Windows 10: LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES

Discus and support LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop display will turnoff after few min. Computer is up to date. The computer is running but after a few mintues display goes away. I do have 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by StephofTx, Mar 13, 2023.

1. StephofTx Win User

LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES

My laptop display will turnoff after few min. Computer is up to date. The computer is running but after a few mintues display goes away. I do have 2 external monitors but i need my 3rd, Main Laptop Display As Well! I've been working & researching this for over a month! My power settings are all fine and set to never. My laptop doesn't leave my desk. Can someone..please help! laptop display starting turning off after a windows update, not one that i can roll back. Any help or suggestions would be so appreciated!

:)

StephofTx, Mar 13, 2023
  2. Edwin Win User

Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.

Let's start with the obvious, did you click 'Save changes'?

LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES 168539d1513513257t-turn-off-display-5-minutes-still-30-minutes-later-000610.png

Edwin, Mar 13, 2023
  3. Jetster Win User
    Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Mar 13, 2023
  4. Swifty Win User

Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.

I created my own Power plan, and set "Turn off display:" to 5 minutes.
    I went away for half an hour, and when I came back, the display is still on.

Any suggestions why this is not working?

Swifty, Mar 13, 2023
Thema:

1. LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES - Similar Threads - LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS

2. Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes: Hi everyone. I am using Windows 11 and I have set my display to turn off in 5 minutes and the computer to go to sleep in 10 minutes in all cases. However, the display loses brightness in almost a minute and not long after 15 seconds maybe it turns off completely. I have...
  3. LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES: My laptop display will turnoff after few min. Computer is up to date. The computer is running but after a few mintues display goes away. I do have 2 external monitors but i need my 3rd, Main Laptop Display As Well! I've been working & researching this for over a month! My...
  4. LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES: My laptop display will turnoff after few min. Computer is up to date. The computer is running but after a few mintues display goes away. I do have 2 external monitors but i need my 3rd, Main Laptop Display As Well! I've been working & researching this for over a month! My...
  5. Laptop takes 3 minutes to turn off after the screen is turned off.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop takes 3 minutes to turn off after the screen is turned off.: Hello. I have a HP 15s-eq0005nv laptop. Since I bought this laptop 9 months ago, every time I get an update something goes wrong and "breaks". Recently I have been having a huge problem with this laptop. When I click to shut down my laptop the screen turns off normally, but...
  6. A program prevents "Turn off the display" after x minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    A program prevents "Turn off the display" after x minutes: Hello Community, On my Surface Go with Windows 10 Home, a program Siemens - WinCC Runtime is preventing that the display is turned of after a few minutes. How can I prevent that a program can overrule the Windows setting to turn off the display? --> even if the program is...
  7. Laptop display never turn on after it turns off because of no usage of the laptop for...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop display never turn on after it turns off because of no usage of the laptop for...: Company HP Model HP Pavilion 15 cc 129tx Windows version win 10 1803 build 17134.81 Graphic Nvidia 940mx and intel UHD 620 Problem My laptop screen goes to turn off after 5 min of no usage on battery and 10 min of no usage on power . after that I am not able to use...
  8. Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.: I created my own Power plan, and set "Turn off display:" to 5 minutes. I went away for half an hour, and when I came back, the display is still on. Any suggestions why this is not working? 100518
  9. W10 laptop with second monitor, display turns off after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 laptop with second monitor, display turns off after 1 minute: Hey all, hope someone here has a solution for this, since I'm going crazy. I have an HP dv7 laptop connected via VGA to a second monitor. The screen(s) turn off and the computer goes to sleep after a minute despite my best efforts. I have every setting that I can find set...
  10. Display turns off after exactly 10 minutes of inactivity

in Windows 10 Support
    Display turns off after exactly 10 minutes of inactivity: Hello I have used this site before for help with my computer problems and it never failed, but now I can't find the answer, hope this thread helps I have had my pc for 5 years now, it always worked fine. GA-X79-UD7 I7-3930k GTX 770 Last week the monitor started...