Windows 10: Laptop display turns on and off after restarting/resuming from sleep mode

Discus and support Laptop display turns on and off after restarting/resuming from sleep mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! Recently, I've been having issues with my laptop Dell Inspiron 15, where the display will turn on, display nothing, and then turn off again.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Michael Kavelish, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Laptop display turns on and off after restarting/resuming from sleep mode

Hello!

Recently, I've been having issues with my laptop Dell Inspiron 15, where the display will turn on, display nothing, and then turn off again. It keeps doing that until I perform a hard-shutdown holding the power button. The computer hasn't had this issue prior to today.

In fact, I recently had a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSoD and a kernel error where it asked to repair my PC I forgot the filename but it started with an n.

So the only thing I knew what to do is reset my laptop keeping my files because I have a lot of documents I need to save until I can find a good way to do a backup and reinstall Windows. However, the issue still kept occurring during and after the reset.

I have no idea what else to do. It might be a hardware issue, since it might not be a software issue.

:)

Michael Kavelish, Jun 23, 2020
  2. BrooksyX Win User

Win7 Pro Laptop crashes when resumes from sleep

Ok almost positive it related to the wifi card/driver. If I disable it in the device manager my laptop sleeps and resumes just fine.

So I guess first step would to be try to find a different driver and if that doesnt work I guess I can replace it. Used mini pci-e wifi cards are pretty cheap.

BrooksyX, Jun 23, 2020
  3. lollygags Win User
    Turn off display and sleep mode problem

I have the Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 and my computer will not turn off the display or go into sleep mode according to the power settings. I currently have it set to turn off the display after 5 minutes and go to sleep after 30 minutes. I ran the Power
    Troubleshooter and it said it found an issue with the "Turn hard disk off after" selection and changed it to 20 minutes but the displays still won't turn off and the computer doesn't go into sleep mode as scheduled. I am however able to put the pc into sleep
    mode manually from the start menu so it's not like sleep mode doesn't work it just doesn't happen automatically according to the power settings. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

lollygags, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Meadie03 Win User

Laptop display turns on and off after restarting/resuming from sleep mode

Resuming Videos after Sleep Mode - Windows 10

Hi All,

I've just bought myself a new HP laptop running Windows 10. I've found that every time I try to resume a video after my laptop has gone into Sleep Mode, I cannot get it to play without restarting my computer.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as this is wasting sooo much of my time.

Thanks

Meadie Laptop display turns on and off after restarting/resuming from sleep mode :)

Meadie03, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Laptop display turns on and off after restarting/resuming from sleep mode

1. Laptop display turns on and off after restarting/resuming from sleep mode - Similar Threads - Laptop display turns

2. System restarts when resuming from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restarts when resuming from sleep mode: For several weeks, I have experienced an issue where I press the power button to resume from sleep mode in Windows 11, but nothing appears on the screen even though the computer is on. I then press the power button again, and the computer either turns off or restarts. In the...
  3. System restarts when resuming from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restarts when resuming from sleep mode: For several weeks, I have experienced an issue where I press the power button to resume from sleep mode in Windows 11, but nothing appears on the screen even though the computer is on. I then press the power button again, and the computer either turns off or restarts. In the...
  4. regsvcs.exe preventing laptop from sleeping or turning display off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    regsvcs.exe preventing laptop from sleeping or turning display off: My laptop now does not turn off display or go to sleep after the specific time in the power settings. When i run powercfg -requests, it tells me the following:DISPLAY:[PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegSvcs.exeSYSTEM:[PROCESS]...
  5. regsvcs.exe preventing laptop from sleeping or turning display off

regsvcs.exe preventing laptop from sleeping or turning display off: My laptop now does not turn off display or go to sleep after the specific time in the power settings. When i run powercfg -requests, it tells me the following:DISPLAY:[PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegSvcs.exeSYSTEM:[PROCESS]...
  6. regsvcs.exe preventing laptop from sleeping or turning display off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?: My settings are to turn off the display after a few minutes but to never put the laptop to sleep. However, every time I leave my laptop alone and the 'display' turns off, I have to login? I don't want to have to login every time my laptop screen dims! I just got a new laptop...
  8. Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?

Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?: My settings are to turn off the display after a few minutes but to never put the laptop to sleep. However, every time I leave my laptop alone and the 'display' turns off, I have to login? I don't want to have to login every time my laptop screen dims! I just got a new laptop...
  9. Issues with turning off display and sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issues with turning off display and sleep mode: Hi I have a brand new Asus VivoBook laptop and the display is not turning off and the computer is not going to sleep for the times I've set. I've tried the Power troubleshooter, restoring Balanced plan to defaults, and turning off fast start up with no success. The screen...
  10. No sound after resume from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound after resume from sleep mode.: From about two years I have this problem. I have installed every single version of driver, but problem won't go away. Sound only come back when I restart Windows Audio service. Anyone have an idea what causes this? submitted by /u/antek2220 [link] [comments]...