Windows 10: Laptop display issue

Discus and support Laptop display issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The display only shows half of the screen. The other half is black with multi color vertical lines. Have not used the laptop for a long while 1+... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Miren KarmeleAlvarez, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Laptop display issue

The display only shows half of the screen. The other half is black with multi color vertical lines. Have not used the laptop for a long while 1+ years then recently worked on it again. Has anyone had this issue before?

:)

Miren KarmeleAlvarez, Oct 19, 2020
  2. Jetster Win User

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Laptop display issue

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Laptop display issue

1. Laptop display issue - Similar Threads - Laptop display issue

2. Laptop Display Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Display Issue: This question refers to VB6 which I know is no longer supported however I believe this is a Windows 10 issue.It's slightly difficult to explain. It happens when I click on any control on the VB6 IDE, an existing control or when adding a new one. As an example, having added a...
  3. Laptop Display Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Display Issue: This question refers to VB6 which I know is no longer supported however I believe this is a Windows 10 issue.It's slightly difficult to explain. It happens when I click on any control on the VB6 IDE, an existing control or when adding a new one. As an example, having added a...
  4. Laptop Display Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. laptop display issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop display issue: i have a thinkpad x100e the displayy does not turn on and even with vga monitor there is no display....but previously there was no display and when i used to connect to monitor the display used to turn on backlight and even monitor would work and i could adjust the laptop...
  6. Display issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display issues: Hi, Recently, I started having display problems on both the laptop screen and the external screen. The software looks weird image attached It is not consistent which software looks like this and which does not. what can we do? [IMG]...
  7. Display Issue with windows Laptop

Display Issue with windows Laptop: Hello, My name's Nate. Recently I've been having a very specific display based glitch with my system that started earlier this week. I've only been able to observe two similarly, possibly linked examples of this bug, and while it's not a major hindrance I'm worried what...
  8. Issues displaying laptop to tv

Issues displaying laptop to tv: When I use GOOGLE CHROME to try to case my laptop to the TV I get a message that the source cannot be detected. How do I troubleshoot the issues? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-displaying-laptop-to-tv/9e7f1105-3f3b-4581-a04f-e7ba72ee43c2
  9. Issue Mirroring Display from Laptop to TV

Issue Mirroring Display from Laptop to TV: I have a Dell laptop that was running Windows 7 yesterday. I connected the laptop to my TV using an HDMI cable and everything that appeared on the laptop display also appeared on the TV. Control remained with the laptop. Unfortunately, when I called up a streaming news...
  10. Laptop restarting-Graphics/Display driver issue

Laptop restarting-Graphics/Display driver issue: Been using Windows 10 for a while. Just started getting stopcodes and Windows restarting. Seems to only happen when running a website with graphics. Using an older laptop with Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family WDDM 1.1 which has been discontinued and appears to...