Windows 10: Laptop Display is not turned ON when Waking from Sleep

Discus and support Laptop Display is not turned ON when Waking from Sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; One more bug in my project to run Win10 on an older HP/CPQ CQ60 model. All working ok now except for a consistent, replicable problem with Display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cognus, Oct 7, 2019.

1. cognus Win User

Laptop Display is not turned ON when Waking from Sleep

One more bug in my project to run Win10 on an older HP/CPQ CQ60 model. All working ok now except for a consistent, replicable problem with Display being turned-on when awakening from Sleep mode. The display is just shown in Device Mgr as a PNP Monitor device, which is pretty standard for laptops. HP lists no .inf file for the monitor. When awakening, I can easily get display on an external monitor, but the laptop's own diplay is simply off. No other issues showing.

Is there a Registry entry I can make to "turn on display when awakening" or something? I don't see any relevant power settings that would affect the right behavior. I've replicated the problem a dozen times with no misses, so it is very consistent.

thanks for a tip!
    C

:)

cognus, Oct 7, 2019

2. computer wake-up after sleep

Did all the steps exactly as shown above and "Allow this device to wake the computer" was already selected.

I think you might have miss-understood the problem. It appears that the computer is waking up, but it doesn't re-connect to my display. I have to turn off the display and turn it back on to get my display to to re-connect. This was not a problem prior to
    the last Win 10 upgrade.

Bill McCormick_5407, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Laptop display after sleep

Hi

1. I have set my Windows 10 laptop to sleep after 10min and turn off display after 5 min. It works fine no issues.

2. I have schedule a task in Task Scheduler to run Google Chrome at 6:15 AM while laptop in sleep mode.

3. I have enable wake the computer to run this task in
    Conditions
    tab.

4. Google Chrome starts at 6:15 AM and wake up the laptop from sleep and no issue.

5. My issue is however display doesn't turn on when Google Chrome starts running.

6. Display remains turn off until I touch the Touchpad and when I touch Touchpad display turns on.

Please advise how the display also to be turn on automatically when starting Google Chrome.

Harisch

banduHarisch, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Laptop Display is not turned ON when Waking from Sleep

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

Laptop Display is not turned ON when Waking from Sleep

1. Laptop Display is not turned ON when Waking from Sleep - Similar Threads - Laptop Display turned

2. Recently when my laptop wakes up from sleep, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recently when my laptop wakes up from sleep, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!: After I updated my windows 10 cumulative update, display driver and some other network drivers a few days ago, I faced this problem which is annoying a lot. I put my laptop on sleep and after a couple of minutes I opened the lid of it and started a timer waiting for display...
  3. Recently when my laptop wakes up from sleep, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently when my laptop wakes up from sleep, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!: After I updated my windows 10 cumulative update, display driver and some other network drivers a few days ago, I faced this problem which is annoying a lot. I put my laptop on sleep and after a couple of minutes I opened the lid of it and started a timer waiting for display...
  4. Recently when my laptop wakes up from sleep, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Second monitor display freezes when waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor display freezes when waking from sleep.: Pressing CTL+Shift+Windows+B will reset the display as will a reboot of the computer. But whatever I had open on the display is closed so this is inconvenient. I have extended the screensaver timeout, but I still reach the limit sometimes. The problem started sometime second...
  6. Second monitor display freezes when waking from sleep.

Second monitor display freezes when waking from sleep.: Pressing CTL+Shift+Windows+B will reset the display as will a reboot of the computer. But whatever I had open on the display is closed so this is inconvenient. I have extended the screensaver timeout, but I still reach the limit sometimes. The problem started sometime second...
  7. Display won't turn on after waking up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display won't turn on after waking up from sleep.: What can I do if my laptop’s screen stays black after sleep? I try to wake it up but nothing shows up on the display no matter what key or button I press. The only thing that works is putting it back to sleep with the keyboard shortcut fn + esc, but when I try to wake it up...
  8. Display won't turn on after waking up from sleep.

Display won't turn on after waking up from sleep.: What can I do if my laptop’s screen stays black after sleep? I try to wake it up but nothing shows up on the display no matter what key or button I press. The only thing that works is putting it back to sleep with the keyboard shortcut fn + esc, but when I try to wake it up...
  9. BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep: I am currently using a DELL laptop. When I try to wake up my laptop, it takes up around 10 seconds to display the lock screen. However, sometimes the laptop would just crash, leaving a blue screen with this stop code behind: WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Here is a link to my...
  10. "no signal"display port to monitor when waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "no signal"display port to monitor when waking from sleep.: this started yesterday,after updating windows.the screen stays dead when waking it,and theres something weird with the kb+mouse,too.kb turns on/off when clicking mouse. please help!...