wake the laptop. I already disabled auto-brightness in Settings, kept all drivers & the system up-to-date, and changed power options in Control Panel; but still doesn't work. This started happening on...
  3. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display auto-dim: The display brightness on my LG gram 16" always changes to 50% when I wake the laptop. I already disabled auto-brightness in Settings, kept all drivers & the system up-to-date, and changed power options in Control Panel; but still doesn't work. This started happening on...
  4. Display dims on battery power, even when fully charged.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display dims on battery power, even when fully charged.: Hi All, An annoying problem here, can you please help me. My laptop display dims on battery power, even when fully charged. Every time I need to readjust the brightness. I went through the settings I could not get the setting where we set brightness for Battery and...
  5. Display dims on battery power, even when fully charged.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display dims on battery power, even when fully charged.: Hi All, An annoying problem here, can you please help me. My laptop display dims on battery power, even when fully charged. Every time I need to readjust the brightness. I went through the settings I could not get the setting where we set brightness for Battery and...
  6. Display dims on battery power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display dims on battery power: No matter how many settings I tweak, I cannot get the display on my laptop to remain bright if I unplug it. It dims to an unacceptable level Any suggestions on how to fix this would be welcomed. Thanks...
  7. Display Dim on Waking (Windows 10 HDR Only)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Dim on Waking (Windows 10 HDR Only): My 4k HDR monitor (LG 32UD99-W) is always dim when it is awakened from a sleep state. This is only fixed (temporarily) by selecting a different display mode on the monitor and then re-selecting the original display mode, or by de-activating and re-activating HDR in Windows....
  8. Display Automatic Dimming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display Automatic Dimming: If I try to watch a video on my laptop, the screen will automatically dim its contrast once the mouse icon disappears. How do I get this automatic diming and dulling of the display screen to remain as vibrant as it should be....
  9. Laptop screen dims on battery

Laptop screen dims on battery: Hello. This appears to be new behavior windows 1809 installed. I have a dell precision M6700. When the background is darkish the backlight light dims, when you open a browser window or something bright the brightness increases. This is not a quick action and as a result is...
  10. Laptop screen dims on battery

Laptop screen dims on battery: Hello. This appears to be new behavior windows 1809 installed. I have a dell precision M6700. When the background is darkish the backlight light dims, when you open a browser window or something bright the brightness increases. This is not a quick action and as a result is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dim display battery

2. windows 10 screen dims on battery

3. dim display on battery

4. laptop display dim only on battery,
  5. laptop dims on battery,
  6. laptop display dims on battery,
  7. monitor dims on battery,
  8. dim display when on battery,
  9. lenovo laptop dims on battery power,
  10. dim screen on laptop on battery,
  11. battery dim display,