Windows 10: Laptop display not displaying game correctly, but external TV does???

Discus and support Laptop display not displaying game correctly, but external TV does??? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Ok so this is a weird one. I have a Dell inspiron running windows 10. I bought this really old game, Pharoah which I really enjoy playing. My problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MirusO'Kelly, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Laptop display not displaying game correctly, but external TV does???

Ok so this is a weird one. I have a Dell inspiron running windows 10. I bought this really old game, Pharoah which I really enjoy playing. My problem comes in when I try and play it when my external TV is not connected via HDMI as a display. On the TV it displays fine (other than the black corners due to the game wanting to run in a smaller resolution, but that was solved), HOWEVER when I try to play the game on my laptop...it doesn't display correctly. Keep in mind that both displays are running at 1920x1080, but with the laptops display...it kinda looks like it's cut off...and I actually have to move my mouse to a different part of the screen to have it correspond to the button I want to click on...so basically...let's say I wanna click on new game, me moving my mouse onto new game doesn't work...I have to move say 4.5 cm to the top right for it to register on that button.

Thanks for the help in advance.

:)

MirusO'Kelly, Jan 3, 2019
  2. Jetster Win User

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Jan 3, 2019
  3. n1trox Win User
    Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

I only have 1 computer (the laptop) and 1 external monitor. The laptop cannot detect its own screen.

So when I follow your steps, this is what happens:

• Go to Settings. (Done)
    • Click on System. (Done)
    • Under System, choose Display. (Done)
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply. (Done)
    • But then I undock my laptop and redock. Re-login, etc.
    • Only the external display turns on. The laptop does not turn on its own display. In order to get the laptop display to wake up, I need to follow steps 1-4 again. The settign "Duplicate these displays" does not seem to be retained.

n1trox, Jan 3, 2019
  4. bkoop1111 Win User

Laptop display not displaying game correctly, but external TV does???

Lenova laptop will no longer display to tv

After upgrading to Windows 10 my laptop will no longer display to my TV. I used to hook up my Lenova notebook to my LG tv via HDMI cable, now nothing works to get it to display to the TV. I've upgraded the graphics card, tried all the suggestions on numerous
    help sites, nothing works! No function key, not monitor display options, his must be a bug in Win10.

bkoop1111, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Laptop display not displaying game correctly, but external TV does???

1. Laptop display not displaying game correctly, but external TV does??? - Similar Threads - Laptop display displaying

2. External monitor resolution does not display correctly when display settings are set to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor resolution does not display correctly when display settings are set to...: The SystemI have a laptop: Asus ROG Zephyrus S17 running windows 11 and an external ultrawide monitor: LG 38GN950 with a native resolution of 3840x1600, it is an ultrawide monitor. which is connected via the laptops HDMI output to the monitors HDMI input. The laptop uses...
  3. External monitor resolution does not display correctly when display settings are set to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitor resolution does not display correctly when display settings are set to...: The SystemI have a laptop: Asus ROG Zephyrus S17 running windows 11 and an external ultrawide monitor: LG 38GN950 with a native resolution of 3840x1600, it is an ultrawide monitor. which is connected via the laptops HDMI output to the monitors HDMI input. The laptop uses...
  4. Problem identifying TV display correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem identifying TV display correctly: I have a strange issue... Just moved into a flat with a new TV. First time I plugged my laptop in via HDMI, it worked fine. The next day, plugged it in - only displayed in 640x480 Rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled display drivers, no change. Tried it my other laptop...
  5. My display on HP Pavilion laptop does not display correct colors.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My display on HP Pavilion laptop does not display correct colors.: I have tried to adjust display setting but the yellow displays green and blues and red are slightly off. when i download a smpte chart the colors are not correct on my monitor. although they print correctly. How can i correct them?...
  6. Issues displaying laptop to tv

Issues displaying laptop to tv: When I use GOOGLE CHROME to try to case my laptop to the TV I get a message that the source cannot be detected. How do I troubleshoot the issues? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-displaying-laptop-to-tv/9e7f1105-3f3b-4581-a04f-e7ba72ee43c2
  7. game purchased, not displaying correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game purchased, not displaying correctly: I purchased the full Fairway Solitaire game earlier but I only have the unpaid version showing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-purchased-not-displaying-correctly/8c519e3e-5b74-4d34-af79-86df55637f68
  8. Connect No Display Laptop to external display

Connect No Display Laptop to external display: My Toshiba running laptop has display problem since the update of display driver. There were blue vertical lines on screen but now when I turn on the laptop, there's a black screen. I want to connect my laptop to my BRAVIA TV using HDMI cable. But there shows no signal and as...
  9. TV Display

TV Display: How to I connect Windows 10 laptop to display on TV using HDMI https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/tv-display/085a18f1-272e-4af9-9b99-30df070b7dbc
  10. My GPU won't display correctly on the TV.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    My GPU won't display correctly on the TV.: I conneced my PC to the TV and what displays on the TV is quiete different than on my monitor. On the TV, my Menu bar is at the bottom where as on PC it's at the top, there are no desktop shortcuts, and I can't see my mouse cusor or any open apps unless I move them towards...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pharoah displays fine on external display but not on the laptop screen - windows 10