Windows 10: Laptop Display Panel switch on/off hotkeyfn +f7 suddenly not working after ram upgrade.

Discus and support Laptop Display Panel switch on/off hotkeyfn +f7 suddenly not working after ram upgrade. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop model is: ASUS ROG gl522vw-dm205t Since last week when I upgraded my laptop ram from 8GB to its maximum upgrade capacity32GB, my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mangouyuu, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Mangouyuu Win User

Laptop Display Panel switch on/off hotkeyfn +f7 suddenly not working after ram upgrade.

My laptop model is: ASUS ROG gl522vw-dm205t

Since last week when I upgraded my laptop ram from 8GB to its maximum upgrade capacity32GB, my laptop display panel switch on/off hotkey suddenly does not function properly.

Other laptop hotkeys all work fine., however, only when I try to turn off my laptop display panel by pressing the hotkey fn + f7for this model that is, the Laptop display panel blinks for about 3 seconds.

Is there a way to solve this issue?

Thank You in advance.

:)

Mangouyuu, Feb 17, 2021
  2. Jetster Win User

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Feb 17, 2021
  3. aronchick Win User
    Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Feb 17, 2021
  4. smestep Win User

Laptop Display Panel switch on/off hotkeyfn +f7 suddenly not working after ram upgrade.

keyboard on laptop not working after upgrade, had to switch to on screen keyboard.

keyboard on laptop not working after upgrade, had to switch to on screen keyboard. suggestions?

smestep, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Laptop Display Panel switch on/off hotkeyfn +f7 suddenly not working after ram upgrade. - Similar Threads - Laptop Display Panel

2. Display off suddenly, while using laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display off suddenly, while using laptop: Hello everyone, My laptop is Avita liber v14, with and ryzen5 3500u,I'm facing this issue after 2 months of purchase, when I boot it , sometimes display turned of Immediately, but keyboard light and fan running. Sometimes after boot and signing in, it turns of , sometimes...
  3. Suddenly display off while using laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly display off while using laptop: Hello everyone, My laptop is Avita liber v14, with and ryzen5 3500u,I'm facing this issue after 2 months of purchase, when I boot it , sometimes display turned ofImmediately, but keyboard light and fan running. Sometimes after boot and signing in, it turns of , sometimes...
  4. Suddenly display off while using laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suddenly display off while using laptop: Hello everyone, My laptop is Avita liber v14, with and ryzen5 3500u,I'm facing this issue after 2 months of purchase, when I boot it , sometimes display turned ofImmediately, but keyboard light and fan running. Sometimes after boot and signing in, it turns of , sometimes...
  5. Laptop Slow after Ram Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Slow after Ram Upgrade: Hello! after upgrading my laptops ram from 8gb to 16gb it started running slower, i tried reinstalling the 8gb stick, like the way it was before, it got better but in games i kept having a lot of stuttering, i tried running a memtest but it said that everything was okayI have...
  6. Laptop Slow after Ram Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Slow after Ram Upgrade: Hello! after upgrading my laptops ram from 8gb to 16gb it started running slower, i tried reinstalling the 8gb stick, like the way it was before, it got better but in games i kept having a lot of stuttering, i tried running a memtest but it said that everything was okayI have...
  7. ASUS ROG Laptop Display Panel switch on/off hotkeyfn +f7 suddenly not working after ram...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ASUS ROG Laptop Display Panel switch on/off hotkeyfn +f7 suddenly not working after ram...: My laptop model is: ASUS ROG gl552vw-dm205t Since last week when I upgraded my laptop ram from 8GB to its maximum upgrade capacity32GB, my laptop display panel switch on/off hotkey suddenly does not function properly. Other laptop hotkeys all work fine., however, only...
  8. Laptop turns off after switching on?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turns off after switching on?: I was working on my laptop (hp win 10) and went away for a moment and when I came back it was off when I turned it on I had a black screen and when I turned it off it turned off when I tried to turn it on it turned off with a clacking sound I tried to turn it on again and got...
  9. Suddenly volume is switching on/off.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Suddenly volume is switching on/off.: Suddenly my laptop have a weird issue . Volume is switching on/off continuously and hangs my cursor moves .For more reference i have added below one short video. You can see left top in video for issue. https://streamable.com/uu9u4...
  10. function keys f6, f7 and f8 suddenly turned off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    function keys f6, f7 and f8 suddenly turned off: the three sound keys on laptop suddenly stopped working - no sound from the computer. Happened when I ran a movie on You Tube. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys-f6-f7-and-f8-suddenly-turned-off/8e6b2dd0-d2f9-4522-8ca0-73676dd004de