Windows 10: Laptop display flickers, but will not display anything

Discus and support Laptop display flickers, but will not display anything in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello! This morning (around 9 AM Eastern, 2019-06-17), I turned on my computer, and signed in. On the welcome screen however, the computer froze up,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Michael Kavelish, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Laptop display flickers, but will not display anything

Hello!

This morning (around 9 AM Eastern, 2019-06-17), I turned on my computer, and signed in. On the welcome screen however, the computer froze up, and after performing a hard shutdown, it would not boot. I've gotten it to boot up a couple of times, only to get a Blue Screen. I've reset my PC, and it works fine, but for some reason, the computer will not resume from sleep mode. The display will flicker, but will not display anything. I've updated my BIOS and Chipset, yet nothing else happened/nothing worked.

Any possible solutions?

:)

Michael Kavelish, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Jetster Win User

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Display flickering in Windows 10

Hi Ravi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with display on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ incompatible/ outdated display drivers, try the below and check if it helps.

As updating the drivers couldn't resolve the issue, I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the display drivers in safe mode and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to place the computer in Safe mode with Networking.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in
    Windows 10

Step 2: Uninstall and update the display driver

Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter
      and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Do the same as above steps, right click on the
      Display Adapter and click on Update Driver Software.
    Also refer: How to: Install and Update driversin Windows 10

Step 3: Place the computer in normal mode and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as
      Normal startup, click on Apply
      and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

For more information refer to: Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10 for
    flickering screen.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Laptop display flickers, but will not display anything

Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Laptop display flickers, but will not display anything

1. Laptop display flickers, but will not display anything - Similar Threads - Laptop display flickers

2. Display or screen flickers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display or screen flickers: My screen flickers for every 2 minutes and I dont know what is going on. I dont think it is a hardware concern since this is a brand new machine. Windows is also updated and I dont make any changes on this PC....
  3. Flickering display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flickering display: I'm running Windows 10 version 21H1 on a recently refurbished Dell Optiplex 9020 desktop with a new 27" Dell monitor. The display flickers every 3 seconds and, for the first second of the flicker, the bottom1/3 of the display is covered by a virtual gray film. Have followed...
  4. Flickering screen / no display on laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Flickering screen / no display on laptop: Hello, i have a issue with the display after the following update. KB5000808. I am using dell laptop 5558, with intel hd graphics 4400. At present I am using the pc by connecting it to my TV. Unfortunately I have no restore point to restore my laptop. If I try to uninstall...
  5. display flickers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display flickers: I have an Hp 2311 X display and the screen has been flickering for a few months but is getting worse . i have the lastest display drivers AMD Redeon 5 . Any idea what could be causing it ?...
  6. Display flickering problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display flickering problem: Hi there, I am facing a critical problem in my asus laptop model no x412ua. I just purchased it recently. Everything is working fine and smooth in windows 10 except there are some flickering issue which persist. I googled some information and found out that any...
  7. Display Flickering

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Flickering: I have been using the dell inspiron 13 5378 for 3 years now and have not had any issue except for some on and off heating issues .. Recently, my laptop display has started to flicker. I have updated drivers, changed refresh rate, rebooted and have done everything to fix it on...
  8. Display Settings Flickering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display Settings Flickering: I'm trying to experiment with some Resolution issues in my Settings. However, when I try to, the settings are constantly flickering/blinking. When I press them (eg. Display Resolution), it opens the dropdown for a fraction of a second and then automatically closes. Then it...
  9. display flicker

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    display flicker: while I connect to microsoft account in laptop . im using windows 10 Lenovo ideapad , I tired to solve this problem , plz help me ??????????????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-flicker/5aedffd9-e128-42a8-84bc-88ddb715d9a2"
  10. laptop doesn't boot or display anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop doesn't boot or display anything: I got blue screen, when i plucked out usb connecting my raspberry pi. the laptop didnt restarted after getting to 100%. so i pressed the power button and when I switched it again, the screen is blank, the keyboard isn't working cant access the bios but the fan's working.. Im...