Windows 10: Laptop Display stops working once windows start loading

Discus and support Laptop Display stops working once windows start loading in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, My laptop model is Asus Zenbook UX310UQ model. Past two weeks, laptop display stopped to work and it works good when I connect to secondary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RamyaSubramanian, May 23, 2019.

1. Laptop Display stops working once windows start loading

Hello,

My laptop model is Asus Zenbook UX310UQ model. Past two weeks, laptop display stopped to work and it works good when I connect to secondary display. Initially I thought there is some graphics card cable issue. Later I realized that I see the Asus logo everytime when the laptop boots and display goes blank when the window loads.

Then I tried booting in safe mode and the laptop display started to work. So, I was sure there is compatibility issue between display driver and the recent windows update.

So, I decided to do a fresh installation of Windows. During installation, Laptop display was working. Once the windows installation got completed, in next couple of minutes, laptop display is gone again. This is because of automatic update of drivers.

I first uninstalled NVIDIA GeForce 940MX driver. Display still didn't work.

Then I rolled back driver of Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 driver from Device Manager. Then the laptop display started to work. However I don't have control over laptop screen brightness and power options.

Please advice!

Regards,

Ramya

:)

RamyaSubramanian, May 23, 2019
  2. Jetster Win User

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, May 23, 2019
  3. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, May 23, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Laptop Display stops working once windows start loading

Laptop display to Sharp tv stopped working after update.

Hello,

The issue could be due to outdated device display driver or display settings problem after a Windows update.

We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Have you tried updating your display driver or computer driver(s) after the Windows update?
    • Is your laptop's Multiple display settings set to duplicate or extended screen display?
    • Are you using a HDMI connection or VGA cable connection?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, May 23, 2019
Thema:

Laptop Display stops working once windows start loading

1. Laptop Display stops working once windows start loading - Similar Threads - Laptop Display stops

2. My Acer Laptop stopped working once I started using my HP It may be a network issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Acer Laptop stopped working once I started using my HP It may be a network issue: My HP Omni220 PC has Windows 7 and my Acer laptop has the newest version of windows. Once I began using my HP after not using it for years... now my Acer is just continually rebooting. I even have issues on the startup of my HP computer. The HP appears to be working fine with...
  3. My Acer Laptop stopped working once I started using my HP It may be a network issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Acer Laptop stopped working once I started using my HP It may be a network issue: My HP Omni220 PC has Windows 7 and my Acer laptop has the newest version of windows. Once I began using my HP after not using it for years... now my Acer is just continually rebooting. I even have issues on the startup of my HP computer. The HP appears to be working fine with...
  4. My Acer Laptop stopped working once I started using my HP It may be a network issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Second display stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second display stopped working: I have a Surface Pro 7 connected to a Kensington SD 7000 dock and a second display. The second display has worked normally since purchasing the Pro 7 and for some time after I upgraded to Windows 11. The second display has just gone black. The Pro 7 seems to detect the second...
  6. Second display stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second display stopped working: I have a Surface Pro 7 connected to a Kensington SD 7000 dock and a second display. The second display has worked normally since purchasing the Pro 7 and for some time after I upgraded to Windows 11. The second display has just gone black. The Pro 7 seems to detect the second...
  7. Laptop sound stopped working and started after restart.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop sound stopped working and started after restart.: My speakers and microphone suddenly stopped working while i was in a zoom meeting. My system had been on for about 7 hours by the way. I tried testing them but the zoom app just wasn’t responding. I then tried playing videos on the laptop but they were not producing any...
  8. Keyboard key stops working once Windows is fully loaded

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard key stops working once Windows is fully loaded: My 'Z' key no longer works once Windows has completed loading. It works perfectly while Windows is in the process of loading however. According to the Reliability Monitor, the following error is detected: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Program...
  9. USB stop working the second windows starts to load

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB stop working the second windows starts to load: My USB Ports stop working the second windows start to load. My logitech g710 & G502 light up and work fine in the motherboard BIOS but the second windows starts to load the stop working. I have been using a PS/2 Keyboard to navigate through the OS. I have restore windows. I...
  10. Laptop randomly stops working and then starts working again

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop randomly stops working and then starts working again: So my laptop stops working suddenly and then randomly starts working after 15-20 days for about 2-3 months. This has happened to me 3 times now. No lights come on in the system, I cannot enter BIOS mode, I tried to drain the residual battery and turn it on again it didn't...